IT.COM

question Can I sell at many marketplaces?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
All my non-developed names are currently listed for sale at one marketplace. Many Namepros have their names listed at many marketplaces. But nameservers can only point to one website. What am I missing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An example would help, but not all marketplaces require any dns changes.

•••
List on many marketplaces as possible. There is nothing wrong in doing this, it only gives your domain names more exposure. But you can only point your nameserver to one.

I will advise you list on epik, afternic, efty, alter, Squadhelp and Dan.

Point your nameservers to Dan.

Epik lander is also good.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your help guys. I'm learning a great deal on Namepros. @Tunababa8v Why should I point my nameservers to Dan?

•••
•••
All my non-developed names are currently listed for sale at one marketplace. Many Namepros have their names listed at many marketplaces. But nameservers can only point to one website. What am I missing?

The marketplace you point to (with NS records, A records, or redirects) is called your "lander". Generally, you can only choose one lander for a domain, but you can do round-robin or geolocation tricks.

At the same time, you can (passively) list your domains on all marketplaces that do not require you to point DNS to them exclusively. Be aware that you may not be able to deliver when a domain sells on several marketplaces at the same time. You can solve this by putting a BIN on just one marketplace and Make Offer on all others.

Your domain lander will most of the time result in the most sales if all variables in your marketing mix are correct, but Afternic is very strong even while you're not actively pointing to them for the lander.

Some marketplaces like Afternic and Sedo have extensive partner registrar networks, where your domain is presented in the registration path of participating registrars. They get part of the commission when a domain gets sold, and you as a seller can opt-in for 'fast transfer' which makes it easier for buyer and seller to do the transaction.

Last edited:
•••
@Future Sensors "You can solve this by putting a BIN on just one marketplace and Make Offer on all others" Great advice.

•••
Thanks for your help guys. I'm learning a great deal on Namepros. @Tunababa8v Why should I point my nameservers to Dan?
Sleak interface;
Options to set up a make offer or buy it now or both;
Ability to implement Google analytics to monitor traffic on your domain;
Lesser commission on sold names;
And they mostly have account with a lot of registrar which makes it easier to push names within 60 days lock and get paid instead of waiting for the lock to be over.

But you have to test those landers for yourself to see what works best for you. Epik or afternic could work better for you.

•••
Is there a poll (perhaps by @Bob Hawkes) that shows the preferred place most Namepros point their nameserver to? I'm not sure whether to choose Dan, Afternic or something else?

•••
Is there a poll (perhaps by @Bob Hawkes) that shows the preferred place most Namepros point their nameserver to? I'm not sure whether to choose Dan, Afternic or something else?

All have their advantages and disadvantages. It takes some time to test them and adjust things, and I would advise to do just that. What the majority is doing is not always good advice for your situation.

•••
In my experience, don't waste your time listing on Dan unless you are using their landers, your domains won't get any views, as in none whatsoever !

•••
careful not to auction off a name at dropcatch and have it for BIN elsewhere if the name is bought elsewhere and auction ended at dropcatch namebright will automatically take the domain even if it is in the new owner account needless to say not a situation you want to be in :)

•••
An example would help, but not all marketplaces require any dns changes.

I'm using DAN or Uniregistry for the landing page

sedo and afternic just need to enable fast transfer

except brandable marketplace like alter, brandpa, brandbucket, you have to sell it as exclusive

Last edited:
•••
Alter and Squadhelp need exclusive Nameservers pointing to them. If you have listed on Sedo and/or Dan and when you list on Alter, automatically your listing on Sedo and Dan gets deleted as they are the partner marketplace with Alter. So when you search for your domains on Dan, Sedo, Epik.....the results show your domains listed. Is this option viable ?

•••
What the majority is doing is not always good advice for your situation.

Hi

totally agree

unless you' want to be part of the monkey see, monkey do, generation.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back