NameSilo

Certain # of posts before posting links?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamex

Established Member
Impact
7
I have noticed that there are many people who simply sign up here to post a few affiliate links hoping to make a few extra bucks on here and then they are never seen again. Just a suggestion, but what if there was a way to make it so you need a certain number of posts (5-10, nothing big) in order to post links? Not sure if this would stop them, they would probably find ways around it, but its just that I noticed that everyone who posts affiliate links only have 2 posts or whatever. Just a suggestion, feel free to shoot me down :)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
gamex said:
I have noticed that there are many people who simply sign up here to post a few affiliate links hoping to make a few extra bucks on here and then they are never seen again. Just a suggestion, but what if there was a way to make it so you need a certain number of posts (5-10, nothing big) in order to post links? Not sure if this would stop them, they would probably find ways around it, but its just that I noticed that everyone who posts affiliate links only have 2 posts or whatever. Just a suggestion, feel free to shoot me down :)

Not trying to 'shoot you down' because I think you have a good point, but I think making a person wait 5-10 posts (or whatever number) would only create a bigger problem. A spammer would think "okay, so I'll make X number of quick meaningless posts, then post my spam link". The board would get cluttered that much more.

Gene
 
0
•••
As far as I know and unless things have changed recently, Affiliate links arnt permitted anywhere @ NP.
 
0
•••
I dont believe they are allowed either, but that doesnt stop people from posting them. The posts need to be reported and then the mods remove them, but the posts could be up for quite a bit before being removed if no one reports it.

Gene, good point by the way. I didnt really think of it that way.
 
0
•••
I think both Joe and Gene have very good posts, but there are a massive amount of people who sign up, post there link and you don't see them again..
 
0
•••
Petter said:
I think both Joe and Gene have very good posts, but there are a massive amount of people who sign up, post there link and you don't see them again..

Thanks, that was the reason why I figured I would make this suggestion. Read about 5-6 of them yesterday and they were starting to get annoying.
 
0
•••
Its an issue for sure, but really NOT an easy one to solve.....!

I think the system in place now, is the best system we could possibly have to fight Affiliate Links....
 
0
•••
I think that's a good point Sabre. There aren't exactly many other ways to stop people from signing up and posting there links and one where they have to post before linking would end up with the board overflooding in spam :imho:
 
0
•••
Yeah, we should make it so that you can only post links when you have 5 posts.

Just like the system on WebhostingChat.com
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back