NameSilo

domains Bull.xyz SOLD for $199,888 @Dan RECORD SALE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Bull.xyz sold for $199,888 at Dan.com by @DNGear
Swetha keeps raising the bar of .XYZ domains, she's the queen herself, congrats!

BTW this seems to be the highest sale ever reported for a .xyz domain, crushing her own previous record of sino.xyz which sold for $119,911 on the 14th of October 2022. Bull.xyz was bought for only $109 in 2015 at NameJet.com, that's a huge ROI. Edit: It seems someone else bought it in 2015, and Swetha owned it since 2020. See screenshots below for reference.

xyztop10.png

previousbull.png

Source: NameBio.com

whoxybull.png

Source: Whoxy.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is a very important detail, thanks for pointing that out, something which can be manipulated indeed.
No worries. People often overlook that they let you do that.

•••
I want to give my opinion on something, I see many people are skeptical of domain sales for namebio or on the reported sales section on NP etc. etc. or even Swetha's sales.

It's good that DNJournal.com asks for proof of escrow sales with screenshots etc. (which can also be photoshopped of course) hard to know what's real in this day and age, to make it harder they should send videos made with your phone of your computer screen and your face with the escrow sale, but that could be edited too. But I see domains have been developed by real companies in the past. Unless they created fake companies etc. haha You see where I'm going here?

Only way to know for sure if something is real, is when you start selling your own domains and become successful too, then you know for sure it's real and what anyone says, does not matter anymore. I happened to have good faith in people and like to celebrate the success of other domainers no matter what extension, even if personally I only own .COMs.

On the other hand it's always good to have an open mind and question everything indeed, because there are also lots of bad people in this world. Hopefully more good than evil. But what matters most is what we as an individual do, and not to look to much at what others do or don't do, unless you can help or see something odd and people scamming, then it's good to speak up to protect others, but there also needs to be more solid proof and evidence of that, which can be hard to do apparently in this modern age.

Last edited:
•••
I want to give my opinion on something, I see many people are skeptical of domain sales for namebio or on the reported sales section on NP etc. etc. or even Swetha's sales.

It's good that DNJournal.com asks for proof of escrow sales with screenshots etc. (which can also be photoshopped of course) hard to know what's real in this day and age, to make it harder they should send videos made with your phone of your computer screen and your face with the escrow sale, but that could be edited too. But I see domains have been developed by real companies in the past. Unless they created fake companies etc. haha You see where I'm going here?

Only way to know for sure if something is real, is when you start selling your own domains and become successful too, then you know for sure it's real and what anyone says, does not matter anymore. I happened to have good faith in people and like to celebrate the success of other domainers no matter what extension, even if personally I only own .COMs.

On the other hand it's always good to have an open mind and question everything indeed, because there are also lots of bad people in this world. Hopefully more good than evil. But what matters most is what we as an individual do, and not to look to much at what others do or don't do, unless you can help or see something odd and people scamming, then it's good to speak up to protect others, but there also needs to be more solid proof and evidence of that, which can be hard to do apparently in this modern age.
You have large sales that are reported as part of a public disclosure by public companies. You have large sales that the domain ends up pointing to billion dollar companies or well funded startups.

The logic of fools:

"I don't believe abc.xyz sold for $123,456 because I own 5000 domains and the most I sold one for is 388 I even own crap-crap.xyz, it has 3.1 million google results and I never got an offer. These big domain sales must be fake"

Some sales are fake but that is the minority. Even at auctions, some bids are fake because we see them returning to auction.

An amount of money is relevant to what a person or company has. There are homes that sell for 10 plus million ever week, paintings that sell for millions, cars that sell for 500,000 or more, are they also fake because you would never spend that type of money even if you had it? There are hotels that are booked that each room costs over 1000 a night, fake? Watches that cost over 50k that sell a lot, fake? Weddings that cost millions of dollars, fake?

There are a lot of people and companies flush with cash. When they want something, they get it. In many cases people that sold their name for 500 could've gotten 50k if they asked.

Please stop limiting yourself with loser thoughts.

•••
You have large sales that are reported as part of a public disclosure by public companies. You have large sales that the domain ends up pointing to billion dollar companies or well funded startups.

