Dynadot

discuss Buyer dropped the domain name I sold!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
A couple of years ago, I sold a domain name to an end user buyer for mid 4 figures. Last year, I saw the domain name expire and it was headed to auction. I reached out to the buyer and my contacts at the registrar, and the domain name was renewed a day before it would have gone to auction. Unfortunately, this happened again and because the buyer was out of the country, the domain name could not be renewed in time.

During the auction, I worked with the buyer and won. I re-sold the domain name to the buyer for the exact price of the auction. I confirmed that the domain name is now set to auto-renew, and the buyer has an active credit card on file. I didn’t have to work with the buyer to win the domain name back, but I felt it was the right thing to do and my effort was appreciated.

Interesting read

What would you do in such a situation?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adam Dicker said he's resold the same domain back to same buyer multiple times.

Imo your time is worth money. Why resell for no profit?

•••
I think sometimes building that relationship with a person is also important, you never know when he may want or need another domain for a project and he will come to your first maybe.

•••
A couple of years ago, I sold a domain name to an end user buyer for mid 4 figures. Last year, I saw the domain name expire and it was headed to auction. I reached out to the buyer and my contacts at the registrar, and the domain name was renewed a day before it would have gone to auction. Unfortunately, this happened again and because the buyer was out of the country, the domain name could not be renewed in time.

During the auction, I worked with the buyer and won. I re-sold the domain name to the buyer for the exact price of the auction. I confirmed that the domain name is now set to auto-renew, and the buyer has an active credit card on file. I didn’t have to work with the buyer to win the domain name back, but I felt it was the right thing to do and my effort was appreciated.

Interesting read

What would you do in such a situation?

Karma will repay u

•••
There are still good people around :)

•••
Adam Dicker said he's resold the same domain back to same buyer multiple times.

Imo your time is worth money. Why resell for no profit?
His name says it all lol.

•••
Your buyer is a lucky guy! :xf.grin:
Kudos to you!(y)

•••
@Arpit131 I appreciate this, we need Ethics in domaining :)
Good Job!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I normally do not actively track domains I sold, however it is not uncommon for buyers to drop their purchases. I have a domain that I've sold three times to three different buyers, each buyer dropped it after some years. I simply noticed it as an acquisition candidate doing daily filtering of pendingdelete lists, and backordered it. And, it is now in my portfolio again waiting for the 4th buyer. I had to do more serious bidding to get it in auction last time though...

•••
Thank you guys. It's not me who did this.
It was Elliot Silver. I read the article and found it very very interesting. So, shared it.

A loud shout out and cheers to Elliot Silver since this is something not everyone would do!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back