Dynadot

.us Business.US - SOLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
Business.US - SOLD

Big news for the .US name space, and for NP member Fundraiser.

Robert (NamePros / USForum member Fundraiser) has just finished the acquisition of this amazing domain. The price and further details must remain private for now, but it's a done deal. Amazing! :o

The deal was made thru GreatDomains.com, and I've confirmed this info with Rob tonight.

I have to tell you that Rob is a first class guy with an already impressive portfolio, and a great representative for .US domains. Speaking as a friend and fellow .US supporter, I am truly proud and happy for him.

:kickass:

P.S. Don't worry, I plan to drill him on the price until he finally breaks down and gives it up.

:guilty: :]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yep I hope he puts up a great site.....so I can get some typo's
going to business.us.com.

It would be nice to know the price............

•••
That's an exciting transaction. I'm looking forward to seeing some numbers! Thanks for the report. :great:

AmCy

•••
Nice sale. Cant wait to see what he does with it :D

•••
WOW .... *jaw drops* It amazes me that I could know somebody to own such a COOL NAME!

GREAT JOB, Fundraiser!! ^_^

•••
compuXP said:
WOW .... *jaw drops* It amazes me that I could know somebody to own such a COOL NAME!

GREAT JOB, Fundraiser!! ^_^

ill top that.. I own www.Qool.com
LOL is that Qooler?

•••
Nice... I am really looking forward to see what he has done.

•••
nice catch! Congratulations!! Good luck with it Robert...

PS: what's next? ;)

•••
wow, good luck with that domaion.

•••
I can confirm it was listed for $50,000 at GreatDomains, which is also where the transaction ultimately took place. Most people (myself included) consider that original listing price to be a bargain. When you consider the big picture, the future etc.

This was a solid investment, whatever the actual selling price was.

By the way, Rob is a friend and I have his blessing to speak about this. It also gives me a chance to shake my .US pom poms and wear that cool cheerleader outfit. :o

•••
WOW totally great to see this happening, i wonder when the .us will be accepted by the general public of the USA then we will really see a surge in sales,,, Since other countries are eccepting there own country code it makes me think that someday the usa will too........ congrats to the buyer and seller

•••
•••
Cheers on your big sale!!

•••
Yes, great name!

Having seen the new owner's work in the past as an editor for About.com, I'm sure that the development of this site will be exciting and done with class.

•••
cogratulations for the big sale men!

•••
-db- said:
It also gives me a chance to shake my .US pom poms and wear that cool cheerleader outfit. :o

Give me a "Dot"!
Give me a "U"!
Give me an "S"!

If it was listed at $50K, I would guess, the selling price was arouns $25K as GD usually accepts offers at 50% mark.
Also, Fundraser, have you tried to get in touch with the seller directly to avoid GD commissinos?

•••
It is realy Good.us news...

•••
Midano said:
Give me a "Dot"!
Give me a "U"!
Give me an "S"!

If it was listed at $50K, I would guess, the selling price was arouns $25K as GD usually accepts offers at 50% mark.
Also, Fundraser, have you tried to get in touch with the seller directly to avoid GD commissinos?

that maybe the usual case with gd,,,but there was a 60k bid at ebay and then the acution got cancelled ,which is why it took long to transfer,,,bidding between venues,,,my guess is north of 60k

latest of big companies is viacom,,owner of blockbuster,,MTV,,Nick set up shop at www.tvland.US

•••
Nice to see you hanging there and plugging away undiscouraged, zou. No doubt .US will eventually become a well-reckoned and respected namespace. The fuddy duddy .COM ijiots just don't get it.

•••
Thats a really good domain.
I own a couple of domains that are worth 25-50k+

•••
Nice for .us and for fundraiser!
It's still a long term play (Probably), but you have to love that the money is still chasing .us!
-Allan

•••
Great name!

business.jp & adult.jp will be dropped on October 1 (JST). I wish I could catch them.

•••
nonstop said:
Great name!

business.jp & adult.jp will be dropped on October 1 (JST). I wish I could catch them.

Doubt it. I've also watched a few .JP names that looked like they were droppng, only to find them renewed at the last minute. I doubt that the owners of those high profile names will let them slip away. But, then again, you never know.

AmCy

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Nice for .us and for fundraiser!
It's still a long term play (Probably)
Its a brilliant investment and is likely to be a repeat ((may be not at the same exact scale) of Business.com that was bought for $150K when relatively few people knew/believed in .com's true potential and then a few short years later it was sold for $7.5M...There is risk in most every thing in life, but from an ROI standpoint, this investment really can't be beat easily......for instance, if the name was bought for $70K and is valued at $150K after 3 years (now IMO this is highly conservative)....no other investment comes close in terms of ROI.

•••
Great News for dot US investers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back