The logic of fools:

"I don't believe abc.xyz sold for $123,456 because I own 5000 domains and the most I sold one for is 388 I even own crap-crap.xyz, it has 3.1 million google results and I never got an offer. These big domain sales must be fake"

Some sales are fake but that is the minority. Even at auctions, some bids are fake because we see them returning to auction.

An amount of money is relevant to what a person or company has. There are homes that sell for 10 plus million ever week, paintings that sell for millions, cars that sell for 500,000 or more, are they also fake because you would never spend that type of money even if you had it? There are hotels that are booked that each room costs over 1000 a night, fake? Watches that cost over 50k that sell a lot, fake? Weddings that cost millions of dollars, fake?

There are a lot of people and companies flush with cash. When they want something, they get it. In many cases people that sold their name for 500 could've gotten 50k if they asked.

Please stop limiting yourself with loser thoughts.
This is precisely what I was trying to say, but with less stronger words such as "loser thoughts" tho. People are still learning, it takes time and people must have an open mind.

There is this famous saying supposedly from Einstein or whoever, but the point is clear:

"I have tried 99 times and have failed, but on the 100th time came success." In the meanwhile never judge others for trying or having limiting thoughts. As a supposed "Pro" everyday I still learn more things even after 10+ years domaining. I'll say it again, always keep an open mind and keep trying before diminishing the success of others. Just to be clear, I'm talking in general, not to you AEProgram, which I assume you also did with me.

•••
This is precisely what I was trying to say, but with less stronger words such as "loser thoughts" tho. People are still learning, it takes time and people must have an open mind.

There is this famous saying supposedly from Einstein or whoever, but the point is clear:

"I have tried 99 times and have failed, but on the 100th time came success." In the meanwhile never judge others for trying or having limiting thoughts. As a supposed "Pro" everyday I still learn more things even after 10+ years domaining. I'll say it again, always keep an open mind and keep trying before diminishing the success of others. Just to be clear, I'm talking in general, not to you AEProgram, which I assume you also did with me.
agree

•••
•••
It is possible also to do inspect element in browser and change the looks of a web page, not hard even for a newbie coder like me.

I m challenging Swetha to record a video how she logs in in her accounts related to sales and show us the received money for Bull and other domains.
If not I know other means to find out if the sales are true.
P.s. I m the reason of why Paypal did their policy mistake, I only warned them of something!

Last edited:
•••
No month would be complete here without at least 2 new threads about the veracity of Swetha xyz sales. Its an obsession.

I didn’t hear a single person question the sale at SH of gaming.xyz.

Only DAN Sedo Afternic and GoDaddy NameBio DN Journal are perpetrating a huge fraud with Swetha and her sales apparently. Jealousy here is pathetic.

•••
No month would be complete here without at least 2 new threads about the veracity of Swetha xyz sales. Its an obsession.

Only DAN Sedo Afternic and GoDaddy NameBio DN Journal are perpetrating a huge fraud with Swetha and her sales apparently. Jealousy here is pathetic.

Let Swetha be an inspiration for others, if she can do it, so can you. I see her Twitter anouncement has 400+ likes, better to focus on the postive people than the negative ones who are far less.

unsuccessful-people-get-jealous-when-they-watch-the-mastery-of-others-successful-people-get-in...jpg

Last edited:
•••
That's a great quote actually.. reminds me of when NP used "a rising tide lifts all boats" and in my eyes sales in names in general are good for all investors. Celebrate the success of the sale and use it as a buoy for the industry you are in: Domain Names.

•••
Only DAN Sedo Afternic and GoDaddy NameBio DN Journal are perpetrating a huge fraud with Swetha and her sales apparently.
Do you have any proof that it's a fraud and have you tried to find out whether these sales are real by going to the sources of the sales?

The sources of the sales being the sales platforms, not a random xyz bearing the name.

•••
lol..its money laundry...Haters please start your own laundries...

1666524183128.png

Last edited:
•••

seller of gaming will never do it again..she does it 10 times a month. if u dont understand difference then go buy more iq

lol..its money laundry...Haters please start your own laundries...

Show attachment 225678

when u done building yo castle cause u is queen then I want u to hire me to clean yo toilets

•••
seller of gaming will never do it again..she does it 10 times a month. if u dont understand difference then go buy more iq

Swetha has ~20,000 XYZ's and lots of premium one words, chances are much higher they will sell many more times.

