Domain Empire

Changed DNS from 2 days, but website keeps showing SEDO parked page!! Please Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a good traffic domain.

Initially I parked at SEDO, then I decided to put up a minisite and so I changed the DNS to a good free hosting service.

It took almost 2 days for the site to show up and few hours later now I see again the SEDO parking page while no one moved the DNS.

I don`t understand this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most likely due to your browser cache or ISP's DNS - I say this without having a look at the website because this is typically the most common issue. Test the site with a third party proxy service and see if it works there.

Otherwise, you can run ipconfig /flushdns in your Windows command prompt and make sure to clear your browser's cache.

Here's a link to flush other OS's DNS caches:
http://www.tech-faq.com/flush-dns.shtml

•••
CrazyTech said:
Most likely due to your browser cache or ISP's DNS - I say this without having a look at the website because this is typically the most common issue. Test the site with a third party proxy service and see if it works there.

Otherwise, you can run ipconfig /flushdns in your Windows command prompt and make sure to clear your browser's cache.

Here's a link to flush other OS's DNS caches:
http://www.tech-faq.com/flush-dns.shtml

Thank you, pretty smart idea, repped and let`s see if it works, I di dnot know that my ISP could be the issue.

edit: I just checked again now......and before to do anything, the site shows now.

It`s like hiccup

•••
Your ISP have nothing to do with that. Once you change DNS it might take up 72 hours. And depending on your ISP and your web hosting company's DC location it might take different ammounts of time to be shown again.

•••
~ServerPoint~ said:
Your ISP have nothing to do with that. Once you change DNS it might take up 72 hours. And depending on your ISP and your web hosting company's DC location it might take different ammounts of time to be shown again.

well, how come then I updated the site then I went to bed and then when I came back online it was showing again Sedo`s parking page? There were no DNS changes in between...

Thanks

•••
Cokies for sure in your browser. Try to clean them.

•••

Actually, I've had this occur once for me and several times for my clients where a website would appear to resolve and then revert back when visited later. I know for certain that at least one case that I can recall was not browser related, neither was my own case. I'm personally not exactly sure what causes it, but it does happen on the rare occasion it seems.

•••
What is the domain extension?

For me, TV and other like kind CCTLD's take 2-4 days to fully resolve, but I dont' consider it solid for 4 days because my ISP loves to cache things.

•••
go to your OS Network settings and change your primary dns server to the one of your hosting. This way the domain name will be resolved by the hosting company you will the correct ip right away. Or wait 3 days till it refreshes.
italiandragon said:
I have a good traffic domain.

Initially I parked at SEDO, then I decided to put up a minisite and so I changed the DNS to a good free hosting service.

It took almost 2 days for the site to show up and few hours later now I see again the SEDO parking page while no one moved the DNS.

I don`t understand this.

•••
When you have issues like this, it is always good to check the site with a proxy.
That will show you whether the issue is at your end or at the server end.

•••
I had the same problem. I put up a site on a domain that was parked and i check it that day and it was still the parked page so i went to bed. Went to work checked the site and even worked on it at work. Got home got on my comp and then went to the site and PARKED SEDO PAGE. I was pissed. I did everything from clearing cache to flushing my dns nothing seemed to work. I could use a proxy to check and edit the site but if i went directly to it on MY computer it would show the parked page. So i waited about 3 days and it had finally PROGNATED. It can take up to 72 hours and for some reason it takes that long when switching from a sedo parked page.

I think the issue is ip related.

•••
Tivo, could you please post here domain name you have problems with? I think that maybe your ISP problem, not IP related. And it might depends on relationships between ISP and web hosting provider?

•••
italiandragon said:
I don`t understand this...
Which registrar?
Godaddy tends to update very fast, and I'm not sure about the others.

•••
TheBulldog said:
What is the domain extension?

For me, TV and other like kind CCTLD's take 2-4 days to fully resolve, but I dont' consider it solid for 4 days because my ISP loves to cache things.

it was a .com

thanks

NewYorkBum said:
go to your OS Network settings and change your primary dns server to the one of your hosting. This way the domain name will be resolved by the hosting company you will the correct ip right away. Or wait 3 days till it refreshes.

Thank you, I`ll try that next time, since my ISP denied any responsability.

gemini181 said:
Which registrar?
Godaddy tends to update very fast, and I'm not sure about the others.

Moniker.

But DNS in the whois were changed immediately and showing the correct ones so that was not the case.

Thanks

Tivo said:
I had the same problem. I put up a site on a domain that was parked and i check it that day and it was still the parked page so i went to bed. Went to work checked the site and even worked on it at work. Got home got on my comp and then went to the site and PARKED SEDO PAGE. I was pissed. I did everything from clearing cache to flushing my dns nothing seemed to work. I could use a proxy to check and edit the site but if i went directly to it on MY computer it would show the parked page. So i waited about 3 days and it had finally PROGNATED. It can take up to 72 hours and for some reason it takes that long when switching from a sedo parked page.

I think the issue is ip related.

I have no idea what it was but it is sure the same issue. While I could see only the parked page, another person from another computer would see the right thing.

And with Sedo I also have routine problems in just seeing their website sometimes but again if I use a Proxy, no problem. My ISP adviced me to ask help to a computer technician.......and denied any responsability.

:bah:

:td:

•••
~ServerPoint~ said:
Tivo, could you please post here domain name you have problems with? I think that maybe your ISP problem, not IP related. And it might depends on relationships between ISP and web hosting provider?

Its not ISP related. I can still go through a proxy(which uses a different IP) and i can see the page. The page has resolved now but i frequent this problem when prognating off of sedos servers. Basically the only computer that goes back to the parked page is my computer unless i use a proxy or access it from a different computer. Im not an expert but from all of the trouble shooting i have done in this situation it has lead me to believe its an IP issue, but in all reality its not an issue because the site is just prognating. Also could be an issue with the host, idk though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back