information BREAKING | .top topped .xyz

NameSilo
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
BREAKING | .top topped .xyz

this is a historical breaking news.
We knowww that 'top' means 'top'. Therefore, the TLD .top can not be topped in it's meaning by anyyy other TLD.

But nowww & todayyy, according to the website http://www.namestat.org the TLD .top topped the TLD .xyz also by it's number of registrations:

.top | 2,615,724 domains registered
.xyz | 2,579,162 domains registered

So nowww the TLD .top currentlyyy has 36,562 domains more registered than the TLD .xyz

Here is a today's screenshot (marked) of the mentioned website which shows these numbers:

upload_2017-7-15_12-48-27.png

As I 'predicted' in past - and as we can seee nowww - the TLD .top is nowww the most registered newww TLD of all newww TLDs.

But I am sure, that this is still just the beginning - because the TLD .top will also top the TLD .com in it's number of registrations one dayyy like it has topped .com in it's meaning since it's first dayyy

What do you think???
How long it will need until .top will top the TLD .com also by it's registration numbers???
You are wwwelcome to share your viewww

All the best with your invest,
KINGOF.TOP

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think .top will be below .xyz again, within next week.

•••
I think .top will be below .xyz again, within next week.
Watching the current numbers can generate the idea that this will happen.
Nevertheless, I don't think it will happen.

Last edited:
•••
Within 48 hours would be my bet. .Top just dropped +17K names.

•••
Within 48 hours would be my bet. .Top just dropped +17K names.

It is very close now, yes.
But I am not impressed, I still think .top will remain #1

•••
It is a race to the bottom. Does it really matter who is ahead, both are losing registrations.

Brad

•••
(...) Does it really matter who is ahead, both are losing registrations.

Brad
No, it doesn't really matter, because .top will remain .top in any case - so from this view I can only win it.
Nevertheless it's interesting to watch.

Last edited:
•••
You are right, for endusers these numbers don't matter at all... they even don't know about them.

•••
For example, .club already has ~1M - but the same aftermarket silence as it was with ~700K...

•••
We know it all, the most domains (no matter which TLD) are still registered from 'start users' (investors, the 'opposite of end users').

Last edited:
•••
It is a race to the bottom. Does it really matter who is ahead, both are losing registrations.

Brad

As I have had some success selling .xyz (+20 names so far), it kind of matters to me. Not that much which one is ahead, but if they (.xyz in my case) are losing lots of regs etc.

Apart from that, just "the fun" of it...

Last edited:
•••
More important is to know "what" is dropping... what kind/type of names...
Just naked numbers don't say anything... at least to me.

•••

I am checking .xyz drops on a daily basis. 99,9999% are (yes, we knew it already) crap.

•••
One dollar domains or something like that so whichever campaign ran the longest will sell the most cheap names. The advantage top has is a type in. big.top over big.xyz. I haven't bought any of either extension.

•••

I am checking .xyz drops on a daily basis. 99,9999% are (yes, we knew it already) crap.

Not at all. Days/weeks ago expired domains like:

messenger.xyz
butterfly.xyz
guitar.xyz
editor.xyz
cartoon.xyz
cinema.xyz
flower.xyz

and so so on.
"High" quality domains there.
And if someone lets expire these kind of names............

•••
Not at all. Days/weeks ago expired domains like:

messenger.xyz
butterfly.xyz
guitar.xyz
editor.xyz
cartoon.xyz
cinema.xyz
flower.xyz

and so so on.
"High" quality domains there.
And if someone lets expire these kind of names............

These were the 0,00001% good ones among LOADS of crap.

•••
The current .top situation is still the beginning of a huge process which will not end until the world has realized that .top is the worlds new top .topleveldomain - therefore it's still, as always, just a matter of time.

We can invest in .whatever we want - it will not change the fact that the Mount Everest ist the highest mountain on earth.

I realized, that there is a new .top video, watch it here:

http://www.nic.top/movies/topvideo.mp4

•••
•••
It is the Chinese extensions that are losing most regs now. .Top and especially .wang. .Wang lost a quarter of a million regs today. About 40% of all regs. Crazy!

.Xyz is currently actually increasing slowly.

•••
Well, according to the stats*, .xyz is now currently above .top - so @Fancy.domains was right in his assumption above (post #126) - nevertheless .top still is .top and this won't change.

Now the resulting question is:

How long will .xyz stay above .top before it will get topped by .top again (thats what I believe)?

*Source:
http://www.namestat.org

upload_2017-9-20_14-18-49.png

Last edited:
•••
I guess .xyz will stay ahead for a long time ("forever"??!).

If not .top starts another campaign soon.

Time will tell...

•••
A few moments and .top will top .xyz again.

Last edited:
•••
A few moments and .top will top .xyz again.

My prediction is the total opposite. I think .top will go below 2M regs before november, but .xyz will stay above for at least the rest of this year.

•••
But it will also (obviously) depend on any possible "give away" campaigns etc.

•••
My prediction is the total opposite. I think .top will go below 2M regs before november, but .xyz will stay above for at least the rest of this year.
It would not be hard to follow your view - but I am convinced I should continue to follow my own because I can't see .top anywhere else than on the top - that's why .top will top every TLD once the whole 'TLD chaos' has calmed down more.
The currernt .top situation is simply a boxens.top, the race will go on.

Last edited:
•••
China okay with .XYZ registrations.

Last edited:
•••
Back