IT.COM

discuss Chinese government behind numeric domain buyouts???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm going to go a little out on a limb here by mention this, but I'm not so sure that the numeric craze and explosion that ignited 90 days ago, or thereabouts, was just a random deal. Sure numerics have been around, but not like what we've seen over the last few months. It really exploded out of nowhere.

A couple things to point. One, communist China's government is very smart and sneaky, and no doubt they want into the domain market for whatever future cause they may have up their sleeve. I believe the Chinese gov't may be behind this massive accumulation. Quite simply, do a WHO IS look up on the Chinese buyers. It appears ALL of them are of Private Registration, and primarily out of Beijing. Now that's a little odd to me. You would think if large Chinese investors were interested in selling, they would like for people to be able to contact them.

The good news is that the buyouts will probably continue across the board to 6n, and probably no higher. And if this is true, they may pay virtually any price before it's over to completely corner the market.

Start doing a WHO IS look up and look at the massive amounts of private registration out of Beijing. Of course being private makes no sense. There is no crime in doing this of course, but something is going on.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well something is up with Beijing and these buys. Beijing has a population of only 20 million, which is half the population of California. And if you take kids and the elderly out of the equation, it doesn't make much sense. From my understanding, for the most part the government of Beijing controls all of China. Way too many buys with private reg coming out of Beijing. Seems like a well organized controlled buy of numerics.

•••
There could be yet another reason for the Chinese government obtaining them. Never since the inception of the internet and the .com boom has a time come around that was brand new in which people could hand reg millions of domains for a substantial profit. It would be a great investment for any country. For example, if the Chinese were to dump a billion into this project corner the numerics market, they potentially stand to make 10 x that in the short term. China is too smart to turn down 10 billion profit minimum. That's a lot of money. In a few years maybe they can make 100B, who knows.

•••
own them all to bring money back to the country.

•••
Konga, I'm just giving you hard time by implying you work for the Chinese government. My apologies. My radar is going off at the moment as clearly something is going on. There is very little doubt that this is an organized attempt by China to corner numerics that goes beyond random investing. They all have one thing in common, private registration out of Beijing.

One reason I've been hyping 5n .info premiums a bit, is because quite frankly it's the only one left with premiums and I've been just simply trying to get a jump on this plan of theirs. I recently just bought 100 of them, and at this point maybe it was to throw a wrench into this apparent plan. Could be a dead dog in the end, but who knows, doubtful I would say.

Maybe China officials want them for their people down the road, or to use them in some fashion. But knowing how controlling China is with their people, they might even want to acquire them all to also prevent their own people from buying them and to prevent them from exploring too far on the internet, and to keep them from it. The fewer Chinese on the web, the better for China. They've gone to great lengths to block Google and to quash information and the last thing they want is a pipeline of numeric sites sidestepping their efforts in blocking sites like Facebook and Google, etc.... China is about controlling information.
No need for apologies, its all good :) as long as we all share the info here on namepros hopefully we wont be the last to know of whats really going on

•••
.ca is for Canada, and is a geo extension. The Chinese new world order unfortunately may not want it. :D

If numerics were being obtained as a future counting and tracking method, technically they would never want a domain that began with "0", as that would not work in a counting method. Although it could end with a 0. Probably the only people buying domains beginning with a 0 are non-Chinese (government).

If CIRA were smart they would allow anyone to register dot CA. 4N and 5N would be registered in no time. And then my couple of 3N & 4N.ca would actually be worth something...

cptbhjon.gif

•••
•••
Gee... I did not know we had so many conspiracy theorist in domain'rs.

Right now, in China, their stock market has been in a overbought state for the last year.
Nobody really knows what the stocks are worth and they have been plunging as a market correction.

Many have been looking for other investments.

While you can doubt how much VR, 3D Printing type names will do in the coming years,
there is no doubt that there is a need for short names. But which ones.
Can't tell.... buy them all. 3L 4L 5L and numerics all fit that.

I have been commenting on it as it has been happening. And my advice is to get yours while you can. When the buy-up gets closer to the end, the prices go up. Let them do the work for you. You don't have to buy them all, just some.

But you can't just be jealous by someone with the money and the will to do what you have failed to do or realize.

•••
I believe the buyouts are completed, except for the ongoing one on 7n com. Hard to believe any Chinese investor is dumb enough to try for that one still.

The 2 million + domains registered privately and purchased right out of the capital of Beijing is still a little suspect. Their population is only 20 million, and their ongoing efforts to purchase 7n seems planned. Any investor would be bailing out of that dumb plan by now. I suppose it could be some dumb rich kid doing it all, lol. If that's the case, maybe he should turn to video games. :-/

•••
Also remember, with the Chinese government, it's ALL about being sneaky and controlling the people in some fashion. There is rarely a big event like this that takes place in which the government sits on the sidelines. They have to be involved in it, and control it, period. When it comes to the web, they won't even allow facebook and Google as they can't control it. Millions of sites going up in numerics? Yah... they're involved. It's what they do.

