Unstoppable Domains .crypto

"By holding these great domain names, you are stifling innovation!”

Located in Reviews started by equity78, Dec 6, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Kevin Ham once dubbed “The man who owns the Internet” in a 2007 Business 2.0 article was told he was stifling innovation by one of the people who invented the Internet. Ham writes in a blog post on Venture.com that he was excited to meet Sir Tim Berners-Lee in Vancouver at a TED conference. Filled […]

Continue Reading

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. sharastar

sharastar Established Member

Well said by Kevin Ham.I too Love the Idea of Leasing Domains till the Startup have the necessary capital to Buy the Domains for it's Good Price.What about you @equity78 on Domain Leasing to Buy Method?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  3. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't know that I love Kevin's model for the startup, if you go with the cheapest route you need to place their name in the footer.

4. Not a robot

Not a robot Established Member

Interesting idea.

Leasing a domain is not the same as leasing an office. When you lease an office, you can move anytime and just set up mail forwarding. When you lease a domain, you are actually leasing a “name”, the one thing that you should absolutely own.

The solution was probably novel when it started. But now financing is becoming a standard feature on many platform. For business, financing is probably better than perpetual leasing.

5. DaveTw

DaveTw New Member

Do you think that development of the other gTLDs would be as dynamic, as it is recently, if dotcoms were cheap?
    I don't say it is for sure - but it is possible that high value of certain domains increased the innovation.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice