NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it a somewhat good estimate that
chinese LLLL.com premiums are at at least $1billion value today?
Unlike Number .coms chinese premium LLLL.com boomed in value in a very short period.
Will they hold their value or is it the biggest BUBBLE ever seen in domains?

Share your thoughts please

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Exactly right, junk domains have become (Chinese) premium overnight ? Something is not right here.
Even if there is a sudden realization of value - and not just a domainer bubble, that shows once again that domainers are followers, they seldom anticipate the trends and patterns of the future, and when they do so it often turns into hype threads à la 3D that lead to nowhere.

If you are buying 4L.com now, you've missed the boat. It sailed a long time ago. It's no big deal really, cause I have missed the boat so many times too. You will do better next time.

What you don't want is to buy domains at inflated value and be left holding the bag: big renewal fees combined with inability to resell at a profit and lack of liquidity. The greater fool theory is not fun when you are the last in line.

IMHO.

But there is the flaw in your post Kate, "junk domains" they were not junk, they were deemed junk by those only familiar with their own language, their own culture. Guess what back in 1996 BJXX.com was not junk if there was a greater proliferation of Chinese online and Chinese domainers.

I regged 4N.com in 2003 and 2004 not for a Chinese buyer because there was no talk of them back then, I knew nothing of Chinese number culture in 2003 except that 8 was great and 4 was poor. I sold those hand regs for $200 thinking wow this is the greatest, easiest money ever. That was by far the biggest mistake of my domaining involvement, I could have hand regged 50 easy at a time when domaining was considered to have all the good names goine. I shudder to think what I could get for 7599.com.

I am not saying anything is going through the roof and you should always be thoughtful to your budget, have some savings etc... But I don't think they are junk domains, China is complicated and some just run with a few known facts and don't realize there are many layers and just one letter placement is the difference in $12, $1,200 and $12,000.

Most importantly invest in niches you understand.

Again IMO

•••
agree with you all chinese domain is bubble like his business strategy.

•••
He tried to con me out of cbdo.com for $1000 and nagged me for months about it till I managed to get $4000 out of him. Obviously he thinks it will go for more in the future, as it will or he has already off loaded it to an end user.
I think that language is unfair, since $1000 for cbdo would be considered more than fair reseller value by most accounts. He was trying to obtain the domain at the lowest price. Nothing wrong or underhanded about that.

•••
Business want short, and businesses want .COM

LLL.com's are gone, so we get to LLLL.com's

The demand is pure IMO, so there's no reason to believe it's a bubble.

•••
Please don't nobody chop my head off for these charts, but I think they illustrate what is going on.

Chinese begin to move online...

china-internet-users-2010.jpg

Even in the 2010's, China experiences significant Internet user growth every year, unlike the rest of the developed world where everyone is already online.
china.jpg
Look at the insane growth in GDP, way outpacing any Western nation (kinda looks like the charts over at LLLLSales.com)...
China%20Char%201.png

•••
hi. I don't know about this whole "confidence" thing about LLLL.com domains. I've scoured many chinese domain auction sites and I'm looking at a few right now that are auctions that are about to end and the highest price I've seen was $1000. most were around 200 RMB which is around 31.3860 USD. I mean if LLLL.com are fetching such high prices so long as they don't have A,E,I,O,U,V. I could easily just buy these domains voer $30-$50 and then sell it to you guys over here and make $500-$1000 profit? just from the "Western" hype or belief that the Chinese will want these domains?

Meanwhile it's in the Chinese domain auction sites where I got these LLLL.Com domains for cheap?
lol

It's really funny to see what you people hype about LLLL.COM's but the prices over in chinese domain auction sites just do not support this Hype.

disclaimer: although there are of course LLLL.COM that are bidding as high as $1 million but it's OBVIOUS why it's selling for $1 million or few hundred thousand or tens of thousands.

but the MAJORITY are selling for dirt cheap.

Mind you also that alot of the high price domains HAVE the dreaded A,E,I,O,U,V combos. So that just really confuses me now. some of these LLLL.COM domains fetching from millions or hundreds of thousands contain not one vowel but 2 maybe even 3. so what's that all about?

I thought there wasn't much words in the chinese pinyin starting with A,E,I,O,U,V and that's why domainers avoid them in LLLL.com's

sigh***************** can someone please explain. newbie here.

•••
Mind you also that alot of the high price domains HAVE the dreaded A,E,I,O,U,V combos. So that just really confuses me now. some of these LLLL.COM domains fetching from millions or hundreds of thousands contain not one vowel but 2 maybe even 3. so what's that all about?

The top 4L names are not the ones without AEIOUV .. they are CVCV. (c=consonant, v=vowel). These are the ones that fetch a price in the 5 digits. Of course real 4-letter words like, give, food, beer, book are the super premium in the 6 digits+

•••
@Avtar629

The majority are selling dirt cheap?

Some are selling for $31 and there was no reserve on them? (sometimes auctions wont get bids as high as they deserve if they have a reserve)

If you really could buy many LLLL.com for $31 or so, why would you post that info here instead of buying each and everyone of them you can? You could make tens of thousands of dollars in a couple weeks selling them to us unknowledgeable western LLLL investors! Nonsense.

Most of your claims are highly suspect so please provide screenshots of these "sales" of LLLL.com under $50 at Chinese domain marketplaces. I check 4.cn quite often and have never seen that, so I can't imagine it is different elsewhere.

•••
The cheapest 4L - Chinese Premium sold on 4.cn is 550 at the beginning of September. (from LLLLSales.com)

•••
@Avtar629

The majority are selling dirt cheap?

