Dynadot

domains Bull.xyz SOLD for $199,888 @Dan RECORD SALE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

XNetwork.comTop Member
Impact
Bull.xyz sold for $199,888 at Dan.com by @DNGear
Swetha keeps raising the bar of .XYZ domains, she's the queen herself, congrats!

BTW this seems to be the highest sale ever reported for a .xyz domain, crushing her own previous record of sino.xyz which sold for $119,911 on the 14th of October 2022. Bull.xyz was bought for only $109 in 2015 at NameJet.com, that's a huge ROI. Edit: It seems someone else bought it in 2015, and Swetha owned it since 2020. See screenshots below for reference.

xyztop10.png

previousbull.png

Source: NameBio.com

whoxybull.png

Source: Whoxy.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that is cooooool !
in2020 , just check that this domain bull.xyz just sold @ 100+ USD ???

•••
•••
Congratulations to Swetha!!! Looks like the buyer or their VPN is from Malta :xf.wink:

Nice to see risk takers getting rewarded and these sales help us all 👌👌

•••
Nice sale. Congrats. What do the tags have to do with that sale though when we don't know what the site is that is being launched... or do we?

•••
Nice sale. Congrats. What do the tags have to do with that sale though when we don't know what the site is that is being launched... or do we?
The tags are mostly to reach more people on Twitter to make it go viral I guess, kind of a SEO.

•••
Congrats.

I'm very much .com, only invest in .com, but 3rd quarter of 2022 it's fair to say .xyz has overshadowed .com.

•••
And the doubters said that there wouldn't be a profit in domains! ...Who gets the last laugh now?

•••
Bull....t
Bullet
Bulletin
bullxyz.com registered today (by one of you), why not earlier (by someone else, such as buyer , seller, agent).
Congrats in any case.

Last edited:
•••
Great name. Congrats on this landmark sale Swetha, thanks for the info URLU.

💪

•••
Congrats.

I'm very much .com, only invest in .com, but 3rd quarter of 2022 it's fair to say .xyz has overshadowed .com.
Congrats on the sale, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Last 3 months in reported sales -

.COM - $41,200,000

.XYZ - $832,000

.XYZ does have more in reported sales than all the rest of the new extensions combined, which is impressive for .XYZ and less so for all the others.

The rest of the new extensions only have $668,000 in sales in the last (3) months.

Brad

•••
Insane, big congrats! Swetha is currently sitting at 4 out of 10 top 10 biggest XYZ sales, one more and she'll reach half, it would be nice to see it happening before year's end.

•••
Congrats.

Based on what? This is what I'm talking about when I said that people say things that aren't true...

Last 3 months .COM...

1666268709872.png

Last 3 months .XYZ...

1666268735284.png

Source: namebio.com last 3 month period.

Last edited:
•••

.COM - $41,200,000

.XYZ - $832,000

.XYZ does have more in reported sales than all the rest of the new extensions combined, which is impressive for .XYZ and less so for all the others.

The rest of the new extensions only have $668,000 in sales in the last (3) months.

Brad
On a side note, the same keywords which are selling for 6 figures in .xyz are worth a lot more in the .com extension, but most of those .coms are developed or not for sale or too expensive thus end-users seek the cheaper but trending option, a .xyz.

But still awesome these .xyz sales and I salute Swetha for her foresight and guts to take risks, it's making her very rich, which is the whole point of investing. I still personally prefer to invest in .coms for the long run. If only I could own bull.com which is worth at least 7 figures.

Last edited:
•••

.COM - $41,200,000

.XYZ - $832,000

Brad
3 months goes all the way back to July, but in that $15m came from the NFTS.com sale, $1.6m from the Call.com sale, but even so I'm not talking overall, I'm talking big sales (6 figures+).

.com has only had 3 'reported' 6 figures sales in the last 2 months September (Autumn) onwards and 2 of those was on the same day!

As said I'm very much .com and .com is the only extension i invest in, but we are not in a period to trumpet .com (going by recent sales), it's the worst spell i've seen in my 7 years of domain investing.

Last edited:
•••
3 months includes summer (2nd Q), but in that $15m came from the NFTS.com sale, $1.6m from the Call.com sale, but even so I'm not talking overall, I'm talking big sales (6 figures+).

.com has only had 3 'reported' 6 figures sales in the last 2 months September onwards (3rd quarter) and 2 of those was on the same day!

As said I'm very much .com and .com is the only extension i invest in, but 3rd Q 2022 as not been a period to trumpet .com, it's the worst spell i've seen in my 7 years of domain investing.
Well, I mean if we can just start picking and choosing which high dollar sales we want to exclude, you can play that game with any extension.

If we exclude the last week when it comes to .XYZ sales, all of a sudden the total sales goes down around 40% in the last (3) months.

I am just counting all sales. I think that is the fairest way.

.COM has much more depth when it comes to sales, with around 100x the actual domains sold as .XYZ in the last (3) months.

However, .XYZ has still been impressive. It has outperformed the however many hundreds of new extensions combined.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Also, "Bull" is a very strong financial term and just a good branding word in general.

It is the type of term that is going to have some value in any reasonable extension.

This sale is not as much of a head scratcher. I can see why an end user would want this term.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Also, "Bull" is a very strong financial term and just a good branding word in general.

It is the type of term that is going to have some value in any reasonable extension.

This sale is not as much of a head scratcher. I can see why an end user would want this term.

Brad
exactly, BULLISH.COM sold for $1,080,000

•••
Two 6 figure xyz sales in one week by two different sellers. And the domain market is in a mini lull.

•••
While I get the generation X, Y, and Z angle, .xyz is like The Onion, IMO. It works because it satires everything else, and makes a bundle doing it. Of course Bull.xyz is their biggest sale. Its spot on-brand.

•••
•••
•••
congrats!
xyz seems to be popular with web 3, crypto, finance and gambling
sportsbet.xyz, bull.xyz, gaming.xyz = super keywords

Last edited:
•••
Swetha! You are my hero!! Keep them coming!

•••
Congrats to swetha (y)

But i am scratching my head and wondering if it is logic for the XYZ domain of a very good ONE dictionary word to be sold at this price of $199,888

Then as a logic why we don't see the XYZ domain of a very good TWO dictionary words to be sold for only 0.01% of the price of the single word !!!!?? I am talking about ONLY 0.01% !!!!

0.01% x 199888 = $1998

Even for $1998 we don't see them getting sold !!!!!!

BUT most of the XYZ very good TWO dictionary words domains not getting attention or demand and not getting sold , and if it get sold it will be for low xxx or xx !!!!!!!?? :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
Back