Dynadot

news Castello Brothers Sell Rate.com for $725,000 After Broker Kate Buckley Finds the Perfect End User

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
In one of the five biggest domain sales reported so far in 2016, the Castello Brothers (Michael and David, founders of the Castello Brothers Internet Network) have sold Rate.com to online mortgage broker GuaranteedRate.com for $725,000. The sale will be added to our YTD Top 100 Sales Chart tomorrow evening when our latest weekly domain sales report comes out - most likely with Rate.com at the top of it). The deal was brokered by Kate Buckley, Principal/Founderat the Buckley Media Group.
We asked Ms. Buckley for more details on how she went about bringing Rate.com and Guaranteed Rate together. "For me, effective domain brokering is one part brand strategy, one part sleuthing and one part matchmaking. When I begin brokering a name, I start by identifying how end users would most intuitively use the name and then work from there. Most people, when they hear, Rate.com, immediately think mortgage rates, so I started there. I made a list of top national lenders who would benefit from acquiring a branding juggernaut like Rate.com and then started researching their current branding and growth strategy—that’s where the matchmaking comes in..."
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, I have bestpersonalloanrate.com, think I may up my asking price !? Lol

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back