Domain Empire

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000 - Which One For Your Business?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have an (18) letter .COM pending sale for almost $30K. Let me know when a new extension can do that.
Brad
What r u talking about Mugford; don't you recall KingofTop, he's asking a Billion for his 63 letter non-com.. :rolleyes: absurdity but takes some real kahunas at the same time for that kind of ask..
Well, Brad, in your particular case Data Cube / com, .com is really enough, I agree. This is mainly because we do not have .cube extension (yet), and in addition, because your brand is not generic, commonly used semantic string.
Exactly- these are the exception names that stand alone just fine on the .com extension. I'm also thinking though, this could change down the road where users look to tailor even one word or uncommonly used names to a more specific extension.
Eg, DataCube on the .domains or .shop extension.. right Brad? :laugh::angelic:
The truth of the matter is that although New gTLDs are becoming a viable choice for some businesses who only need one or two domains, but it is very difficult for the average domainer to find and to maintain a large portfolio of New gTLDs for the many more years that it's going to take to have widespread adaption for them.

For this reason although I like New gTLDs myself, but I only am able to keep a very small number of domains. The only people who can invest seriously in New gTLDs and hold on to them on a long term basis are the Registries themselves who own most of the better quality domains.
You've got a good point, it's true that for the average investor it's a challenge to find the right names and hold them long enough or turn them quick enough to make it worthwhile. I'm definitely your average maybe even less than and can attest to this. All's I can say is don't get into it without a plan be it short or long term holds for EACH name- don't blanket your names with one goal; each is unique with it's own merits that will determine what to do with it.

By the same token, a vast majority of domains held by investors will NEVER sell, regardless of extension. But at least with new gTLDs I feel it is less of a rat race and can quantify my investments with quality over quantity.

Same arguments keep coming up from some, .. "kicking can down the road".. new gTLD sales are "outliers".

I mentioned in another thread about support for new gTLD investors, stuff like this sure isn't it and it is erroneous in its nature. What we call kicking the can down the road are long-term holds, like a fruit waiting to ripen. What we call outliers happen as they should in proportion to what they are up against: around 150 million .com registrations and a 30 year head start of awareness and adoption.

Something not happening all the time does not make it an outlier, it simply makes it not happen as often. The state of domain name adoption and sales in new gTLDs is exactly as it should be right now.

•••
Brand.Love just to annoy a bunch of domainers

•••
Yes, whatever helps sleep at night.

voter identities? It actually adds validity to poll.

I stand behind my vote; see; most of the world.
I love having costs down from not having to pay egregious renewal pricing (.car/cars $2k and look up .app renewal pricing; it’s a JOKE.

Long live COM poll solidifies what we know :)

Samer

Your comment further proves that this poll is seriously biased. This poll is already asking wrong group of people. If really want to know the business usage side, this poll should ask real business owners, not domainers. Most domainers invest mainly in .com, so am I. But this poll is now like asking people who frequently go to a restaurant whether the food in the restaurant is delicious, which is seriously biased.

Also, there may be a gap between domainers' thoughts and real business owners' thoughts. Cost is just a part of decision making in the business world that there are marketing, advertising and branding effects that need to be considered when choosing a domain name for business. On the other hand, cost plays a large part for domainers.

•••
This is no poll! As an end user or as a domainer, the answer is a no-brainer - .COM rules

•••
Did you read my posts in this thread? If not, please read and then you will know this poll is very problematic.

It's actually probably helping him. It's 46-2 and those 2 votes were joke votes. He's asked for help from members here before on whether he should renew some of his domains. He started a thread on that as well. This goes to pricing your domains. If you own a new gtld, you should check what the comparable .com is selling for. Buyers will.

•••
All, Deep Breath please. This should not be turning into an argument - and if some of the wording was a bit different (above) it wouldn't be. IMO.

Look, from a tried and true "business model" there is little (true) argument where the bulk of investment is made. Investments from this community as well as real end users, today .com is what is needed.

I look at the new extensions as more of a "Crypto"ish assets in relation to our space. Most of us dont use, want to use, or see the value in spending time using...But the minority who do believe, do market, do understand markets we DONT... keep all of us kind of in the loop. But, more importantly they push the Domain Value + Brand Value loud and clear and more than most of us. Ultimately, their passion will help make their niche successful - while driving the traditional .com value at the same time.

We have a lot more in common to promote, than to fight over. Just my opinion.

