Dynadot

China will block .com's for a competive edge.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The above statement is just a prediction of mine. Blocking .com's for an unfair advantage over US company's would not be beyond them and it is definitely doable. Verisign does not even have a license to use or sell .com's in China, it was only tolerated. But that might change very soon (effective March 1, 2016)

Research MIIT, the Chinese government organization that regulates the internet and domain names in China. This has all been talked about for quite sometime, long before Google re-organized under abc.xyz (do some research for once). It was also well understood that .xyz and .club would be two of the first foreign registrars to get a license in China.

According to Daniel Negari, XYZ is the only U.S. registrar to apply for a license in China AND coordinate with ICANN about it. While a lot of .com loyalists have been bashing new GTLD's a lot of people have been in the background hand registering cheap domain names. A lot of large .COM portfolio holders already sold out and domain name news outlets are slowly easing on their criticism.

TheDomains was right, it will take an intense marketing campaign by at least 2 to 3 major brands. He mentions the Super Bowl as a good example and if you do some research, that is exactly what's happening.

ChrisRice.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Aren't .xyz's garbage anyway?

•••
That is strange, I can only assume the writer meant it in regards to number of registrations maybe.

Yes, it is ambiguous.

I am not really sure what he meant by that.

•••
•••
Try harder, think more and type less.
I think alot of the negativity from .com owners towards new gtlds and .xyz specifically is because they trash talked .com first and tried to say they are a better option. I believe their is enough room on the internet for both. imo .com will be the first choice for a long time. New gtlds need to be able to say why they have value instead of just bashing .com. p.s. I believe it's registrars that will be affected not .com owners.

Last edited:
•••
I think alot of the negativity from .com owners towards new gtlds and .xyz specifically is because they trash talked .com first and tried to say they are a better option. I believe their is enough room on the internet for both. imo .com will be the first choice for a long time. New gtlds need to be able to say why they have value instead of just bashing .com. p.s. I believe it's registrars that will be affected not .com owners.

I understand that the trash talking goes both ways and it might have started with GTLD's but I don't think I was the one doing any of the trash talking. It seems like the Name Pros are more into message boards, chit-chat and forums than actual research. I am not trash talking but that is based on the replies I received.

•••
I don't agree with the analogy but I'll offer up one of my own.

Thinking .top will replace .com is like thinking cow dung will replace oil as the main source of energy.
Oh snap lol

•••
I understand that the trash talking goes both ways and it might have started with GTLD's but I don't think I was the one doing any of the trash talking. It seems like the Name Pros are more into message boards, chit-chat and forums than actual research. I am not trash talking but that is based on the replies I received.
I wasn't talking about you specifically, I was speaking generally.

•••
I wasn't talking about you specifically, I was speaking generally.

Yeah, I can understand the vibes felt by .com owners.

But it is important to diversify your holdings, especially after a large surge in .com prices. I am not recommending that every .com holder purchase GTLDs, but I think it would have been good for many to take some off their profits off the table. This is not to scare anyone but it is common sense, buy low / sell high.

Prices for .com's are high while prices for .xyz's are low.

•••
•••
Thinking that the gTLD .com will allways be king is like thinking oil will allways be the main source for energy.
Thinking that the gTLD .com will allways be king is like thinking oil will allways be the main source for energy.
Fyi, oil was never the only main source of energy but yes, its dominance was and is currently as a source of reusable enenrgy. Nothing lasts forever but there is a timeperiod to everything. And as i said earlier " the dominance of .com will at least be there for next 2-3 decades" until it dries up completely and as @NameClerk.com said that cowdungs can be the alternatives but never be the main source.

•••
the new generation will grow up with all these nice new gTLD,s

.com sounds like Combucha
.com is boring
.com is out

•••
Yeah, I can understand the vibes felt by .com owners.

But it is important to diversify your holdings, especially after a large surge in .com prices. I am not recommending that every .com holder purchase GTLDs, but I think it would have been good for many to take some off their profits off the table. This is not to scare anyone but it is common sense, buy low / sell high.

