IT.COM

Selling Am I smart selling Chris.net at Namescon auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris.net was accepted in the namescom live auction and I accepted. The only caveat is no reserve! I am crapping my pants at the thought of no reserve but this auction is a huge opportunity.
Being still pretty new to this I am wondering of I made a mistake or took advantage of a huge opportunity.
Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's an AWESOME domain. multi-use! male or female useable.

but do yourself a SOLID and do all the "extras" like paying for 7 or 30 featured on Namebio and DNJournal and Domaining and hey why not put these on Godaddy and SEDO and Flippa as Make OFFER (if it's allowed by Namescon) and why not check out what kind of "extra" promo options these sites got to offer? I know Flippa has a Twitter blast option (No Cheap) but still.

and if you really want to go all out. why not get a Press Release done for Chris.net being for say right now on Namescon at No reserve!

use PRUnderground.com for $189 they seem to "guarantee" your Press Release will get picked up my Google News.

all about traffic at this point.

That's what I'd do to get the best price for it at Namescon if I had such an awesome name like Chris.net

just plopping down your domain at Namescon won't guarantee you anything.

One questiion you will ask before and after the namescon auction.

Did I do everything possible to get the best price for this domain? or did I just sit on my hands and do nothing but wait for the auction to happen?

your answer to this can mean the difference between $xxx or $xxx,xxx.

Domaining isn't gambling as many have said over and over again.

you can manipulate it to you favor by getting as much "eyes" on your auction.

Good luck!

•••
didn't you wanna try first some cheap place like $9 flippa listing or godaddy reserve auction to test market or something?

I dunno know when you bought it or how much.. but it wouldn't be domaining if there wasn't some gamble involved in every aspect of it... or bit of crap in the pants.. as you put it. ;)

•••
I had it on Sedo Great Domains - they did zero promotion and it ended at 4K - didn't hit reserve.

•••
I had it on Sedo Great Domains - they did zero promotion and it ended at 4K - didn't hit reserve.

I see.
interesting.

well this domain doesn't really need any promoting packages, so I think a little 9$ on flippa with reserve would be okay investment to test market a bit further.

then after godady 7 day + reserve. which I think is even less than $9 fee.

once you exhaust all your reserve options, maybe then try little more gambling? I dunno. it really depends how much you like your pants.

•••
The thing I realized just now about Namescon auction is as far as I know you don't really get an "opportunity" to "talk or salespitch" your domain and write a whole "love note" on why they should buy your domain.

seems to me that Namescon is purely based on the "star power" of the name. Minus usual "snake oil salesman" routine.

I guess that's a plus and a minus all at the same time.

would be nice to be able to chat up all potential buyers about your Namescon domain listings via some kind of landing page.

•••
I see.
interesting.

well this domain doesn't really need any promoting packages, so I think a little 9$ on flippa with reserve would be okay investment to test market a bit further.

then after godady 7 day + reserve. which I think is even less than $9 fee.

once you exhaust all your reserve options, maybe then try little more gambling? I dunno. it really depends how much you like your pants.
Thanks - I needed a laugh right now - I'm nervous

•••
I have been buying names for years but always afraid to sell because they are worth more to me than I will get for them. I took a chance today and started auctions on this site also. Doing OK. I need to sell off some names so I can start getting bigger better .coms

•••

I remember reading somewhere that "girl" names were being traded in the aftermarket for way over 5 figures especially for that "unmentionables" niche. in which case "girl" names would definitely have value.

names like Nikki or Sasha or Alice you know the kind of names that are recycled in that industry.

I think a Registrar agent told me this a while back. your's isn't a .com but .net isn't too shabby.

•••
I remember reading somewhere that "girl" names were being traded in the aftermarket for way over 5 figures especially for that "unmentionables" niche. in which case "girl" names would definitely have value.

names like Nikki or Sasha or Alice you know the kind of names that are recycled in that industry.