•••
Totally agree! There are many unethical people in the world that do not respect others and others' assets. They enjoy doing so and always think it is fine to do so, even if someone tell them that it is unethical. They will wake up only when they become the victims of similar scenario.

If you don't want other people talking about them, don't write a public article that highlights them.
If you do, then they become subject for discussion. It is that simple.

And also..."Victims"...Please.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I agree what @Brands.International Said

@JB Lions , You just destroyed he's Domain. if the end user find this thread, it's will be very Hard for him to sold he's domain with the price he want.

I don't think you will be happy if someone start a thread and make people give their opinion about your own Domains, And Especially if you received a bad feedback.

If your intention was good, Please Next time start a poll, and let's us vote on your domain VS Competitor domain.

Last edited:
•••
Dot is a big issue here.

In the majority of the minds of the people, the .com has done away with its own iron branding.

People assume all internet addresses end in .com - even the costliest brand-marketing will eventually fail to convince people that there is a word LOVE after BRING but separated with a dot

Read the case of o.co

•••
Depends on the name- that's the beauty of domain names isn't it! Anything more than a one-word name is opportunity for a match.

If you want new gTLDs to become widely accepted, stop thinking in old "gold standard" terms- make a new gold standard for our buyers! Investors play a much bigger role in making internet addresses awesome than we realize.

By constantly beating the same old drum, we drive away adoption.

Registries do a much better job of driving away adoption actually. That is what happens when they generally reserve anything decent and demand huge prices for something with little demand. They are their own worst enemies.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, that is your opinion. What is fact though is there is still vastly more money in. COM than new gTLD, especially when it comes to resale. It is not even close.

I am not a .COM snob. I probably own about 30% non .COM, but that is just how the world is.
You are the one who needs a paradigm shift that is not happening after years.

For every website that launches on a new gTLD, more will launch on a .COM.

I own DataCube.com, tell me which other extensions I really need. None.

I do own a few for brand protection, but they are not really needed. The truth is the vast majority of end users are fine with .COM and nothing else.

Brad
Well, Brad, in your particular case Data Cube / com, .com is really enough, I agree. This is mainly because we do not have .cube extension (yet), and in addition, because your brand is not generic, commonly used semantic string.

To explain it more, if .cube extension would be in existence, someone would be able to register Data / Cube. In which case I think you still would be able to get Data / Cube via UDRP or legal process, as this string is not something which is a generic, commonly used term - it is more kind of a nice brandable. so if you would have TM for it (this is a condition), I think you would have some good chances to win over Data / Cube owner.

Now, imagine your brand is a generic, commonly used term in the English language, Word1Word2.com. And you have a TM for it. In case someone would register Word1.Word2 alternative to your brand. and your .com domain name, you would NOT be able to get that domain via UDRP or legal process. The reason is that it is a generic, commonly used term (generic, commonly used term, in the sense which is in more detail, explained in latest Booking.com USA Supreme court decision). So if your brand is in this category, you, as a brand owner and business owner MUST get your word1.word2 alternative asap, otherwise, your business would suffer from something that is called "domain keyword equity spill" (aka misdirected online traffic) if another business will get it.

I am writing an article atm about the "domain keyword equity spill", and will publish it soon. But this is the reason why in some cases, you really need to get also word1.word2 version of your word1word2.com domain /brand, as in this case having only .com is NOT enough.

And that is the message which is beneficial for business owners if they do not want to spill they brand/keyword equity all over to internet towards their competitors.

•••
What some of us are trying to convey is the fact that in parallel to .com, many big global businesses are now opting for new gTLDs - and you, a Good Domainer should be aware of that fact, that's it.
That's the problem. What you're trying to convey is not happening.

•••
You've got a good point, it's true that for the average investor it's a challenge to find the right names and hold them long enough or turn them quick enough to make it worthwhile.

Let's not forget that the New gTLD program was intentionally designed to bypass the domainers by letting the Registries cater to the end users directly and so it's not just by accident that most domainers find it kind of difficult to dabble into New gTLDs same as they have done with .com , although there are still enough domains that have fallen through the cracks and that have been overlooked by the Registries that can create some good opportunities for a few smart domainers who have a good eye to pick the right domains and who have the financial resources that makes them able to hold on to them, but some Registries are now scooping up the domains that are dropped by domainers who were lucky enough to get them at standard rates and are now pricing them again as premium and thus reducing the pool of domains that might have been available to domainers even further and making it even harder for them to get into the New gtld game.

It probably is better to own a few quality New gTLDs that have standard renewals that would allow one to hang on to them on the long term basis than to get overextended to the point that you have to start dropping your good domains.

