IT.COM

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BringLove.com for $3,595 or Bring.Love for $30,000 - Which One For Your Business?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I said in the other thread I agree with the premise of the article as far as social influencers being at the mercy of the platform, and it is smart to use a domain name.

I really don't care about the extension itself. It has nothing to do with that. I didn't post a poll because I personally don't even care that much.

My major issue is more with you acting like you need permission to talk about something in a public article, or others playing the "victim" card. It just comes off as rather whiny IMO.

If you put the name out there in a public article, you have to know there might be discussion.
If I wrote a similar article, and then promoted some domain I own, I would fully be expecting a discussion.

Brad

Please permit me to start a poll to ask if using others' actual domain names for discussion without the owners' permissions to intentionally devalue the domains is an ethical behavior as written by you publicly at NamePros. Or you can choose to not permit me but this will show that what you said about "reasonable" and "expecting a discussion" are all bullshit, and you are just a bad guy with double standard.

•••
Why would you need my permission to do that?

But if you do please make it a neutral poll. Your phrasing above obviously makes the poll loaded which is disingenuous.

Is it alright to talk about someone's domain that was featured in a public article?
That is more neutral wording.

Brad

My phrasing is neutral and includes all the key points (others' actual domain names, without the owners' permissions, and intentionally devalue the domains), while your phrasing misses all these key points.

It is just a public poll that is similar to JB Lions's poll, probably better than his poll because my poll is not targeted to people who hate you that can lead to seriously based result. When you accept his poll, you should accept my poll as well. Or does it mean that when you may become a victim, you think this kind of "reasonable", "expected" and "ethical" poll is not acceptable?

According to your logic, when you write something publicly, you should expect any discussions of any types and it is reasonable and ethical that others start a poll that is intentionally destroy others. When you only permit me to do a specific poll or try to change the phrasing of my poll, you already violate your thought and it already shows that you are just a bad guy with double standard.

•••
new domain extensions became more popular when agar.io was the most played game of 2015.

•••
Agree with your points, except .com being inferior, .com is the gold standard :xf.smile:

But all the good .coms are taken. I can’t wait until gTLDs become widely accepted!
even .sucks?

•••
The best strategy is to own a brandable New gTLD and the matching .com

That way you'll be safe until there is widespread adaption for New Gs

IMO
Exactly, that is the safest route for now for any serious business owner. Everyone who knows at least a little about new gTLDs is aware that spill of traffic is going both ways (from new gTLD to matching .com, but also from matching .com to new gTLD). This is a FACT.

Those (as @bmugford ) who are saying having only .com is enough for business owners and they would not need any other extension after that, are simply WRONG in 2020. Such statements were true until 2014. but not anymore.

•••
.com is the superior extension, by far.
New G are something to invest if you have a few extra bucks to spend, but not serious if you want to start a business. Nobody is going to remember the happy.word extension, but they are gonna type happyword.com
A domain, nowadays is defined by an extension, and .com is the king by far.
No extension = No domain, in 99% of world population.
If.we talk.like this.with dots.between words.finally does.not mean.nothing
It's the .com what makes a domain.
To this, I can only say, that big corporations like Google or Amazon are massively getting top new gTLDs into their portfolios, regardless of what some legacy domainers are thinking, or wishing.

•••
discussing new gTLDs with some legacy domainers here feels to me like this :)

•••
Perhaps you're making some bad domaining choices and trying so hard to justify it to yourself. The truth is that Shopify can afford to run their App business on ShopApp.com without minding Shop.App but they can't afford to run on only Shop.App without minding the .com. Once .com is secured for redirection, a business can do anything with .anything.

You should directly visit Shop(.app) and Shop/App(.com) to find the real truth. You are telling something that is totally opposite to the truth. The truth is that Shopify is using the .app actively and the .com they own is unused, so they mind the .app very much, much more than the .com. Redirection is very easy to be made but they don't do any redirection on the .com even though they have owned the .com for a long time (https://www.whois.com/whois/shopapp.com). You should think the reason behind it instead of creating a false truth to mislead others and to make yourself feel better.