•••
OK, so they may be behind it. (Maybe not) If so, what does that mean? Process going higher and higher? An adjustment to normal prices? Or what?

•••
Lets just blame Bush instead

•••
OK, so they may be behind it. (Maybe not) If so, what does that mean? Process going higher and higher? An adjustment to normal prices? Or what?
whoops. That was supposed to say "Prices going higher and higher..."

•••
•••
I'm going to go a little out on a limb here by mention this, but I'm not so sure that the numeric craze and explosion that ignited 90 days ago, or thereabouts, was just a random deal. Sure numerics have been around, but not like what we've seen over the last few months. It really exploded out of nowhere.

A couple things to point. One, communist China's government is very smart and sneaky, and no doubt they want into the domain market for whatever future cause they may have up their sleeve. I believe the Chinese gov't may be behind this massive accumulation. Quite simply, do a WHO IS look up on the Chinese buyers. It appears ALL of them are of Private Registration, and primarily out of Beijing. Now that's a little odd to me. You would think if large Chinese investors were interested in selling, they would like for people to be able to contact them.

The good news is that the buyouts will probably continue across the board to 6n, and probably no higher. And if this is true, they may pay virtually any price before it's over to completely corner the market.

Start doing a WHO IS look up and look at the massive amounts of private registration out of Beijing. Of course being private makes no sense. There is no crime in doing this of course, but something is going on.
H

Domaining to the chinese gov is only a ''dot'' to the rest of its economy They have built ghost cities with costs that can buy all the domains in the world. The internet is still young and will branch out to something even bigger than anyone can imagine ,so in the future why cant a LLLL.com premium chip go for a million bucks , I say they will and others with track behind at adjusted ratios. The domain industry is still at the toddler stage. Cant wait till ths baby starts to Walk ....:::"""""

•••
A Chinese sheepdog escaped and was let loose in Beijing ?

•••
•••
I am chinese, actually, it is the market choice, no relationship with the govenment

•••
I am chinese, actually, it is the market choice, no relationship with the govenment
You need to understand that we love conspiracy theories...even if it is a stretch. :)

•••
The 2 million + domains registered privately and purchased right out of the capital of Beijing is still a little suspect.

That's only $20m, probably peanuts in Macau. I keep reading Chinese buy numerics as "tokens" ie a place to park money, a sort of illicit bank account. Add to that the possibility of your deposits doubling and tripling in value. And the problem of businesses in China having huge amounts of cash to hide.

By the way, if the Chinese government want to assign personal identification number domains to each person, it would make more sense to just create and control a new extension or extensions, for example .pin or .cin or .sin.

Another interesting scenario for all these numerics is using them to create unique URLs for IoT connected devices.

Last edited:
•••
I believe the buyouts are completed, except for the ongoing one on 7n com. Hard to believe any Chinese investor is dumb enough to try for that one still.

The 2 million + domains registered privately and purchased right out of the capital of Beijing is still a little suspect. Their population is only 20 million, and their ongoing efforts to purchase 7n seems planned. Any investor would be bailing out of that dumb plan by now. I suppose it could be some dumb rich kid doing it all, lol. If that's the case, maybe he should turn to video games. :-/

I'm just one person in the US and I own 500+ premium 7N. If that were the average, it only takes 4,000 people to own 2 million names.

•••
Is it possible to create a new extension that is purely numeric, such as .420 or .888 ?

•••
The main point is if you have never lived in China and aren't fluent in Mandarin Chinese.. it's probably against your best interests to be making these kind of investments. You might find yourself underwater when the bubble pops and you've got a whole bunch of numbers that may not even make much sense to a Chinese company / person.

•••
I'm just one person in the US and I own 500+ premium 7N. If that were the average, it only takes 4,000 people to own 2 million names.

True, but you're talking about 1 out of 4,000 in the U.S., and I'm talking about only Beijing, with a population that's equal to half of California.

•••
True, but you're talking about 1 out of 4,000 in the U.S., and I'm talking about only Beijing, with a population that's equal to half of California.

I'm actually not sure what you're saying.

If you're focusing on Beijing, I'm saying 4K out of 20 million is pretty small... And even $20 million in capital, the rounded up cost to register 2 million 7N is very tiny.

•••
I'm actually not sure what you're saying.

If you're focusing on Beijing, I'm saying 4K out of 20 million is pretty small... And even $20 million in capital, the rounded up cost to register 2 million 7N is very tiny.

Then we have a difference in opinion I suppose. 2 million domains in a relatively small area seems high to me, and all registered in 3 months with private reg. It would be similar to just Southern Cal registering 2 million domains in a span of a few months. I'm also considering the time frame.

21x20, don't fight the system man. It's the Chinese new world order. The identification domain number you're going to be assigned by the Chinese right after already has your name on it. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back