I think a Registrar agent told me this a while back. your's isn't a .com but .net isn't too shabby.

If I could find that aftermarket I would have it made!
BTW - I see your avatar everyday and I laugh

•••
If I could find that aftermarket I would have it made!
BTW - I see your avatar everyday and I laugh

hahahaha see?? you get it!

some people don't like it. because no sense of humor what so ever!

but whatever.

I always say.........

200_s.gif

and then?

lets-put-a-smile-on-that-face-3.png

Last edited:
•••
It all depends on what you expect to get from the auction.

If your expecting low to possibly mid $x,xxx then you should be fine.

If your expecting low to mid $xx,xxx then yes be scared.

•••
I get offered low $xx,xxx routinely - I'm not that scared

•••
The Good: It got accepted in the auction.
The Bad: You will pay dearly on commissions.
The Ugly: Your domain will be lost between some super premium .coms and some total garbage.

Good luck to you!

•••
Anyways Best of Luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine. Done is Done. My advice before was kinda nuts and expensive but I just feel that that's what the pros do to get such high 4 or 5 or even 6 figure domain sales. you know those head scratcher domain sales you see on DNJournal that makes you wonder. "how the Hell did they get THAT MUCH for THAT Domain????"

well I "think" don't quote me. I "think" or more like "suspect" it's not because they paid $9 bucks to Flippa or $25 to Godaddy

if you put this on Namescon? It's an EVENT. Think of the 300 movie. Domainers are Spartans and the buyers are Persians being funnel into a veritable "killzone". Perfect enviroment to make a "killing". :xf.wink:

•••
Anyways Best of Luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine. Done is Done. My advice before was kinda nuts and expensive but I just feel that that's what the pros do to get such high 4 or 5 or even 6 figure domain sales. you know those head scratcher domain sales you see on DNJournal that makes you wonder. "how the Hell did they get THAT MUCH for THAT Domain????"

well I "think" don't quote me. I "think" or more like "suspect" it's not because they paid $9 bucks to Flippa or $25 to Godaddy

if you put this on Namescon? It's an EVENT. Think of the 300 movie. Domainers are Spartans and the buyers are Persians being funnel into a veritable "killzone". Perfect enviroment to make a "killing". :xf.wink:

I love the way to write - you are normal. Keep being yourself - its refreshing

•••
The Good: It got accepted in the auction.
The Bad: You will pay dearly on commissions.
The Ugly: Your domain will be lost between some super premium .coms and some total garbage.

Good luck to you!

hahahaha! nice one!

the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-t-anderson-banner.jpg

•••
I love the way to write - you are normal. Keep being yourself - its refreshing
Thank you. I really appreciate that...Best to you!

•••
Best of luck! and remember (I think I overuse this clip but it's such motivational clip. get you psyched.lol)

•••
I get offered low $xx,xxx routinely - I'm not that scared
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer in my prior post.

It's a great name and that's obvious.

But remember, the namescon auction is just a bunch of resellers and domainers bidding.

So I tend to look at the reality of things when these type of auctions are all hyped up.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get a great price for it.

•••

But remember, the namescon auction is just a bunch of resellers and domainers bidding.

So I tend to look at the reality of things when these type of auctions are all hyped up.

exactly. this was the reason for my "advice" post.

Resellers and domainers are going to be a GIVEN.

would be nice to throw in potential Endusers to the mix too with a Press Release

•••

I never take offense to free advice! I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer me. You all have years behind you

•••
I never take offense to free advice! I appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer me. You all have years behind you
Wow!...Now that is refreshing!

•••

hahaha. definitely not me!

•••
matter of fact. is this domain going to be redirected to your namescon? I do have 9568 connections on linkedin. you seem like a nice enough guy. I'll post it for ya as a Photo update. nothing fancy. if after the sale you wanna throw me some beer money and we're even. just let me know when to post. probably best around close to thee end of the auction. I'll pm you a screenshot.

think a share to 9568 can help? :xf.wink:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back