What is more, your first sentence is very bad because the Shopify case is nothing related to my domaining. I just used Shop(.app) and Shop/App(.com) as an example of domain names for real business use. What's wrong with you? Trying to attack me and creating a false truth because you're making some bad domaining choices and trying so hard to justify it to yourself?

Face the truth, and learn more about the business world and operation in large companies. This can help your domaining.

•••
each domain buyer's situation is different. It's quite tough to give an individualized opinion especially when you don't know much about the person seeking the opinion.
In this post bring.love for 30k and bringlove(com) for 3595 - the obvious answers will be to go with dot com because in this case it's cheaper and is quite well-known extension.

•••
Besides cost and branding issues that need to be considered by business owners, the first feeling by customers when seeing domains is also very important, especially when a business is related to love.

Love is subjective, making .love extension the most "subjective" extension. Personally I prefer simple and pure love, so .love extension generally gives me a stronger feeling than other extensions because it is shorter and cleaner that does not have irrelevant elements and matches the simple and pure characteristics of love.

As everyone can have different attitudes towards love, business owners should be more careful when choosing between .love and other extensions for their love-related business.

•••
But some people/companies need the exact match. Alternatives are always available, often for reg fee:

IBringLove.com
BringLoveToOthers.com
BringLoveToEveryone.com
BringLoveToYou.com
Etc....

Those are not alternative I was referring in my post. [alternative].love not [alternative]Bring.love, finding alternative to replace single word "bring" with different word that still line up with the core of the business.

•••
•••
There are examples that brand name is exactly domain name, such as vacation(.rentals), Radio(.cloud), online(.caisno), home(.loans) and homes(.forsale). And I found there is an example that brand name does not have the dot: live(.chat). These domain names were sold for high 5 figures to mid 6 figures.

Domain hack in new gTLDs is best applied for common phrases or terms, not the ones like your example "Botthebuilder". That's why new gTLDs investors have told many times that should invest in word1.word2 that word1 matches word2.
Thank you for providing those examples. I can see how solid phrases can be used for this application, they are few between though extension to extension and you wouldn't want to own a company called "home loans" because its not distinguishable or protectable TM wise.

•••
.com its cheap but if I have the money I'll buy both just to protect my brand

•••
.com its cheap but if I have the money I'll buy both just to protect my brand

If you buy the .com at 3000 your brand is already protected, would you really spend 10 times more for a .love? Normal internet users don't even know it is a domain name. You spend 30.000 to get maybe in one year 30 visits from other domainers. 1000 each click and zero gain. Is maybe better to put a full page ad in some magazines with that money if you have?

Last edited:
•••
If you buy the .com at 3000 your brand is already protected, would you really spend 10 times more for a .love? Normal internet users don't even know it is a domain name. You spend 30.000 to get maybe in one year 30 visits from other domainers. 1000 each click and zero gain. Is maybe better to put a full page ad in some magazines with that money if you have?

Yes i would, i like to dream big

•••
Yes i would, i like to dream big

If you read my first post in this thread you will see I purchased a .com for developing at around $3500 maybe a few hundreds more I dont recall now and I buyed the matching gtld to protect my brand. It was just 100 usd but after one year it didn't bring any traffic. I let it drop, because it was useless. What is the dream in spending 30.000 in a (probably) useless domain for the .com owner?

Is a real question, I dont have all the answers I am seriously interested to hear your thinking about this decision as I may learn something new.

Last edited:
•••
I know all this stuff, but the example of op was with one average domain priced 3500 and another lesser domain priced at 30.000. Generic terms hard to trademark, Nike example is a totally different thing.

But I understand your points

•••
BringLove.com for 300 and bring.love for 9.89

•••
Logical is only two : 1 and 0

Emotional : Unpredicable, change every time

Personal : its your right, no one can control your opinion

Summary : Real Market Value Today

Proper Logical

word.Extension1 vs word.Extension2

Bring. Com vs Bring. Love ( Most of buyers would go to pick Bring.Com)

How about BringLove. Com vs Bring.Love

Its not only logical matters, but more emotional aspect, personal and no one knows what buyers opinion in the future after they taka a lot of time to compare certain extension in new market

•••
Bring.love more catchy than BringLove.com

Bring.love = Domain Hacks

BringLove.com = There is a .com there, maybe the buyer doesn't like it

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back