IT.COM

Change in GoDaddy Auctions Support

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J Sokol

Top Member
Impact
It seems GoDaddy has eliminated phone support for their Auctions division. In my early months of domaining I spent a lot of time on the phone with GD representatives who helped me learn how to list domains, change name servers, and generally manage my domains. Now when I call the GoDaddy number with an auctions question, I am instructed to send an email. This seems surprising given that the Auctions membership is a paid one. Trying to resolve a problem by email can be time consuming and inefficient.

Does anyone know more about this change?

Thanks -

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been in the auctions in some way shape or form for the past decade and we never had a direct line. We have always had a direct email [email protected]. We have the general support floor take auctions calls and answer basic questions, anything else they can contact our team directly and get you an answer over the phone.

•••
Thank you @Joe Styler. I agree there has never been a direct line for GD auctions, but up until recently I was able to get help with auctions from the general support line. Now they just tell me they can't help me with auctions and instruct me to send an email.

•••
•••
•••
this is the most earliest GD auctions thread i could find

so i ask my question here:

If you're listing 7day auction. Is there a way to keep your nameservers at Undeveloped while still satisfying GD's txt records requirements?

It's just that to move the nameservers means the domain will no longer resolve.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back