IT.COM

discuss .CA Trustee Service Needed (Any Available?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Name Pros,

I am having difficulty finding a trustee service for .CA domain names. Any experience / recommendations? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's difficoult (impossible) to find a trustee service for .ca domain names because CIRA does not allow the use of trustee service.

•••
A lot of marketing companies do it though, likely through a loophole.

•••
A lot of marketing companies do it though, likely through a loophole.
loophole? what type of loophole? Maybe there is a loophole that doens't break cira policy. By the way using a trustee may lead to the deletion of the domain name.

•••
One thought is that these marketing companies don't make any effort to lease the domains, and simply forward/redirect them down to the appropriate .COM URL.

I do that with some of my .CA's and I think according to ICANN you must be able to forward and redirect.

•••
Well, then I guess I wont pour money into .CA domains and generates millions in eCommerce sales for Canada ...

Very upsetting.

•••
I know, and there really should be a way for a business entity that sells or does business with Canada, to buy .CA domains. I don't think it should be wide open like .CO or .TV, but more like .US, which allows this exception.

•••
Well, then I guess I wont pour money into .CA domains and generates millions in eCommerce sales for Canada ...

Very upsetting.

Easy way to do business in Canada without a .ca

Example One: ca.YourDomain.com

Example Two: YourDomain.com/ca

Those are two ways of doing it that rate high in google seo and it is universally understood for a world company to do business in another country with the ca representing a local store doing business in a local currency.

Example: apple.com/ca
Here you can see it in actual use.

•••
Sure, but it's a lot easier when a customer can just type in something like Dell.ca like I always do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back