IT.COM

Centralnic deleting *.gb.com *.ar.com and other domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This is a warning centralnic is deleting all domain names that were registered as from 30 April my own site hotel.kr,com is being deleted with the offer of some crappy domain name in an extension which I do not want. Thousands of people that registered domain names under these extensions are going to be hit. Please take note of this company which I am also going to report to icann as well as take legal action if they stop my website working.

CentralNic advises that from April 30, 2017 the following SLD domain extensions will be sunsetted, meaning that new registrations and renewals will not be permitted.

.AR.COM, .GB.COM, .HU.COM, .KR.COM, .QC.COM, .NO.COM, .SE.COM, AND .UY.COM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If true, that seems amazingly sh*tty behavior. Unfortunately it shows how precarious those sort of "domains" are.

My sympathies.

•••
Please take note of this company which I am also going to report to icann as well as take legal action if they stop my website working.
These are private subdomains, not real domain extensions. This is totally outside the scope of Icann policy.

•••
These are private subdomains, not real domain extensions. This is totally outside the scope of Icann policy.

Yes but they claim that they settle domain disputes with reference to icann policy.

•••
•••
Please note if you have websites using this extension

•••
Warning they will be deleting this weekend

•••
Let us see what chaos breaks out if they go ahead watch out May 1

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back