Dynadot

poll Buy now, make offer or price upon request?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

More sales with

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • BIN

• Make offer

• Price upon request

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BrandCollectors.com

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BIN, can we please be Transparent? :banghead:

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I think it varies on what the domain is worth. Domains in tha 2-5k sweet spot from what I have heard seem to do best with a BIN and Higher tier names your probably want to do make offer on.

•••
I have BIN set on all the mid-tier names and some of them sell just like that, but most sell after some negotiations. However, BIN helps to kickstart these negotiations, as the buyer knows what to expect, and the final price is usually much closer to BIN than to the buyer's first offer.

For names w/o BIN, you need to have a buyer specifically looking at your name, others may just disregard your "make offer" lander if they are looking through a pool of similar domains and comparing prices.

•••
•••
I would prefer make offer. Bill Gates might see my low BIN and assume it a cheap one to acquire 🙃 or the ones who don't hit the like button below this comment might think it's over priced 😀

•••
I usually use BIN , especially for Afternic listing, combine BIN and make offer on DAN

•••
the question as far as I understand it
( please OP make it more obvious )

what kind of situation had made you more sales
-not what you would like to think-

BIN/Make Offer/Price on request

the next best question is
what was more profitable

•••
the question as far as I understand it
( please OP make it more obvious )

what kind of situation had made you more sales
-not what you would like to think-

BIN/Make Offer/Price on request

what was more profitable

Depends on the name. For the Booths selling; Let.com and saw sold Blunt.com on namepros via “make offer” you dont need limit with “BIN” for the bonafide six to seven figure names.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Interesting 23 votes so far and none have selected Price Upon Request

•••
Interesting 23 votes so far and none have selected Price Upon Request
i probably should to vote for PUR cuz I can't see the results

•••
People I respect have argued on both sides of the BIN price vs Make Offer debate. As has been mentioned, I think it probably depends on the type of name and the price point.

A BIN is far more likely to be a spontaneous purchase if it is priced in that range. Once a potential buyer delays to think more, look at more names, etc. there is some chance of losing the potential sale.

On the other hand by stating a BIN price then it may well result in losing money you could have made. In addition, there may be cases where because the potential purchaser thinks the BIN is way too high, or way too low, they don't follow further and you lose sale.

I know Rick has argued the PUR route, I guess the idea being twofold one that it adds some sense of like premium real estate that you have to talk to the agent to get a price range, and secondly that price might be adjusted according to intelligence on the potential buyer. Both of these arguments make sense, but maybe only for truly strong domain names.

I once had virtually all of mine BIN priced. Currently I am trying a mix, but most still have BIN pricing.

Thanks for poll, and to all who have responded.

Bob

•••
It is too late to edit my post, but I also meant to comment that I think that @frank-germany makes a good point. Which one leads to more sales, I voted BIN, might well not be the same as which is more profitable overall (I am undecided but wonder if Make Offer of PUR is more profitable overall).
-Bob
what was more profitable

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back