Dynadot

question I purchased a domain name in Namesilo for $2,500 and I am still waiting to get it. Any advice?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nodoxy

Established Member
Impact
Has anyone have a bad experience purchasing domain names at Namesilo's marketplace? I purchased one for $2,500 USD five days ago. I asked through their online chat how long after the purchase would I have access to the domain and they said 10 minutes. It's been 5 days and they don't even respond to my emails or answer my calls. The only way to contact them is through their online chat and the only thing they say that this case has been escalated and I will be contacted soon.

I am not quite sure what's going on, my credit card has been charged already and at this point and after several emails with no response, I am not sure if I should keep waiting or if I should open a dispute with bank in order to get a refund.

This lack of transparency and poor communication is changing my perception of Namesilo. Has anyone gone through this kind of experience with them? Any advice will be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Call your credit card company and do a charge back since @namesilo won't respond.

•••
I haven't encountered any issues with purchases on Namesilo.
Before purchasing domains from non-registrar platforms; determine where the domain is registered.

If the domain you purchased from Namesilo is registered at Namesilo you will likely be good.

But if the domain is registered somewhere else, sometimes this is an indicator the domain has been sold elsewhere.

Good luck.

•••
Has anyone have a bad experience purchasing domain names at Namesilo's marketplace? I purchased one for $2,500 USD five days ago. I asked through their online chat how long after the purchase would I have access to the domain and they said 10 minutes. It's been 5 days and they don't even respond to my emails or answer my calls. The only way to contact them is through their online chat and the only thing they say that this case has been escalated and I will be contacted soon.

I am not quite sure what's going on, my credit card has been charged already and at this point and after several emails with no response, I am not sure if I should keep waiting or if I should open a dispute with bank in order to get a refund.

This lack of transparency and poor communication is changing my perception of Namesilo. Has anyone gone through this kind of experience with them? Any advice will be appreciated.

Apologies for the lack of communication on our side pertaining to this matter. We have DMed you to understand the exact details and we'll get this sorted out asap.

Please do not do a chargeback as that will create a lot more difficulties resolving this matter and relating to your account going forward.

•••
Thanks to everyone who has participated in this post. I did receive a direct message from Namesilo following up my case, however I am still waiting for either, get the domain I purchased several days ago or get a full refund of what I paid for. I am not quite sure what is going or why this whole experience has been so bad, but I will update this post once I get more information in a few more days.

•••
Sorry about your experience.

Where is the domain name registered?

•••
Its probably no comfort but its not NameSilo’s business to hold up a sale. They want to make money. The issue is likely on the seller end If the name is not at NameSilo anymore.

Did you check the whois on the domain?

•••
•••
The domain is registered with @namesilo and the person behind the online chat support said it would take about 10 minutes to show up in my control panel when I asked right before I made the purchase. Anyway, I hope the guys at Namesilo manage to sort this out soon. Thanks again everyone for your advice.

•••
I had it happen and take about 10 days before for a domain to hit account. You may have had the same thing happen to you as did to me. The delay with my domain was they were moving it from another register to namesilo where I bought it, and they had to wait for 60-day lock to expire so they could move my purchase to namesilo. I found it interesting that namesilo domains bought are not always at namesilo.

•••
Not a good idea. I will talk to NameSilo first.
It's been 5 days and they don't even respond to my emails or answer my calls. The only way to contact them is through their online chat and the only thing they say that this case has been escalated and I will be contacted soon.
I only suggested charge back because NameSilo didn't respond to their customer for 5 days. A chargeback should only be considered as a final recourse for resolving a purchase issue when all other customer service avenues have been exhausted.

Last edited:
•••
I only suggested charge back because NameSilo didn't respond to their customer for 5 days. A chargeback should only be considered as a final recourse for resolving a purchase issue when all other customer service avenues have been exhausted.
IMO 5 days is a short period of time I've waited 14 days on godaddy to get domains, and up to 10 days on namesilo so I wouldn't worry after less than a week has passed. The main thing though is you should get support to answer your questions and maybe email instead of chat at least IMO.

•••
The domain is registered with @namesilo and the person behind the online chat support said it would take about 10 minutes to show up in my control panel when I asked right before I made the purchase. Anyway, I hope the guys at Namesilo manage to sort this out soon. Thanks again everyone for your advice.
The domain at namesilo should have been faster then. Usually, a long wait is when it needs to be moved-out of a register and lock has to expire then hit namesilo. If at namesilo I would think like 7 to 10 days to get it.

•••
imo there are 3 possibilities:

1) *most likely* Domain is regged with namesilo, but not listed on their marketplace. The seller listed it with fast transfer either on Sedo or Afternic. Namesilo sold it as sedo/afternic partner, promptly received authcode, but their system naturally could not perform registrar transfer from namesilo to namesilo. Yeah an exotic scenario, but I saw it in real life once (I was the seller).

2) payment issue - $2500 payment was flagged for manual review.

3) domain was offered via sedo or afternic, but the seller is either unresponsive or no more owns it or never owned it.

•••
A quick update. I finally got the domain in my Namesilo account. Thanks to everyone who participated in this post!

•••
imo there are 3 possibilities:

1) *most likely* Domain is regged with namesilo, but not listed on their marketplace. The seller listed it with fast transfer either on Sedo or Afternic. Namesilo sold it as sedo/afternic partner, promptly received authcode, but their system naturally could not perform registrar transfer from namesilo to namesilo. Yeah an exotic scenario, but I saw it in real life once (I was the seller).

2) payment issue - $2500 payment was flagged for manual review.

3) domain was offered via sedo or afternic, but the seller is either unresponsive or no more owns it or never owned it.
I have seen the first option often. But never took me long
But sometimes some issues happen. I think the problem was communication

Even if they could't figure out, they should ahve communicated well

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back