IMO

•••
If you sell new GTLDs it is important to do your research and make sure your set price is offering a real value when compared to its .com competitor. For now, the NGTLD version should be cheaper, not 10x more.

For value I'd go with BringLove.com
For just quality I'd pick Bring.Love

•••
Guys this thread, the fanaticism and all the discussions are just silly and wrong.

The success of a business is not relevant with the domain it uses. It's all about how that business is managed, how good the SEO is, and the business strategy it runs.

I have 3 successful businesses on new gTLDs which are also available on App Store and Play Store. I make my living hosting my business on these new G's.

I had a .com competitor for the exact keywords of one of my domains when I published my website. At the end of 2 years, .com competitor has run out of business and for the past 1 year they are trying to sell the domain name on a well known marketplace, crossing their fingers for me to buy them out.

I can't take the stupidity when people say; oh hey the regular internet user are unaware of new G's and they can't remember the new G domain but they can remember the .com version of it. Well these regular domainers are obviously unaware of search engine volumes vs type in volumes, how the traffic is obtained on the internet and they do not have a single idea about what SEO means.

I think the op's question was also very biased. If the question was asked liked this for the business owner:

BringLove.com for $30,000 or Bring.Love for $3,595

And given a budget for the decision maker (which there is always one for a start-up), than I can easily see the results vice versa. Ofcourse there will be some domainers who would argue that because of their biased fanaticism, but I am writing this comment for the rational people out there, not the ones who are wearing the horse blinders. It is true that when a new gTLD is priced right there is a good chance of selling them against .com. Same rule applies vice versa.

I can tell that each day there are more new G's registered by startups since the .com is already taken, in use or for sale with a lot higher pricing than the registry fee of a new G. These numbers will keep growing and you don't have to be Nostradamus to forecast that. If you are not aware of that already, you should take some time off on namePros and perhaps spend more time on the other side of the internet.

Last but not least, criticizing the investment of a fellow domainer on a public forum which gets indexed by Google; is not nice, it is rude and cruel. OP should have asked for a permission of the domain owners which he obviously knew he would get refused to post it on here.

On the other hand there is a legal end of this situation. You could have been sued for damaging the brand reputation, serious stuff..

•••
Just for curiosity, in what extension is Shopify running their business?
Maybe .com?
They choosed an .app to run their .app project. But for real bussiness, they choose the only king, the .com

Is the .app project one of their real businesses?

They can use .com to run their .app project as well, then why are they willing to pay $200,000 such a large amount to buy the .app version and use it actively now?

They have used .com for their main business for many years before .app extension launch. It may have a huge switching cost to them if they change to use .app. Also, there is no reason for them to use .app because their main business is not completely app based. So the .app is owned by them for brand protection.

Shopify is a brand name and the poll is about generic word combinations which are totally two different situations. So the case of Shop(.app) and Shop/App(.com) is more suitable for discussion.

Last edited:
•••
They just use Shop.app to go and download their app to your mobile.
If they were going to use Shop.app to run their main business, their real business, then you can come here and talk about .app

But they won't never ever do that in 1000 years, and do you know why? because if they do that, the owners of Shop.com will be sooooo grateful and happy for the extra of daily million users coming to Shop.com thanks to Shop.app

All you said is just want to escape from the fact that they spent $200,000 to buy and use Shop(.app) and let Shop/App(.com) be unused. $200,000 is a large amount that may need approval from the top executives (CFO/CTO/CMO) in Shopify. Do you think the top executives approved such deal emotionally without a reasonable reason? You should face the fact and think about why Shopify did so.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The choice is clear.
BringLove.com for $3,595

•••
What a nice thread, @JB Lions ...so to your kind attention:

1. I do not remember I have ever authorized you to publicly discuss my investment domain name Bring / Love, nor I have authorized you to discuss it's quality, or to create public voting on it on Namepros.com. If I would like to get its appraisal from someone here, I would put it to the Appraisal section of this domain forum.

2. I also do not believe you have authorization from Huge / Domains, owner of the BringLove / com to discuss their domain name or to create some voting on it, or to publicly deliberate about their pricing.

3. You personally might like (or not - I sure not) the pricing of some of the domain names in my portfolio, but this does not give you the right to publicly discuss them in this manner.

If you are not aware of it, I am explicitly reminding you to now that I have paid for this domain name, I am paying for its renewals, and it is my personal investment asset.

