NameSilo

Can I sue Register.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I renewed my info domains by the phone and it took more then 30 minutes for just a few domains.It was about 25 days after expiration date and Register.com have 30 days grace period.After 30 days of grace period I checked my domains and they had pending delete status.Now, I can get these domains for $50 each.What can I do???The problem is, I renewed them by the phone so I don't have any evidence I did it.
How much time do I have before they drop.Five days after 30 days grace period?
I have a NameBargain.com (part of Register.com) account which advertise renewal price of $9.99 for .info but you can not get this online, only by phone!!!Online price is $31.
Thanks a lot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
polo said:
Hi,
I renewed my info domains by the phone and it took more then 30 minutes for just a few domains.It was about 25 days after expiration date and Register.com have 30 days grace period.After 30 days of grace period I checked my domains and they had pending delete status.Now, I can get these domains for $50 each.What can I do???The problem is, I renewed them by the phone so I don't have any evidence I did it.
How much time do I have before they drop.Five days after 30 days grace period?
I have a NameBargain.com (part of Register.com) account which advertise renewal price of $9.99 for .info but you can not get this online, only by phone!!!Online price is $31.
Thanks a lot
I don't think you could because you could have transfered or renewed the domains months in advance.

•••
Questions:

1. Did the person you talk to provide any order confirmation of any sort?

2. Did the person you talk to say you'd get any email confirmation whatsoever?

3. Did you get any email confirmation of your order?

•••
paid by credit card right? check your statement or call them to get a print out.

•••
Right, you should have some record depending how you paid, I don't think you can sue R but you can kick yourself in the butt for chosing them as your Registrar of choice...

Mike

•••
No, I didn't get any confirmation of my order, and my credit card is not charged.They simply didn't renew my domains.

•••
Just wait untill they drop and register them as fast as you can with another registrant...but you gotta be quick. (Or pay the $50)

•••
jopros said:
yes , you can!

If you mean sue register.com, you might want to check their Terms of Service
or Service Agreement first.

•••
1. if you paid by CC or check, you should have some sort of proof from the bank.

2. Phone bill

3. You can sue them, but good luck - they have no quibb about spending legal $$$ and they know you won't so they'll entertain you. Trust me, it ain't worth the trouble unless you have proof of payment and a name at least.

But you would expect this kind of arrogant behavior from them.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back