IT.COM

status-duplicate Am I being discriminated against? Not allowed to post in certain places

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
Namepros keeps threatening my account and posts.....

I've never been able to put my listings in certain places. I placed one last night in "make offer" section, and instead of anyone writing me telling me what I'm doing wrong, I instead get a message just staying I've broken rules and that I need to read some 30 pages of rules here plus rules at the top of the page I'm posting to....

Well there are no rules at the top of the page and from me quickly browsing, I don't see what I'm suppose to be doing here that I didn't do already, and on top of that, I'm not sure if this was an old category problem or a new category problem... surely they didn't just throw my post into a new category just to write me and tell me I'm breaking the rules because they put me there.

But then again I don't know... not one person has said what I'm doing wrong in this Make offer category...

I feel picked on because others get to post there yet they refuse to let me post my listings there without so much as giving me any reason.

I even see people bumping their posts multiple times a day with no upgrades..... If I bump my post even 1 second before 24 hours have passed, normally I get a message and the system refuses.... so to have my posts always moved and not be able to post anything like others are posting.... seems like more of a secret club where certain people do what they want, and you just discriminate against others.

People are bumping posts 5 times a day with normal account and I can't bump 1 second early, nor have I been able to post in "Make Offer" EVER..... seems like a secret club where certain people are treated good and certain people are treated bad, for no reason

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just feel like I'm discriminated against by whoever's running this site... and I know people who were connected to these people too, so feels like I'm personally just treated like crap for nothing and discriminated against

•••
I really don't think you are being discriminated on. Doesn't make sense, what do they gain by targeting you?

Suggest you create make offer thread correctly, per NP rules
https://www.namepros.com/threads/marketplace-faq.848731/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/#section-060000

At a minimum, sales thread must include
Registrar, Expiry date, Push or auth code, Payment options, for IDN punycode

If your sales thread matches other sales threads from other sellers, but it get's moved then you can ask mods why they moved it. If they cannot give explanation why they moved yours but left a separate sales thread matching yours, then you can say you are being discriminated against.

Rules apply to all members, if you see someone break them report them, MODs will deal with it. I do not believe MODs read all posts. Remember some actions are automatic, e.g. there is no MOD manually tracking how many times a member has bumped a thread.

I think this thread is similar to your other thread (duplicate content)
https://www.namepros.com/threads/po...ing-rules-of-what.1195966/page-2#post-7823091

Suggest you stop using a strong word like discrimination, when you have no proof. Don't want to be "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". If you have proof, please attach it.

Last edited:
•••
I just feel like I'm discriminated against by whoever's running this site... and I know people who were connected to these people too, so feels like I'm personally just treated like crap for nothing and discriminated against
Rest assured you are not being targeted.

I know its feel crappy to get admonished but dont let it bother you.

Before you know, you'll be totally comfortable.

Let's talk again in 2 weeks. :)

Best of luck domaining!

•••
Thanks guys, I'm just tired of having my posts moved. There are some details here I could work in more thoroughly for sure so thanks for that, it just gets old when for a long time now I'm just not allowed to post certain places without my posts being moved. I get you have Namepros only spots, but even when I use those I get moved, despite I'm selling on Namepros only.

Not like I come on here to do what I want. I've been trying to follow rules, but when you are trying to follow the rules and you get messages threatening your account over violations not specifically mentioned and instead are told to just read the rules again... I mean I'm trying to follow other posts, I'm trying to follow guidelines, but I'm being told to read guidelines at the top of the page... guidelines that just are not there.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back