IT.COM

Catch Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay, I am looking for the best domain catching service to use when compared with price to quality of "catching".

Right now I am looking at Godaddy's catching service really intensely since they are cheap ctaches and they will beat out hand regs wont they?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have never used Godaddy before so I can't comment on their service but I will tell you that I have back-ordered several names using both SnapNames and Pool for the same name, and Pool almost always gets the name. Just my 2 cents ... good luck!

•••
Personaly I hate when company's snap names, Because it give's no chance for the small people to ever get there hand's on a quality domain name, When does it ever happen? It rarly happend's.. So it sucks.. I wish I could get my hand's on a quality three character .com but I can't because people snap them up so quick. Or a generic .com..

Well thats my opinion
Chris

•••
If you search this forum - I don't think you'll hear very much success on Godaddy lately - See people trying to get rid of their Credits as well ~

•••
I've regularly used namewinner and pool over the last year, and each has caught its share. Head to head, pool probably beats NW about 2 to 1. Club drop has improved it's success greatly in the last seveal months as well. I have been trying snapnames lately since they changed, and they do seem to be well in the running with some advantage on .net/com due to the new arrangement to be guaranteed drops from NSI. I tried godaddy a couple times, but have never liked the old snapname model of buying credits. You can sign up monthly, but then pay a fee whether you get a name or not. Most of the others are not successful enough to use seriously except as a backup when trying really hard for a name.

As to pricing, godaddy is about the only one left at fixed pricing except dropwizard.com which is at $120 each, so the end pricing is unknown until you know the competition. Pool is horrible now where you actually have to win two auctions to get a name if anyone else is bidding.

•••
I have been using Namewinner for years and it does look very good to me. But there can be times when it did not manage to snap a name. There's definite pros and cons to it. As for pool.com, I find it too expensive and also troublesome. I don't like to use it at all even though it is pretty much the best domain snapper.

•••
Darkfire001 said:
Right now I am looking at Godaddy's catching service really intensely since they are cheap ctaches and they will beat out hand regs wont they?

GoDaddy can't compete with Pool, Snapnames or ENOM ClubDrop, but they would beat hand regs

•••
Pool and enom are by far out front.

Nmaewinner and snapnames are a long way behind but pick up few nice drops now and again.

Look at the stats over the last week of who got what.

Godaddy just has 3 regitrars catching for them, pool have 50-60.

Enom is only $10 + reg fee unless more then one person wants it, goes to auction.

•••
Peace said:
GoDaddy can't compete with Pool, Snapnames or ENOM ClubDrop, but they would beat hand regs

This questionable, I have heard people say they have beaten GD BO service with scripts for enom reseller accounts.

•••
It's Pool, Enom, Snapnames and NW....for the uppercrust of the domain lot. GD has (from my experience) manged to scalp a few, the massive registrar base from the first mentionables makes it exceedingly rare to snag a half decent primer for 18.95 anymore.

•••
ftech said:
This questionable, I have heard people say they have beaten GD BO service with scripts for enom reseller accounts.

What scripts were they using?

•••
Christopher Menzimer said:
Personaly I hate when company's snap names, Because it give's no chance for the small people to ever get there hand's on a quality domain name, When does it ever happen? It rarly happend's.. So it sucks.. I wish I could get my hand's on a quality three character .com but I can't because people snap them up so quick. Or a generic .com..

Well thats my opinion
Chris
well it is a tough world

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back