IT.COM

Building a business using your domain names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We started building my business around my premium cctld domain names.

We supply:

• Premium domain name
  • A decent website with content
  • A local phone number

Its been quite successful so far, with a fairly good response from businesses.

Generating £100 ($126) per month

Anyone else doing the same or similar ?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Absolutely!

I've been developing and targeting local markets since 2005. Mostly using small mini-service/product sites that feed leads to my primary brands. Like with your experience, that $126+ per month in leads that convert adds up across a network of lead generating sites.

Personally, I think it's a great addition to anyones retirement plan as an entrepreneur/freelancer.

•••
Absolutely!

Personally, I think it's a great addition to anyones retirement plan as an entrepreneur/freelancer.

Hi Eric,

Yes, thats $126 per domain + site + phone number per month.

3 packages rented = $378 per month already

We have another 60 premium domains to rent

This business plan works perfect for us and not sure why I didnt think of the package idea a couple of years ago.

Most people & business do not understand domain names, servers, websites, virtual phones numbers, how to set up emails, how to update websites.

The businesses we approach are either new startups or businesses with gmail or facebook addresses written on there vans

They are happy to pay what we're asking, our customers don't have to worry about their online presence.

The upside of this business plan is that we can be anywhere in the world and run our business from a laptop. So if i want to spend 3 months in Singapore visiting my son and his girlfriend I can, or maybe on a beach in Australia.

•••
Sure, occasionally sell flippable $99-135 on the marketplace along with more premium names that take a little more time, still building up the business, used to have a website (do have a small efty page though) over the last two years but didn't get much interest from that only from the marketplaces, so kept it simple. Sold a 4L on Sedo and a .io on Uniregistry this week.

Congrats on your sales.

Last edited:
•••
I've started to collect two and three word keyphrase .coms to use either as mini-sites, or as feeder sites. The idea of renting a complete package is a good idea, but I'm not sure I want the extra work at the moment. ccTLDs would be good for local businesses though.

•••
I've started to collect two and three word keyphrase .coms to use either as mini-sites, or as feeder sites. The idea of renting a complete package is a good idea, but I'm not sure I want the extra work at the moment. ccTLDs would be good for local businesses though.

It takes me 4-5 hours for a 5 page website as long as the customer supply the content.

I don't charge any set up costs, just a flat rate

They make payments via my stripe payment gateway, and this is reoccurring as they use debit/credit card

Seamless operation, and you're right, this suits cctld's, but if the keywords were .com they would be worth tens of millions.

I'll keep you all updated when i've leased/rented another name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back