Dynadot

China broker

NameSilo
Watch

Malin94

Established Member
Impact
So i listed my domain on China's market 4 dot cn and after a few hours i was contacted apparently by a broker. His fee is quite high, he asked me for 400$ in advance and he told me he would sell the domain at atleast 5k$. This showed up in my spam folder, the email i used for registration.
Any of you have experience in chineese markets? It sounds like big scam for me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam and sounds like a scam...

Definitely wouldn't send any money in advance of anything.

•••
It will be a scam if there is no justification without showing upfront to where your advertising is placed eg: Godaddy premium. They are not selling space just finding newbies that don't know better. The contact is it staff? If not then i wouldn't give money without knowing where advertising is placed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It will be a scam if there is no justification without showing upfront to where your advertising is placed eg: Godaddy premium. They are not selling space just finding newbies that don't know better. The contact is it staff? If not then i wouldn't give money without knowing where advertising is placed.
I won't give money ofc, asked if this could be real because i have a very asian marketable domain but indeed, never been in contact with brokers working for registrars

•••
Everyone works on result. You pay upfront for logos advertising space etc but you don't pay upfront for a result. Don't now fall for the appraisal scam which is coming.

•••
Everyone works on result. You pay upfront for logos advertising space etc but you don't pay upfront for a result. Don't now fall for the appraisal scam which is coming.
Indeed. No win, no fee

•••
Never worked with a broker, i know they have their fees but i guess not in advance, godaddy brokerage is like 55$ + some extra after they sell it. You won't reach 400$ in fees unless your domain sold at 10k

•••
Never worked with a broker, i know they have their fees but i guess not in advance, godaddy brokerage is like 55$ + some extra after they sell it. You won't reach 400$ in fees unless your domain sold at 10k
If a deal like that was real, he'd get the buyer to put the money into a reputable platform like Escrow.com, and any fees can be taken from the sale amount there. Pretty simple

https://www.escrow.com/what-is-escrow/how-it-works-broker

Last edited:
•••
If a deal like that was real, he'd get the seller to put the money into a reputable platform like Escrow.com, and any fees can be taken from the sale amount there.
Didn't believe him because he mentioned none of these, it's like you say to me: give me 400$ and i will sell your domain. They use different platforms, ways of payment etc.

•••
Didn't believe him because he mentioned none of these, it's like you say to me: give me 400$ and i will sell your domain. They use different platforms, ways of payment etc.
I would give you the $400...but I'd need to be with you in person, with the door locked, with a katana on my side of the table

Last edited:
•••
That's a scam, clear one. Why should he asked for an advanced payment before doing what he knows best to do?

•••
That's a scam, clear one. Why should he asked for an advanced payment before doing what he knows best to do?
We supposed to call them, not viceversa. Guess. He also had an email containing "name" in it, nothing to do with the site i use there

•••
godaddy brokerage is like 55$ + some extra after they sell it. You won't reach 400$ in fees unless your domain sold at 10k

Did you just make that up?

Godaddy broker fees are 20%, then (afaik) $5,001 and over is 15%. But, if you are contacted by a GD broker with a buyer's offer, the fees are on the buyer.

My advice, don't reply to scammy emails.

Last edited:
•••
Did you just make that up?

Godaddy broker fees are 20%, then (afaik) $5,001 and over is 15%.

My advice, don't reply to scammy emails.
Didn't reply anyway.
No i didn't, saw an add, 52 £ + fees for a broker, idk how's the reality, never used them

•••
There is a reason it landed in the Spam folder.

If he is so confident, let him market it and get his commission from you once its sold. Never go through Non reputed market places or Escrow to transfer the domain or receive the money.

But since this is a spam, he will only try to convince you more, again and again and if that happens, just block him.

•••
There is a reason it landed in the Spam folder.

If he is so confident, let him market it and get his commission from you once its sold. Never go through Non reputed market places or Escrow to transfer the domain or receive the money.

But since this is a spam, he will only try to convince you more, again and again and if that happens, just block him.
Maybe i would have had the deal going, if he didn't ask for the 400$ in advance and in a very unprofessional way lol

•••
Maybe i would have had the deal going, if he didn't ask for the 400$ in advance and in a very unprofessional way lol
Lol. And some years back fraudsters used to send screenshots and links to some fake reviews as well to show themselves a genuine buyer/seller. Not sure, if they are still following those old techniques.

•••
Lol. And some years back fraudsters used to send screenshots and links to some fake reviews as well to show themselves a genuine buyer/seller. Not sure, if they are still following those old techniques.
Sure they do, every niche has its scammers wanna be. This guy used google translate so definitely wasn't from the west

•••
it will be batter answer that you tell him
He will pay you 5000$ and after he will sell to his buyer by 10000$

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back