IT.COM

debate Brexit or Not - What do you guys thinks?

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So, what do you guys think....

Should Britain exit the EU or not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Britain BOOMS after EU vote: Ignore the doom-mongers…it’s good news all round
BRITAIN was boosted by a host of positive economic reports yesterday putting paid to scaremongers who promised a financial crisis if we left the EU.

The Bank of England admitted that it saw “no evidence” of a sharp economic slowdown and the pound gained in strength as a result.

Positive job figures showing unemployment falling and record numbers in work were heralded by new Prime Minister Theresa May.

Average earnings in the year to May were up 2.3per cent, official figures revealed, and mortgage brokers reported a brisk trade from foreign investors.

The FTSE index of the UK’s top 100 companies soared to an 11 month high, closing above the 6,700 mark for the first time since August.

The Bank of England, whose governor Mark Carney warned in May that Brexit was likely “to have a negative impact in the short term” reported that no such impact could be detected.

Lots more to read at: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/691589/Britain-BOOMS-EU-vote-economy-economic-news-Brexit

The misinformation came mostly from the Doom and Gloom crowd. The majority voted to leave.
Don't you guys know how to lose an election? Oh yeah I almost forgot.... liberals can't accept NO for an answer.

Get over it... it's called democracy, something that Angela Merckel and some other EU idiots are having a hard time to accept.

•••
Britain BOOMS after EU vote: Ignore the doom-mongers…it’s good news all round
Lots more to read at: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/691589/Britain-BOOMS-EU-vote-economy-economic-news-Brexit
Ah the British tabloids. Coming from a pro-Brexit tabloid, they are not going to tell you that the outcome is perhaps not so good. Not to mention that the report in question was compiled BEFORE the referendum... The resulting uncertainty has made it much less relevant now.

In the meantime, there are real, immediate consequences on people and businesses:
UK suspended payments from £3bn EU development fund days after Brexit vote

Excerpt:
Roger Vickerman, professor of European economics at Kent University, said that any loss of ERDF funds would hit hardest in areas of the country like Cornwall and the north of England that voted heavily to leave the EU.

"The most significance is on areas that voted most strongly for Brexit – one of the more delicious bits of irony," he said.
This is not surprising at all, because few people understand how the EU functions and what it actually does (and does not). It's not just the EU, few people understand how their national institutions, government, justice, parliament work. Few people know the faces of their elected politicians.
But since the EU has been a scapegoat for so long, voters have finally acted on what they've been told. The real question is: what is the problem we are trying to solve and is this the good way to tackle it.

I have learned one thing in life: people always vote against their best interests, one way or the other. Either by choosing the wrong people, or the wrong policies. Because ignorance always wins.

•••
Are they reconsidering staying in EU?

•••
"no one — literally, no one — is making a bullish case for the post-Brexit economy."
I read this line over breakfast and thought... well, some exiters on NamePros are making a bullish case.

Statistics show Brexit is causing a recession in the UK
http://www.businessinsider.com/statistics-brexit-recession-uk-2016-7

Then I read this: Racism unleashed: 'Explosion of hate' follows Brexit vote ... and thought:

Some Folks Need Therapy. Alien Therapy.

If human immigration drove a "United Kingdom" out of the European Union,
Real Aliens may drive exiters back into the caves.

•••
"no one — literally, no one — is making a bullish case for the post-Brexit economy."
I read this line over breakfast and thought... well, some exiters on NamePros are making a bullish case.

Statistics show Brexit is causing a recession in the UK
http://www.businessinsider.com/statistics-brexit-recession-uk-2016-7

Then I read this: Racism unleashed: 'Explosion of hate' follows Brexit vote ... and thought:

Some Folks Need Therapy. Alien Therapy.

If human immigration drove a "United Kingdom" out of the European Union,
Real Aliens may drive exiters back into the caves.
WOW... another Progressive Liberal who won't accept that the majority voted to leave. Don't you have any respect for the democratic vote? If the vote was rigged or voter fraud is/was detected, then I could understand people bitching and complaining, but nothing of the sort happened. The Brexiters won it fair and square.

Whatever happened to the famous British fair play? Besides, I think it's too early to find out what the consequences of the Brexit will be.... which BTW, hasn't officially happened yet. That will only happen when they trigger Article 50, which I have a sneaking suspicion will not happen

•••
WOW... another Progressive Liberal who won't accept that the majority voted to leave. Don't you have any respect for the democratic vote? If the vote was rigged or voter fraud is/was detected, then I could understand people bitching and complaining, but nothing of the sort happened. The Brexiters won it fair and square.

Whatever happened to the famous British fair play? Besides, I think it's too early to find out what the consequences of the Brexit will be.... which BTW, hasn't officially happened yet. That will only happen when they trigger Article 50, which I have a sneaking suspicion will not happen
Where is he saying he isnt accepting the Brexit vote? He is simply stating that there have been indeed consequences to the british economy since the brexit vote, even though leave voters dont wanna accept it.

Or why did the pound drop so much right after the brexit vote?

•••
The Brexit vote was a conservative construct, put up by a conservative Prime Minister to appease conservative members. It was not Democratic in the usual ballot petition sense. So millions thought it was a conservative party referendum that would determine if the issue would be taken up. Which helps to explain why over 4 million Brits petitioned for their votes to be counted when they realized "what just happened". So Brexit was democratic with a small, conservative, d.

Be that as it May, Brexit is a political illusion, there is no sustainable exit strategy from globalism.

The UK consumes 280% more global resources than it produces. The conservative argument that migrants should go back and develop their own country ignores the fact that it would take the resources of 2.4 Earths to do so. As it is now, developed countries consume more resources that the planet produces.

So be honest, conservatives believe in globalization, but just of the world's natural resources --to support lifestyles were some 40% of those resources are wasted by a form of crass consumerism that loves to sit back, get fat, and watch people in resource stripped countries and communities fight over the remaining crumbs with comments like your usual "look at those animals" stealing and killing each other.

•••
•••
•••
The Brexit vote was a conservative construct, put up by a conservative Prime Minister to appease conservative members. It was not Democratic in the usual ballot petition sense. So millions thought it was a conservative party referendum that would determine if the issue would be taken up. Which helps to explain why over 4 million Brits petitioned for their votes to be counted when they realized "what just happened". So Brexit was democratic with a small, conservative, d.

Be that as it May, Brexit is a political illusion, there is no sustainable exit strategy from globalism.

The UK consumes 280% more global resources than it produces. The conservative argument that migrants should go back and develop their own country ignores the fact that it would take the resources of 2.4 Earths to do so. As it is now, developed countries consume more resources that the planet produces.

So be honest, conservatives believe in globalization, but just of the world's natural resources --to support lifestyles were some 40% of those resources are wasted by a form of crass consumerism that loves to sit back, get fat, and watch people in resource stripped countries and communities fight over the remaining crumbs with comments like your usual "look at those animals" stealing and killing each other.
What you said makes absolutely no sense at all. Please translate it into NORMAL English.

You voted against Brexit... You lost the popular vote, now just put your tail between your legs, swallow your pride and try to accept that other opinions also matter.

Just like I said on previous posts, many will be pushing by every dirty trick in the book, for Brexit NOT to happen, and we can see that happening.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back