NameSilo

discuss Building a market place for domain names Your way !!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sanket777

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,
As here are many experienced and very Big players in this industry of domain flipping.
I am very curious to know what kind of marketplace it would be if you are going to build one ?
What you think there should be added or there is no need to have in An Ideal Domain Marketplace?
All your suggestions are valuable !!

Thank you in advance !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
do you have a script for this?

•••
This is a great question. The domain industry is full of marketplaces in which domain owners and their domains are exploited and disrespected. In some of them, commissios are ridiculously high, not for actively promoting your name, but just for having it listed there when it happens to sale.

So, here are four characteristics I would like in a marketplace:

1. Very responsive customer service

2. Reasonable commission (10% or lower)

3. To actively promote your name, even if it requires a little extra charge

4. A real escrow service in which the marketplace holds the money and the domain.

Great thread....

Last edited:
•••
2. Reasonable commission (10% or lower)

This is unfortunately a double edged sword. Low commissions mean little $$ for advertising and this in turn means fewer end customers on the platform.

•••
We're building a marketplace from domainers, for domainers. Low commission, free auction listings, social interaction, secure transactions.

Stay tuned for WeDomain.com!

•••
We're building a marketplace from domainers, for domainers. Low commission, free auction listings, social interaction, secure transactions.

Stay tuned for WeDomain.com!
Hey I was thinking about building same !!!
Best of luck with your project !!
This thread will be useful for you too !

•••
Outbound marketing efforts come at a cost so low commissions are only going to be possible with passive domain listings. 75-80% of an $XXXX sale is much better than 90-95% of zero.

•••
do you have a script for this?
No I dont have script but I was finding the best things to add in marketplace so it will be easy to build one !

•••
•••
I would add that I am working on a directory project of everything related to domaining. It has taken me way longer than I hoped and i am still a couple months from launch. However, one thing i was surprised by was how many domain marketplaces there are. I have about 200 already identified, and find new ones everyday. Of course some are very small, and probably get very little traffic, but the number is still impressive...or sad, not entirely sure which.

•••
Many are entering in this business for sure ! Best luck with your development Buddy !

•••
I am building one also. Still a month or so from being finished but already getting traffic. Any feedback would be appreciated. Mobile friendly too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back