Domain Empire

CamRoulette.com sells for $151,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$1,400 and $151,000 is a life changing difference!!! If i were you, this incident will definitely haunt me for the rest of my life...I'm not sure how you guys can be so optimistic about this catastrophic mistake? IMO honestly there's no winner in this incident, just a loser that sold the domain for $1,400...blame it on the lack of experience and the urge for money.

•••
Answer: His ROI.

$1,400 and $151,000 is a life changing difference!!! If i were you, this incident will definitely haunt me for the rest of my life...I'm not sure how you guys can be so optimistic about this catastrophic mistake? IMO honestly there's no winner in this incident, just a loser that sold the domain for $1,400...blame it on the lack of experience and the urge for money.

•••

ROI

- Hypen: 7,50 $ / 1400 $ = 18500 %
- Adam: 1400 $ / 151000 $ = 10600 %
:imho:

so first sale have much better ROI ...

BTW. I have some domains that i would sell you for 1400$ ... so you can make 150000$ . You are ready to invest 1400$ ?:lol:

•••
CamRoulette.com was a fluke sale for $150,000. There is no way anyone could have predicted that.

Brad

•••
another interesting (at least to me) tidbit is that camroulette was a fresh reg end of '09, right before this whole lawsuit drama/huge sale, but webcamroulette(dot)com has been registered since 2006!

•••
Hyphen did good for having the insight to register it. If he can do it again and multiply it he can make a lot. Congrats on the insight. Not everyone has it in the industry. It makes him stand out from all of us.

The percent % calculation comparision across the 2 ROI is just not really fair because percentage are meant to be used in comparision across the board, meaning hundreds or even thousands of sampling that are in the same brackage type. A sale of $1,400 and $151,000 is definitely not of equivalent comparision.

•••
That is very true and yes, he lost out on a load of cash. But he STILL hand-regged a domain and sold it not long after for over $1,000. Of the 150,000+ users here at NP, there might not be 100 who had ever accomplished this feat. So it's still good albeit a heart-breaker, all the same.

A sale of $1,400 and $151,000 is definitely not of equivalent comparision.

•••
I do think the camroulette sale was a freak occurrence although I've seen a good few 'roulette' domains go for 5k+

I registered f**kroulette.com at the beginning of the year and have had 8 people email me with offers. A few were below $500 a few were between $1000-$3000 and one was above $15k (Wont say exact amount as it's currently listed on sedo) So I'd say there's definitely value in jumping on the roulette wagon.

My question is when do you guys think the 'roulette' rush so to speak will start to fizzle out? Don't know the domain market desperately well but what do you think the chances are of another occurrence like camroulette?

And for those who want to keep an eye on the sale of f**kroulette.com :

The domain is available for purchase*-*Sedo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I'll be frank with you -- trends come and go. If you can get a 5-figure offer for your domain, TAKE IT WITHOUT HESITATION. The whole roulette thing is a fad and will someday soon walk the way of the dinosaur. Capitalize now while you can, take my word for it.

•••
Think your right.

Wont risk posting a link as it's to another forum and it would seem I've already broken a rule by not listing my domain in the 'adult' section which I dont seem to be able to find.

But I just read a post released yesterday claiming webcamroulette.com sold for $47,000 recently at the Moniker/igaming auction.

I'd consider that another 'occurrence' !

Last edited:
•••
Just to be safe, I turned that pesky 4-letter word into f**k.

The thing is, if something gets into vogue, it's beaten and abused until the vogue ebbs away. The "360" thing is long gone (although some still use it, domain360.com isn't seen much). There will likely be many roulette sales at inflated, unrealistic prices and it's pretty much thanks to the camroulette.com sale and a few similar. It'll boil down and become obsolete. Only a few suffixed terms ever stuck, like the tube domains but that's because of the popular youtube.com. Even if this domain of yours could fetch higher later down the road, I wouldn't gamble it.

Last edited:
•••
Well, nice sale for f**kroulette for $2650

Last edited:
•••
Well, nice sale for f**kroulette for $2650

I just reg VirtualSexRoulette and WebCamGirlsRoulette..

Thanks!

Happy with the sale as it was my first attempt at selling domain, just wish I had listed it 4/5 months ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back