IT.COM

sales Car.info Takes the Checkered Flag with Biggest Domain Sale Reported This Week

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales Report is out at DNJournal.com. It's not often that we see a .info domain on our weekly all extension Top 20 Sales Chart and almost unheard of to see one beat all comers, but that happened this week with Sedo ringing up the year’s 2nd biggest non .com gTLD sale to date. While the .coms did not get their customary penthouse suite this week they still flexed the most muscle overall, piling up 16 of the 21 chart entries. The ccTLDs, as always, were also in the mix with three charted sales. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2015/20150408.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Car.info $76,000. Wow this is a lot for a .info

•••
nice to see the .info getting some love

•••
Car.info sale was even greater than import.com sale :)
Great sale of .info domain name.
Most single word .info domains are only being sold for $x,xxx.

The seller should be very happy with this sale.
There is no doubt that an end user bought the domain name.

•••
Nice sale but not very surprising. Car is a strong keyword. Needs no introduction. A couple of .infos also made an outing on the list.

Does this mean anything for the .info market? I dont know but I hope so because I have a .info I really want to shift this year. And as it happens its very similar to car.info. Being Car+keyword its not anywhere as strong but hey it wouldnt win crap domain name of the year competition and i am not asking anywhere near 76k for it.

•••
I hope my .info domain will get the same price..

•••
Wow, can't believe it topped import.com

•••
2 words aren't doing good on sales.
Unpredictable.
There are many sales with one word x,xxx and some sales were at xx,xxx.

•••
This indeed shows having the right type of .info does in fact sell and for a nice amount of money. This is why I don't over look them when doing my searches but I make sure I keep a tight criteria on them for sure.

After that said 76k is huge for a .info even some of the most awesome .com one don't go for that much.

- Will

•••
•••
•••
Is this good news for the 3 letter .info sales? I've 2 .infos which both have great search volume on google for the names. I hope it boosts the price up a bit.
Could we see a hunt for 3 letter .infos like we have seen for the 3 letter .coms?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back