•••
Swetha has ~20,000 XYZ's and lots of premium one words, chances are much higher they will sell many more times.

exactly my point. this is why nobody talks or cares about seller of gaming or some other one off lottery winner.. and why.nobody here should be inspired by swetha sales.. cause be inspired means hope to get same results which nobody will have cause she has 20k most sellable names... sadly the dreamers here dont understand what it means to run out of words.

•••
exactly my point. this is why nobody talks or cares about seller of gaming or some other one off lottery winner.. and why.nobody here should be inspired by swetha sales.. cause be inspired means hope to get same results which nobody will have cause she has 20k most sellable names... sadly the dreamers here dont understand what it means to run out of words.
Yes. The only way to replicate her success would be to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars on another extension. But xyz have been a bit dumb haven't they, by letting one person buy up hundreds of thousands of keywords for pennies... So other extensions will not be doing the same thing.

There is no genius here... On either side... But a lot of luck. We've said this before, it's not a bad thing at all but being realistic about the success is important.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. The only way to replicate her success would be to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars on another extension. But xyz have been a bit dumb haven't they, by letting one person buy up hundreds of thousands of keywords for pennies... So other extensions will not be doing the same thing.

There is no genius here... On either side... But a lot of luck. We've said this before, it's not a bad thing at all but being realistic about the success is important.
I get your point, but wouldn't it be the same to say that some bought all the great .COMs in the beginning too, but still others have success with it now on the aftermarket. On a side note: bull.xyz was actually dropped/deleted in 2020 and won in an auction apparently by Swetha. All domaining is kinda luck with logic/quality behind every name to higher the chances of a sale, you never know which domain will sell in the end, no .COM no .CO, we just don't know, it's like a calculated bet.

PS It wasn't only luck IMO for Swetha, she had a great foresight and took a great risk and now it's paying off. And I salute her for that. .COMs are also risky for people who do not know what they are doing, that is for any extension really. For example Rick inspired me to buy .COMs in the aftermarket, and it paid off, so maybe it will be the same for .XYZ on the aftermarket too, who knows. Sometimes you have to take risk, before it's too late and someone else grabbed that shiny domain in whatever extension. This does not mean that .XYZ is a useless domain extension, it seems not to be to Google and many others.

Last edited:
•••
They are real sales, see screenshots for "already sold", GoDaddy/Dan would not put that if they were not sold through their platform.

You can also access the same screen when you select domain status as sold on the DAN control panel. So what's seen there isn't really proof of whether a domain name has been sold or not.

•••
You can also access the same screen when you select domain status as sold on the DAN control panel. So what's seen there isn't really proof of whether a domain name has been sold or not.
Yes I know, @MadAboutDomains pointed that out, and I agree, it can be manipulated as I said before.

•••
I get your point, but wouldn't it be the same to say that some bought all the great .COMs in the beginning too, but still others have success with it now on the aftermarket. On a side note: bull.xyz was actually dropped/deleted in 2020 and won in an auction apparently by Swetha. All domaining is kinda luck with logic behind every name to higher the chances of a sale, you never know which domain will sell in the end, no .COM no .CO, we just don't know, it's like a calculated bet.
Kind've yes, but people that bought .com early on had to pay a lot to register them, it was a big risk. XYZ names were worthless, seen as a spam extension and available for 99 cents a name, that's the point that most of these names were snapped up, they were dropped again and then picked up for cheap again, leaving the large portfolio we see today - obviously there has been reinvestment since, like the bull domain that you speak about.

Unfortunately we don't get the full picture when we see these sales, in order to make good investment decisions we must see the full picture. One person coming out and saying they sold one random name for $$$$$$$$$$$$ or one person owning nearly all of the good non-prem names and having a great sell through rate isn't necessarily good enough of a reason to invest - everyone should look at the full picture and decide what they are willing to lose in order to gain.

The truth is there has been a risk, but it was at 99 cents a pop and then XYZ became a known extension amongst a niche that has deep pockets - the stars aligned in a big way in order for this success to happen and more power to the owner/seller - but in my opinion with XYZ it is nigh-on impossible to replicate and that's OK with me. I'm glad that someone is reaping the rewards even that person is saltier than the dead sea 🤣.