Prices for .com's are high while prices for .xyz's are low.
See that is a great selling point, Diversification. Most of the portfolios have a small percentage of risky investments with possible high return.
the new generation will grow up with all these nice new gTLD,s

.com sounds like Combucha
.com is boring
.com is out

.naive

•••
And as i said earlier " the dominance of .com will at least be there for next 2-3 decades"

You are pulling the 2-3 decades out of thin air. Nobody even knows what will happen 1 decade from now.

•••
See that is a great selling point, Diversification. Most of the portfolios have a small percentage of risky investments with possible high return.

I believe I was mis-classed as if I was .com basher and thread troll.

•••
The matter of the fact is whether it is a .com or .top, everyone wants to be a part of the rat race and everyone wants to dig out money. 8.Top is much more valuable than than djfhgjf.com & vice versa. So its just a matter of being opportunist and make a penny out of it. When there is a chance of earning money then "Nobody cares what is at right side of the Dot".

•••
I believe I was mis-classed as if I was .com basher and thread troll.

.COM's getting banned in China is still a legitimate concern. Google and Facebook are two of the large corporations eager to (re)enter the Chinese market. If .com's get banned on March 1st there is a chance G and FB will (re)enter China as G.xyz and Facebook.xyz.

Those are only two of the large US companies w/a significant interest in China. I am not pro-xyz as much as I am pro-timing. And right now it is a good time to invest in .xyz and not .com. If .xyz surges sky-high and .com's get oversold it might be good to buy .com's then but not now.

The Name Pros missed two market signals:
Google re-organizing under Alphabet ( abc.xyz )
2. TheDomains selling their .com portfolio to GoDaddy and joining RightSide as a consultant

The insult hurled at me were baseless and I am questioning whether the word "Pros" in "Name Pros" is baseless too.

•••
The matter of the fact is whether it is a .com or .top, everyone wants to be a part of the rat race and everyone wants to dig out money. 8.Top is much more valuable than than djfhgjf.com & vice versa. So its just a matter of being opportunist and make a penny out of it. When there is a chance of earning money then "Nobody cares what is at right side of the Dot".

You said a lot without saying much. I think it could have been condensed into one sentence.

•••
You said a lot without saying much. I think it could have been condensed into one sentence.
8.Top is much more valuable than djfhgjf.com lol what a comparison.

•••
•••
Fyi, oil was never the only main source of energy but yes, its dominance was and is currently as a source of reusable enenrgy. Nothing lasts forever but there is a timeperiod to everything. And as i said earlier " the dominance of .com will at least be there for next 2-3 decades" until it dries up completely and as @NameClerk.com said that cowdungs can be the alternatives but never be the main source.

A 'main' source is one - otherwise it would not be named as 'main' source.
But of course there were always other huge energy sources.
It's all symbolic speak.
Cow dung is cow dung, .com is .com, oil is oil and .top is .top
We can write what we want, the market have his own rules and depends to the decisions of the big players. We will see what will happen.
There are common elements and there are top elements.
Oil has nothing to do with .com and cow dung has nothing to do with .top

•••
A main source is one - otherwise it would not be named as 'main'source.
But it's all symbolic speak.
We can write what we want, the market have his own rules and we will see what will happen.

Another long reply that could have been rephrased into one sentence.

The psychobabble runs high in NP.

•••
LOL!..I thought this thread was going to die after the first 10 reply's.:roll:

•••
A 'main' source is one - otherwise it would not be named as 'main' source.
But of course there were always other huge energy sources.
It's all symbolic speak.
We can write what we want, the market have his own rules and depends to the decisions of the big players. We will see what will happen.
Another long reply that could have been rephrased into one sentence.

The psychobabble runs high in NP.

Thanx for repeating my post.

•••
LOL!..I thought this thread was going to die after the first 10 reply's.:roll:

You also thought it had no merit. Most people are not even looking into it.

FYI: Allegrevita published an article about this long before Google re-organized under ABC.XYZ.

•••
You also thought it had no merit. Most people are not even looking into it.

FYI: Allegrevita published an article about this long before Google re-organized under ABC.XYZ.
It has no merit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back