4. Any further misinformation in this thread which you have created without my authorization (as for example incorrect information and/or insinuations about high renewal price of Bring / Love, as seen in post no.12 from @Samer, while the real renewal price for the name is only $12), plus any other incorrect/non-factual statements in this thread has potential to tamper with reselling value of this domain assets, thus producing financial damage to me.

5. You have been repeatedly attacking my personal reputation in the past (all your posts are recorded and stored at Namepros), now it seems you focused on my domain names.

6. You are long term member here and I believe you must be aware that Namepros threads are being indexed very quickly. Your actions are already influencing Google Search results: see below

BringLoveSearchResults_12082020.JPG

The name is already indexed.

In case seller of BringLove / com would like to increase price in future, this thread and the price you stated for the BringLove / com in the thread name can act as a psychological price anchor, thus preventing the potential resale of BringLove / com for the higher price (as the buyer can refer to this thread in negotiation). This might damage the resale value of BringLove / com under some specific circumstances. So you are tampering and potentially damaging their asset too (not sure if you have realized that at all).

7. What you did with Google indexing to BringLove / com, you are of course doing to Bring / Love in an even more serious manner.

8. I do value freedom of speech but in my honest opinion, you are crossing the line here.

9. My suggestion to you: if you want to create heated .com VS new gTLD debate here, sure, why not, but use your own domain names - register word1.word2, then register its counterpart, word1word2.com, PAY for them with your own money, and then you can discuss everything here. But do not start jumping to other investors' domain portfolios (and especially mine) and using their assets for this kind of debate or voting.

10.Thanks for your understanding JB. Saying above, I do respect your opinions about various topics, even they are sometimes strong for my personal taste, and I do many times agree with them (except views you hold on new gTLDs, which I think are almost 100% incorrect). So again, if you miss heated debates, you can go as per point 9.

@Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Bravo - when time allows that, please kindly check if the thread complies with your platform rules, thank you :)

•••
I said in my opinion, the thread is educative and informative. And I'am still of that opinion, regardless. Thanks.

That is my opinion to state that you misunderstand the purpose of this thread and let other members know this poll is problematic.

•••
Exactly. it’s madness.
do they pay thousands per year prem renew?

Nobody mention mindlessly pay prem renew

They have bought many domains. Do you think they don't know they need to pay renewal? Do you think they did not know the premium renewal before the purchase? Are you underestimating their intelligence and experience in buying domains?

Please be wise and think twice before posting. They are more professional than you. There are performance appraisals for every decision they made. It is strongly related to their bonus. It is not their madness, maybe yours.

•••
Neither for me. But BringLove.com is best

•••
I am not a new TLD cheerleader because I know from personal experience that selling alternative extensions at premium prices is difficult and much less common than newbies believe is the case. Newbies get all excited about registry sales in the first year after launch and think any keyword they register in that extension is an instant lottery ticket winner. Reality sets in when the renewal bills arrive and they have no sales from these overhyped extensions. In this case neither domain name makes any sense for a normal business except for possibly a porn site. Even then a horrible brand name imo. Why waste money on new tlds which do not even make sense in .com?

•••
Brad, I am pretty surprised that you are defending this thread so much and with such vigor!

Yes, domain name Bring / Love was used in the public article which I wrote for Medium.com. But the point of the whole article was to advise Social Media Influencers that they should not rely on their social media accounts only, but should have also their own domain name as a backup. And I used domain name from my own portfolio, to illustrate how they can redirect their social media accounts to the domain names.

Here is the link to the article we are speaking about, everyone can make their own opinion: article

As you can see, a very innocent article, which is beneficial for all domain investors. Why some people got triggered, is beyond my understanding.

I can guarantee you, if I would be using .com domain name in my article as that example, there would be no thread like this one. But I dared to use a new gTLD domain name, and here we go (again). You know, I own 100% new gTLDs in my portfolio, so what do you expect me to use in my own articles when I need an example of a domain name? Should it be maybe .com names of other investors here, so that I can avoid this type of poll in the future, or will you permit me to use my own domain names? :)

I said in the other thread I agree with the premise of the article as far as social influencers being at the mercy of the platform, and it is smart to use a domain name.

I really don't care about the extension itself. It has nothing to do with that. I didn't post a poll because I personally don't even care that much.

My major issue is more with you acting like you need permission to talk about something in a public article, or others playing the "victim" card. It just comes off as rather whiny IMO.

If you put the name out there in a public article, you have to know there might be discussion.
If I wrote a similar article, and then promoted some domain I own, I would fully be expecting a discussion.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back