Some are selling for $31 and there was no reserve on them? (sometimes auctions wont get bids as high as they deserve if they have a reserve)

If you really could buy many LLLL.com for $31 or so, why would you post that info here instead of buying each and everyone of them you can? You could make tens of thousands of dollars in a couple weeks selling them to us unknowledgeable western LLLL investors! Nonsense.

Most of your claims are highly suspect so please provide screenshots of these "sales" of LLLL.com under $50 at Chinese domain marketplaces. I check 4.cn quite often and have never seen that, so I can't imagine it is different elsewhere.
then you haven't checked "everywhere"

•••
then you haven't checked "everywhere"
I still believe you are mistaken. Please go back to those 'everywhere' chinese sites and take screenshots of LLLL.com that have SOLD for $31 or under $50. Show us the many sales at this price please. Don't show us auctions that are about to end (because the biggest bids can often be submitted within the last few seconds before it ends), don't show us auctions that have Reserves on them, just show us some screenshots of LLLL.com auctions that have ended, at all of these sites.

•••
I'd be a fool to tell EXACTLY where to find those DEALS and it's not 4.cn! lol

•••
Bah. Nonsense. Sorry but you are full of hot air and already look like a fool for spewing this crap without proof.

•••
naah you just want me to do all the work for you "Active Member" looking for freebies check Craiglist. if not do the research yourself.

•••
naah you just want me to do all the work for you "Active Member" looking for freebies check Craiglist. if not do the research yourself.
Hehe ok. Good luck. I guess we'll soon be seeing you selling these many many LLLL.com on the Namepros marketplace that you bought today for $31 :-o

•••
naah see you totally missed the point of my post. yes I probably could snag cheap LLLL.com's over "there" but can I really get them "sold" over here? Sometimes I feel like the prices for LLLL.com's are just "hyped" by the "pros" "peddling" the "hype" that oh yea LLLL.com's are selling for high prices because the chinese this and the chinese that are buying them for "investment" purposes. well from what I'm "seeing" with my own eyes. I just don't see it. So I'm exactly "jumping" to buy those LLLL.Com domains "over there".

Or maybe those LLLL.com's I'm seeing "over there" are just poor quality domains? with the wrong LLLL.com combos? or the wrong VVVVV.com combos? or CVCV combos? some are probably CVCC.com or VCVC.com or CCVV.com.

I personally think domainers who were "losing" money on LLLL.com domains somehow artificially inflated the price of LLLL.com domains.

I mean how difficult would it be to get an offshore account and then create a company that looks like Chinese owned domainer. so it looks like chinese investors are buying LLLL.com's so there are "Examples" of high price LLLL.com domains which I've seen people on Namepros comment on certain LLLL.com sales saying that "i doesn't make sense." I don't think it's too far fetched. and I definitely wouldn't put it past any domainer who is desperate to liquidate his inventory of LLLL.COM's

So Artificially create the hype
then when the masses swallow the hype sell your inventory of LLLL.Com's

sounds easy enough.

still doesn't make sense how certain LLLL.com's fetch such high prices and supposedly being bought by chinese investors as a safe haven.

Love to hear your 2 cents from anyone. thanks.

•••
yes I probably could snag cheap LLLL.com's over "there" but can I really get them "sold" over here?

You are 100% sure of selling any LLLL here on NP for $85. No matter what the letters are. So if you can buy LLLL somewhere cheaper than that, you know you can't be stucked with it. And really I say any letter .. anti-premium too. $85 is the pure bottom.

•••
what's funny is that if I do end up buying those cheap domains but I can guarantee you nobody over here will buy it for the prices that the "hypers" swear they should be selling for the potential buyers of such domains are the ones who created the hype. so I'll end up stuck with domains that won't get sold so I'll have to drop them and I can bet you the "hypers" will snatch them up for pennies on drop. then resell them using the "hype" lol what a circus!

•••
You are 100% sure of selling any LLLL here on NP for $85. No matter what the letters are. So if you can buy LLLL somewhere cheaper than that, you know you can't be stucked with it. And really I say any letter .. anti-premium too. $85 is the pure bottom.
ehhh! I guess you are right. it's just that there's too much "noise" about LLLL.com domains lately. and also Idn's that who do you believe?

•••
if you go on Godaddy right now Foxo.com is selling for alot. why? because it's LLLL.com and it's that CVCV.com combo? or because it's brandable? or aged?

•••
because it is brandable. It is short, easy to pronounce, easy to remember. great name.

•••
what's funny is that if I do end up buying those cheap domains but I can guarantee you nobody over here will buy it for the prices that the "hypers" swear they should be selling for the potential buyers of such domains are the ones who created the hype. so I'll end up stuck with domains

You will never get stuck with 4L. You say you can buy them 30-50$ ...
I will buy all the LLLL you will bring me for $85 for the weak ones. guaranteed !! I will pay 500 for all chinese premium you have for me. guaranteed!.

•••
You will never get stuck with 4L. You say you can buy them 30-50$ ...
I will buy all the LLLL you will bring me for $85 for the weak ones. guaranteed !! I will pay 500 for all chinese premium you have for me. guaranteed!.
Don't bother. He is full of crap and there are no LLLL.com constantly being sold elsewhere for $31 every day. He is obviously bitter about not getting into the market on time. Or something. Perhaps he has no idea how to read chinese auction sites. Regardless, he can easily take a screenshot and block out which site it is so we do not go steal his 'goldmine of many LLLL under $50'. Oh but that's right, he is too scared to buy them because none of us at Namepros would buy them from him for even $80. Lol, if anyone is taking this guy seriously then, my condolences to you..

Last edited:
•••
This guy is definitely a troll and should be ignored.

Meantime I have to find my 1 Million Zimbabwean dollars so I can buy one of Nem0's awesome domains.

:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Har har har - inside joke^

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back