Dynadot

discuss {Break Time} Have you ever actually developed a domain into a website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
{Break Time} Have you ever actually developed a domain into a website?
Any comments on your experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
(Um ... yeah, but I was a developer long before I was buying / selling domains...)

•••
(Um ... yeah, but I was a developer long before I was buying / selling domains...)

Any comment on which is (generally) more profitable?

•••
Too many factors! Depends on how many domains you sell and what your profit margin is, vs the sites’ earnings.

If you get a site to the point where it earns reliable income, it’s a gift that keeps on giving. Don’t think of it as “developing a domain” but as “building a business.”

But you need to put in some effort to make it work, and some people don’t want to be bothered.

Last edited:
•••

But you need to put in some effort to make it work, and some people don’t want to be bothered.

Your quality feedback is nice, thanks.
..some people don’t want to be bothered...

I (with no regrets) could have built a full-time income from simply selling domains at retail outlets, but the "don’t want to be bothered" details are not something I would want to do all the time.

The Big Dream = When your source of income matches something you Love to do, then life is great. :)

Last edited:
•••
Yes I have developed many (Almost all of my domain names)

The thing is that it takes much more time to maintain/market/run them if you have many domain names.

Just developing for the sake of developing is a waste of time/energy/money.

If you want profit then pick the best domain name and develop and market it as best as you can.

Nowadays I don't even get time to develop my own domain names because I am full time developing for others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back