IT.COM

discuss Chinese government behind numeric domain buyouts???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm going to go a little out on a limb here by mention this, but I'm not so sure that the numeric craze and explosion that ignited 90 days ago, or thereabouts, was just a random deal. Sure numerics have been around, but not like what we've seen over the last few months. It really exploded out of nowhere.

A couple things to point. One, communist China's government is very smart and sneaky, and no doubt they want into the domain market for whatever future cause they may have up their sleeve. I believe the Chinese gov't may be behind this massive accumulation. Quite simply, do a WHO IS look up on the Chinese buyers. It appears ALL of them are of Private Registration, and primarily out of Beijing. Now that's a little odd to me. You would think if large Chinese investors were interested in selling, they would like for people to be able to contact them.

The good news is that the buyouts will probably continue across the board to 6n, and probably no higher. And if this is true, they may pay virtually any price before it's over to completely corner the market.

Start doing a WHO IS look up and look at the massive amounts of private registration out of Beijing. Of course being private makes no sense. There is no crime in doing this of course, but something is going on.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm going to go a little out on a limb here by mention this, but I'm not so sure that the numeric craze and explosion that ignited 90 days ago, or thereabouts, was just a random deal. Sure numerics have been around, but not like what we've seen over the last few months. It really exploded out of nowhere.

A couple things to point. One, communist China's government is very smart and sneaky, and no doubt they want into the domain market for whatever future cause they may have up their sleeve. I believe the Chinese gov't may be behind this massive accumulation. Quite simply, do a WHO IS look up on the Chinese buyers. It appears ALL of them are of Private Registration, and primarily out of Beijing. Now that's a little odd to me. You would think if large Chinese investors were interested in selling, they would like for people to be able to contact them.

The good news is that the buyouts will probably continue across the board to 6n, and probably no higher. And if this is true, they may pay virtually any price before it's over to completely corner the market.

Start doing a WHO IS look up and look at the massive amounts of private registration out of Beijing. Of course being private makes no sense. There is no crime in doing this of course, but something is going on.

I think it's just a few large corps jumping into the market ...
Therefore private registrations/buys and bulk actions all over ...
I also think it will go up to 6N ... also with 2 letter before the LLLL's ... Because also china has license plates ...

•••
I also think it will go up to 6N ... also with 2 letter before the LLLL's ... Because also china has license plates ...

It's already beyond 6n and 7n is almost bought out. NNLLLL is very doubtful. There are tons of shorter ones that are currently available and that would be very confusing and difficult to remember as a URL. People are trying it and there is absolutely no demand for them.

•••
It's already beyond 6n and 7n is almost bought out. NNLLLL is very doubtful. There are tons of shorter ones that are currently available and that would be very confusing and difficult to remember as a URL. People are trying it and there is absolutely no demand for them.

... yes you're right, at the moment, but don't forget that a LLLL.com was worth nothing a few years ago ...
My strategy is to find trends before they come up, rather then to run after them and pick up the few crumbs that fall down, while the "big ones" flip around ...

So therefore I think it's no indicator that there's no demand for it right now ... And when people search for license plates as domain, I believe one day they will also search for LLNNN(n) ... not tomorrow, not next year, but maybe in 2 ...

It's like with stocks ... you don't buy them at the highest price and on top of the hype,
you try and buy them at the lowest possible, before they blow ...

•••

7n is not almost bought out. Chips may be getting closer, but I think it's still only half way.

Also, per your previous, I'm not sure where the 2 million number actually came from. But it's not.

As for private reg, I'm using Uniregistry for most of my reg's now ... so I know mine are all private reg because it's FREE at Uni. I don't know if such a deal exists with any Chinese registrars, but since it doesn't cost them anything, I'd imagine even if it's not free, if you ask the right people at the registrar, you can get it free.

•••
Sorry but that idea of license plates is just insane. For your own good, stop buying now and study the market, read the main threads in this forum.

•••
Sorry but that idea of license plates is just insane. For your own good, stop buying now and study the market, read the main threads in this forum.

I actually have a client who did that ... as domain ... never say never ... like when people pay 1 M just to get a special combination license plate, in UK e.g. ... People pay more for the plate then for their car in some cases ... It's a real business around this...

Confuzius Says :

"Who will buy random 7 number domains as investment, will also buy his license plate as domain one day"

I don't buy such domains at all btw ... And I'm sure not professional Domainer ... but it's common ABC that every price for every product rises the more rare the product gets ... it will naturally happen with domains in general also I believe ...

I'm not talking bout the peak prices - I'm talking about the general Index ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back