IT.COM

discuss Can We Protest a Sold Name Underpriced by Mistake?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reyginus

Established Member
Impact
While scrolling through some of my names on a marketplace I noticed I underpriced one of them with respect to the price on other places I listed it.

I was wondering, what if it was paid for before I noticed, any hope?

Say a name was listed at a lander for 15k but while trying to list on other places for 18k, you mistakenly put 1800 BIN, making you lose about 16.2k when it was acquired.

What can be done about that? I'm been careful now but what if it happens? Has it happened to anyone here? I doubt there is any way out though but I would like to read experienced/other opinions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what a good problem to have
never happened to me but maybe because i don't have any names that are worth that much :D

•••
My guess is you'd have no recourse. If it wasn't listed with some sort of fast transfer scheme you could just not transfer the name and suffer whatever punishment the marketplace handed you but if it was listed with a fast transfer you'd probably end up kissing the name goodbye.

•••
no when automation sets in and you had the chance to set it before the buyer clicks the buy it now button, not much recourse, like said above. Maybe make all your domains offers only. Might help with that worry. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
•••
Not much you can do. I believe if you list a name for sale for a price and it sells, you honor the sale. Put yourself in the buyers shoes, would you be happy if someone did that to you. Your reputation is everything in this business.

Last edited:
•••
--Hi

what if it sold for $18,000, but you meant to list for only $1,800?

would you give 16K back to buyer?

imo.....

•••
No way, you have to bear the consequences if you make a mistake, so be careful when you fill in the price

•••
You can default on delivery, likely at the expense of losing access to the marketplace and the buyer likely won't return at a higher price. Very few individuals do this though, even at liquidation our delivery rate is above 99% because it is voluntary.

•••
I use rule #1 and it works all the time.

#1. Spend 7 seconds to check on email, text or anything before clicking "Send".

You have 24 hours a day. There is no need to be hurry.

•••
While scrolling through some of my names on a marketplace I noticed I underpriced one of them with respect to the price on other places I listed it.

Say a name was listed at a lander for 15k but while trying to list on other places for 18k, you mistakenly put 1800 BIN, making you lose about 16.2k when it was acquired.

What can be done about that? I'm been careful now but what if it happens? Has it happened to anyone here? I doubt there is any way out though but I would like to read experienced/other opinions.
If you make a mistake and the domain is mispriced by that much ,I say screw em do you know how many times godaddy pulled that crap on me ,and they said they WIll punish the seller ,bull S ,dont make @ habit of it though and if it fast transferred already say good buy ,,,,unless your godaddy and they messed up on their portfolio get it the hell out of there ,they will steal it back... good luck

Last edited:
•••

The short answer is No

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back