There is no way to know what will sell in .xyz, they are usually obscure words and if they are premium renewals you can pretty much forget it and leave it to the registry to pick up those gains. For instance, it wouldn't be worth it for me to invest in a .xyz name for 10k as a gamble, it would either be a non-prem domain that has too large a chance of not selling or a premium domain that might sell because it's a traditionally decent keyword but the renewal would make a bad proposition as an investment.

I had a chance with stream.xyz, that was available for the taking and I didn't take it... as I would almost certainly lose my money (that's a premium renewal). It was snapped up minutes after I made that post... good luck to the owner. XYZ success is just not something that can be replicated NOW with the current conditions in my humble opinion.

Again, congrats to the seller of this name, and the others that have sold, cause it's really good! Awesome in-fact and I don't want to take that away from them. It doesn't really matter how much luck it took, cause as you say it's all luck too some degree - but if you take the intelligence out of investing in domains completely then what's the point in being on this forum discussing domains? That's why I get fed up of downvoters that don't think.

Last edited:
•••
Kind've yes, but people that bought .com early on had to pay a lot to register them, it was a big risk. XYZ names were worthless, seen as a spam extension and available for 99 cents a name, that's the point that most of these names were snapped up, they were dropped again and then picked up for cheap again, leaving the large portfolio we see today - obviously there has been reinvestment since, like the bull domain that you speak about.

Unfortunately we don't get the full picture when we see these sales, in order to make good investment decisions we must see the full picture. One person coming out and saying they sold one random name for $$$$$$$$$$$$ or one person owning nearly all of the good non-prem names and having a great sell through rate isn't necessarily good enough of a reason to invest - everyone should look at the full picture and decide what they are willing to lose in order to gain.

The truth is there has been a risk, but it was at 99 cents a pop and then XYZ became a known extension amongst a niche that has deep pockets - the stars aligned in a big way in order for this success to happen and more power to the owner/seller - but in my opinion with XYZ it is nigh-on impossible to replicate and that's OK with me. I'm glad that someone is reaping the rewards even that person is saltier than the dead sea 🤣.

There is no way to know what will sell in .xyz, they are usually obscure words and if they are premium renewals you can pretty much forget it and leave it to the registry to pick up those gains. For instance, it wouldn't be worth it for me to invest in a .xyz name for 10k as a gamble, it would either be a non-prem domain that has too large a chance of not selling or a premium domain that might sell because it's a traditionally decent keyword but the renewal would make a bad proposition as an investment.

I had a chance with stream.xyz, that was available for the taking and I didn't take it... as I would almost certainly lose my money (that's a premium renewal). It was snapped up minutes after I made that post... good luck to the owner. XYZ success is just not something that can be replicated NOW with the current conditions in my humble opinion.

Again, congrats to the seller of this name, and the others that have sold, cause it's really good! Awesome in-fact and I don't want to take that away from them. It doesn't really matter how much luck it took, cause as you say it's all luck too some degree - but if you take the intelligence out of investing in domains completely then what's the point in being on this forum discussing domains? That's why I get fed up of downvoters that don't think.
Great post, thanks for all the details, and yes, the renewals are very high indeed. Maybe some day another new extension will be 99 cents a piece, and I will jump on it too, because Swetha inspired me lol Cheers.

PS I don't know Swetha aka @DNGear personally so I can't comment on your "salty" remarks of her. Just wanted to be clear about that.

Last edited:
•••
Oh well there's an argument.. hey stick to it. In the meantime, early investments that weren't expensive or considered worthless well let's just write them off with these continual excuses.

This is actually getting somewhat comical. The same will be with other stuff that are gaining traction with sales and usage. What I love about investing is exactly what is happening with dot-xyz. Though it can be scary for portfolios stuck in one spot whilst the world moves ahead, so I get that.

Great dot-com's aren't in danger, but certainly time to take a second look at what the future holds.

•••
Domain investors should cheer when a fellow domain investor achieves monetary success by making great sales.

I took a look at Swetha's xyz domain portfolio at swetha.xyz - super keywords.

Without question, she will have more 6 figure sales - and bravo! Nice to see a fellow domain investor reap prosperity!

•••
Congratulations on the top .xyz sale till date.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back