Domain Empire

China will block .com's for a competive edge.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The above statement is just a prediction of mine. Blocking .com's for an unfair advantage over US company's would not be beyond them and it is definitely doable. Verisign does not even have a license to use or sell .com's in China, it was only tolerated. But that might change very soon (effective March 1, 2016)

Research MIIT, the Chinese government organization that regulates the internet and domain names in China. This has all been talked about for quite sometime, long before Google re-organized under abc.xyz (do some research for once). It was also well understood that .xyz and .club would be two of the first foreign registrars to get a license in China.

According to Daniel Negari, XYZ is the only U.S. registrar to apply for a license in China AND coordinate with ICANN about it. While a lot of .com loyalists have been bashing new GTLD's a lot of people have been in the background hand registering cheap domain names. A lot of large .COM portfolio holders already sold out and domain name news outlets are slowly easing on their criticism.

TheDomains was right, it will take an intense marketing campaign by at least 2 to 3 major brands. He mentions the Super Bowl as a good example and if you do some research, that is exactly what's happening.

ChrisRice.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
If Bob is an antiques dealer or has an online antiques store, what is somebody more likely to search for, "bobs fine antiques" or "antiques"?

I think it's obvious what the answer is. Now Bob would love to have a single word category killer like Antiques.com, but does Bob have the million dollars it would take yo get a name like that? Might Bob take a chance on antiques.xyz(or .online for that matter)for a fraction of the cost? I think so.

.com is like the Name Brand headache pill and .xyz is like the store brand headache pill, one costs a lot more because of the name but they both have the same ingredients. I think people aren't used to typing .xyz in an address bar after .com for so long, but once a few big name companies and websites adopt .xyz, it will be a lot more common.

If big companies like Google are grabbing .xyz, I want to as well

•••
If Bob is an antiques dealer or has an online antiques store, what is somebody more likely to search for, "bobs fine antiques" or "antiques"?

I think it's obvious what the answer is. Now Bob would love to have a single word category killer like Antiques.com, but does Bob have the million dollars it would take yo get a name like that? Might Bob take a chance on antiques.xyz(or .online for that matter)for a fraction of the cost? I think so.

.com is like the Name Brand headache pill and .xyz is like the store brand headache pill, one costs a lot more because of the name but they both have the same ingredients. I think people aren't used to typing .xyz in an address bar after .com for so long, but once a few big name companies and websites adopt .xyz, it will be a lot more common.

If big companies like Google are grabbing .xyz, I want to as well

When google.com will migrate to google.xyz than I will buy .XYZ domains !

•••
Remember that have applied for their own strings, including .google which is already delegated.
google.xyz: not in your dreams.

•••
Remember that have applied for their own strings, including .google which is already delegated.
google.xyz: not in your dreams.
Exactly my point of view !

•••
I can see domainers buying and selling .xyz among themselves, but end user to purchase .xyz from domainer? Not going to happen in following decades, probably not ever!!

•••
•••
When google.com will migrate to google.xyz than I will buy .XYZ domains !

I'll sell you some of my domains once Google switches to .xyz, how about that?

CustomMade.xyz is one of them.

#BuyOnRumor #SellOnNews

•••
I'll sell you some of my domains once Google switches to .xyz, how about that?

CustomMade.xyz is one of them.

#BuyOnRumor #SellOnNews

Google would never switch to .com, why should they,they have an established presence in .com? But,then again, why would they stop there? Why do they build an electric car? Because they want to expand. They want to grow, they want to build. Why did Microsoft by DOC.IO for $23k? Same reason.
XYZ may never take off, but if it does for some reason, there will be two groups of people, those that have great xyz names, and those that wish they had grabbed some

•••
Lots of wishful thinking going on here.

•••
Lots of wishful thinking going on here.

Wishful thinking?

Minds + Machines Group Limited (LSE:MMX), the publicly quoted owner and operator of Internet top-level domains has announced its expansion into the Chinese market with the appointment of the highly respected registry service company, ZDNS (互联网域名系统北京市工程研究中心有限公司), as its local infrastructure partner. The Company has also appointed Allegravita LLC, a leading strategic marketing company focused on introducing registry businesses into China, to advise the Company on its market entry strategy.

To date, Allegravita has advised 15 registries, which include market-leaders such as .CLUB Domains, Neustar, ICM, Radix and Rightside, while ZDNS, China’s leading registry backend service provider, currently enables over 40 top-level domains, including .xyz, .top, .wang, .club and .网址 (.url in Chinese characters), comply with Chinese regulations on domain name administration. Combined, new gTLD clients of ZDNS and Allegravita have seen over 2.3 million domains sold into the market through Chinese registrars.

"We are greatly honoured to be partnered with the renowned Chinese Internet sector pioneer Dr. Mao Wei and his highly respected organisation, ZDNS, and to be working with local partners able to ensure we meet all MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology) requirements," said Antony Van Couvering, CEO of MMX. "We very much look forward to successfully entering into the Chinese market and to supporting China’s rapidly growing digital economy."

"Minds + Machines has demonstrated itself to be an organisation of the highest integrity partnering with major cities and commercial organisations globally. We therefore look forward to supporting the Group fully in China," said Dr. Mao Wei (毛伟), the Director of ZDNS.

MMX has also report that it is currently on-boarding its first major Chinese registrars. The Company is additionally at an advanced stage of establishing its wholly foreign-owned enterprise (“WFOE”) in China, Beijing Ming Zhi Mo Si Technology Company Limited (北京明智墨思科技有限公司).

