IT.COM

advice Can I Imagine a Business Using The Domain Name?

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When I am evaluating a domain name to purchase, one of the most important questions I ask myself is this: Can I imagine a business using this domain name? It seems like a pretty elementary question, but I think it is important to ask. When I deploy capital on a domain investment, I want to be sure the domain name will be desired by someone and that it will then become a matter of price for a prospective buyer...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awful advice. Forget business names. Every loser in Namepros
is registering awful business domain names that they will never
unload to anybody.

Find a domain name that you like. A name that is inexpensive.
A name that inspires you
Then design a web site for that domain name.

I recently registered nightcore dot us. $1.99 for the first year at
Godaddy. Do you know how domainers missed out on nightcore dot us?
They were busy registering kansascityhotelrooms123.com

http://www.nightcore.us/

•••
•••
Awful advice. Forget business names. Every loser in Namepros
is registering awful business domain names that they will never
unload to anybody.

Find a domain name that you like. A name that is inexpensive.
A name that inspires you
Then design a web site for that domain name.

I recently registered nightcore dot us. $1.99 for the first year at
Godaddy. Do you know how domainers missed out on nightcore dot us?
They were busy registering kansascityhotelrooms123.com

http://www.nightcore.us/

I'm guessing you mostly own .us domains? :xf.wink:

•••
•••
definetly your business becomes popular by the name you keep your business name like i kept my software and script business product domain name to be gyaro and its url is www.gyaro.net so my product becomes popular from my domain name only and its services.

•••
So I reading the thread and I find myself going to nightcore.us....

Here we have some anime characters and music videos with the images of these characters as background to the music. I am not sure how you can monetize this or how someone signs up for it but hey I do agree with developing a site if that is what you want to do.

When it comes to buying and selling names there are a lot of factors to look at that make the name valuable. The advice here is valuable because businesses who find a name beneficial or essential to their current business will invest in a name.

- Will

•••
I agree it's it's important to put yourself in the buyers shoes and ask yourself "would I buy this domain" and how can I moneytize it. Does the name have a service or product, check social media to see if it is popular there are many factors

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back