IT.COM

GoDaddy unable to change invoice email address

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonathan MacDermid

Socially CorporateEstablished Member
Impact
Hi All,

I just finished speaking to Godaddy on the phone about a little issue I was having with a domain transfer.

While I was on to them I decided to mention another issue I spotted over the last week or so. Last week I smashed my iPhone screen and decided to guy the latest Huawei as a replacement since my wife was loving using hers so much (it's a great phone if anyone needs a new one).

Anyway, as I was no longer using an apple phone, I decided to change all my accounts from my icloud email address to my office 365 email address. What I thought was a simple and painless task.

However my latest godaddy purchases have continued to send invoices to the icloud email address. Not a major issue as I can still access it but I wondered why it was happening.

According to the Godaddy customer services rep, it is "problematic" if you lose access to an email address as once they register a new service to an email account, it will continue to use that even once I change my email settings in all the relevant areas of my account panel.

Basically it appears that if you lose access to an email address, Godaddy will still send stuff about your account to it. This is worrying as if you lose an email address it being compromised, whoever has access to it will still get details from Godaddy after you change to another email for security purposes.

Anyone else heard of this or have experience with it?

Thanks,

Jon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back