IT.COM

question Can Afternic help buy a domain registered at GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pathfinderbeacon

Established Member
Impact
I want to buy a domain that's registered on Godaddy. But I don't want to pay nodaddy $120 just so they can contact the owner. I see that Afternic charges "only" $69 to do what seems like the same thing. I'm ready to pay, but just want to be sure that Afternic can indeed contact the owner of the domain and submit my offer.

I tried contacting the owner through nodaddy's whois page for "research or other purposes" link, but I've never heard back from anyone using that method. So, it seems that I will have to pay either way just to contact the owner which is a damn shame.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I suggest using Domain Agents.

•••
I suggest using Domain Agents.

Wow $20 is way better, but do they have the ability to actually contact the godaddy domain owner? I'm sorry if that is a dumb question.

•••
I've never used them as a buyer, but I think they should be able to access the owner.

You can always ask them first.

•••
Wow $20 is way better, but do they have the ability to actually contact the godaddy domain owner? I'm sorry if that is a dumb question.

All of them can try. But they cannot force them to answer.

•••
I want to buy a domain that's registered on Godaddy. But I don't want to pay nodaddy $120 just so they can contact the owner. I see that Afternic charges "only" $69 to do what seems like the same thing. I'm ready to pay, but just want to be sure that Afternic can indeed contact the owner of the domain and submit my offer.

I tried contacting the owner through nodaddy's whois page for "research or other purposes" link, but I've never heard back from anyone using that method. So, it seems that I will have to pay either way just to contact the owner which is a damn shame.
-
you could try to make contact with the owner here on np. if you make a domain request someone here might own it or know who does. you will have to put the domain name in the request but that shouldn't be a problem. it has been tried before.

•••
provide us with the domain :d we might be able to help

•••
-
you could try to make contact with the owner here on np. if you make a domain request someone here might own it or know who does. you will have to put the domain name in the request but that shouldn't be a problem. it has been tried before.

Even better! Which exact location should I post in?

•••
•••
•••
provide us with the domain :d we might be able to help

Do people really post the domains they're trying to buy? My fear is that someone else (who has a higher budget) will buy before me and then I'm left with nothing lol!

•••
•••
•••
•••
btw i pinky promise not to contact the owner if you pm me the name
i will try to do some digging to find the owner for you :D

•••

Are you aware that the company you are Nodaddy actually owns the other company you mention? There are cheaper options and you can enquire about them...like Domain Agents. They always contact me in regards to someone wanting a name I have.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back