IT.COM

domains Ca.sh: Biggest domain hack sale of all time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainHacks

Established Member
Impact
Source: DomainGang.com

Domain hacks form a word or a phrase by combining the keyword and the TLD, all while ignoring the dot.

Such “hacks” – the original word for tricks or workarounds – often involve ccTLDs, top level domains of countries. For example, EmDa.sh is our choice of a useful domain hack for “em dash.”

We received a report that the ultra short domain Ca.sh has been sold by its holding company, Divido, to an investor. The amount quoted was $200,000 dollars, making it the largest reported domain hack sale of all time per NameBio.

The web site at Ca.sh still displays the “for sale” lander as of today.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Impressive for a hack. Congrats to the seller n buyer. :)

•••
.... and to think that so many on here reckon domain hacks are worthless, having previously offered the domain 'Fig.ht' on here I know! :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
.... and to think that so many on here reckon domain hacks are worthless, having previously offered the domain 'Fig.ht' on here I know! :xf.rolleyes:
They have to be really good to be worth something. I'd argue that ca.sh is quite good but still awkward.

Some are just down right rubbi.sh.

Imho

Last edited:
•••
awkward is the new cool

instagr.am musical.ly ta.co b.tc hu.ma.ne etc. etc.

•••
Nice sale. I have Antivir.us

•••
Cash has a limited life span, contactless payment will become the norm, .
Personally I would no longer invest big into any domain with the word cash in it.

Same goes for charge cards, that will move to phones, watches, and other types of electronic wear.

So if I was spending big bucks on a domain I would personally pick something else.

Last edited:
•••
200k for ca.sh? such a great name. cheap!
I have Pay-day.Loan

•••
Personally I would no longer invest big into any domain with the word cash in it.

Same goes for charge cards, that will move to phones, watches, and other types of electronic wear.

So if I was spending big bucks on a domain I would personally pick something else.

Cash App! “Contactless cash”

Last edited:
•••

One of the most successful payment apps is called Cash.app.

Digital or not it cash is still cash.

•••
Last edited:
•••
was wondering about b.tc which just changed hands..

•••
was wondering about b.tc which just changed hands..
It has been a few years already since BTC Inc. bought it (they also own po.et).

•••
One of the most successful payment apps is called Cash.app.

Digital or not it cash is still cash.

Nope, I disagree, cash as we know it will be just a history lesson for your kids, kids.
Governments want their taxes, the only way to eliminate the underground economy is to eliminate cash.

In the future it will be a payment of some sorts, cash will never be again, the term will be obsolete.

Last edited:
•••
Nice sale maybe ambitio.us is next ;)

•••
Nice sale for a domain hack :) we own cred.it

•••
•••
How much is the real transaction price?

•••
Good hack. But, I think it's not easy to know where the dot applies

Last edited:
•••
.... and to think that so many on here reckon domain hacks are worthless

Opinions vary. One thing is sure: caution is necessary. Some TLDs are owned by unstable countries.
.sh is part of United Kingdom. I would consider it rather safe.
.ht is Haiti, unstable country with high level of corruption.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back