Management, which is scheduled to visit China in February to support the launch, anticipates the Group’s first domain sales in China will commence in late Q1 when the first tranche of seven MMX wholly-owned domains will be introduced into the Chinese market. These will be .beer, .fashion, .fit, .law, .wedding, .work and .yoga. It is anticipated that .VIP will then be launched during Q2 where a major focus will be on the Chinese market. .购物 (shopping – IDN) will be launched later in the year.

David Weill, non-executive director of MMX and special advisor to the Company on Asia, added: "Following extensive consumer focus-group testing of our portfolio, it is clear we have a group of top-level domains that resonate exceptionally well with Chinese audiences. Through our strategy of partnering with proven in-country industry leaders, we believe we are well-placed to enter this fast-growing market in a highly effective manner."

According to official Chinese government data1, by December 2015, 31.02 million domain names were registered in China. Since MIIT released its new regulations on top level domains in May 2015, domain name registrations that can be attributed to new gTLDs currently seeking compliance with China’s regulations increased from 400,000 to 3,000,0002 in a six-month period, approximately 26% of total new gTLD registrations globally. As such, MMX’s management considers the Chinese market to have rapidly established itself as an extremely important and active participant in the world market for domain names.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20160128_minds_machines_group_expands_into_chinese_market/

•••
So are you saying that the big players are going to embrace .xyz just to remain active in China because China could block .com.
Nonsense.
They could as well buy .top domains :) Genuine Chinese product, unlike .xyz that is as American as Verisign's .com. But wait, they can have .cn domains too. Oh wait, they already have .cn along all the ccTLDs for the markets where they are active.
Besides, there is no reason why Verisign would try to get 'compliant' if this is what it takes...
I hope this wild speculation is not the sole motive for your investing in .xyz.

•••
Besides, there is no reason why Verisign would[n't] try to get 'compliant' if this is what it takes....

China wasn't able to pre-register their list of banned domain names in .com so there is a chance .com will never be compliant.

•••
They could as well buy .top domains :) Genuine Chinese product, unlike .xyz that is as American as Verisign's .com.

That is the actual point. It is just as good as the .com in America but..

- Unlike .com China was able to pre-register their list of banned domain names for .xyz

"They always had the sense of, 'Let's try something, and if it sounds crazy, maybe it's worth trying. We'll find out.'"

http://www.cnet.com/news/larry-page-sergey-brin-google-alphabet/

•••
No later than when the most important 1/2/3/4/5 words / terms / in .com's, .net's, .web's, .xyz's and maybe some other gTLDs are registered, the high core value of .top will be recognized worldwide by all and then it's .top's real time.
Just because it's not possible 'to top the (ultimate meaning of) 'top' = 'the highest point'.
Fame is a game of time in line and the line 'ends' at the top.

Good luck with all your .com's, .net's, .xyz's and all other existing or future TLDs.

•••
Why the silence everyone?

Is it because of this:

“China is a key component to our business strategy,” explained Geir Rasmussen, CEO of Famous Four Media. “During the dot COM era, Asia lagged behind the rest of the world in terms of domain name registration and commercial Internet exploitation. However, the introduction of the new domain endings in 2013 has provided the opportunity for China to take a leading position in the new Not COM era.

http://www.realwire.com/releases/Famous-Four-Media-expands-into-China

Last edited:
•••

Is it because of this:

“China is a key component to our business strategy,” explained Geir Rasmussen, CEO of Famous Four Media. “During the dot COM era, Asia lagged behind the rest of the world in terms of domain name registration and commercial Internet exploitation. However, the introduction of the new domain endings in 2013 has provided the opportunity for China to take a leading position in the new Not COM era.

Is it because of this:

I love to read, but I must say this was a disappointment. First of all it was a Press Release, and secondly the statement you bolded in red "...opportunity for China to take a leading position in the new Not COM era.” Was made by Rasmussen, CEO of Famous Four Media which manages new gtlds. He is obviously biased but did you catch the "opportunity" part. Heck I have the Opportunity to win millions by just playing one lottery ticket, doesn't mean I will win.
Disclaimer: I am NOT saying new gTLDs won't or will be successful.

•••
I love to read, but I must say this was a disappointment. First of all it was a Press Release, and secondly the statement you bolded in red "...opportunity for China to take a leading position in the new Not COM era.” Was made by Rasmussen, CEO of Famous Four Media which manages new gtlds. He is obviously biased but did you catch the "opportunity" part. Heck I have the Opportunity to win millions by just playing one lottery ticket, doesn't mean I will win.
Disclaimer: I am NOT saying new gTLDs won't or will be successful.

Great catch. I still stand by my predictions but you pointed out an obvious bias. Thanks!

P.S. Calculated risks are a lot different than lottery tickets.

•••
Is this whole thread looks like fanboy arena of .xyz, .top and other rubbish extentions or just the last page that I've read?

•••
I agree with @djum , and this have nothing to do with original topic - which is btw someone's opinion on something which is NEVER going to happen. There are plenty of influential people in China who would stand to loose a lot, and not unlike other countries - rich people in China have similar type of pull with their government.
This whole bubble while may look chaotic, is carefully controlled environment, and NOT by government of China, but believe me - they have their cut so shutting this down would be sawing the branch they are sitting on.

•••
•••
Is this whole thread looks like fanboy arena of .xyz, .top and other rubbish extentions or just the last page that I've read?

It's your .com view but I have to inform you that neither .top nor .xyz are 'rubbish', not in the slightest haha
You say that the 2 most registered new gTLDs are rubbish haha
I say, both extensions are brilliant, you will see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back