NameSilo

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Grilled, Feb 20, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Active Member VIP

Unless, BB re-listed at BP hoping to sell for 138K, get about 105K of it after BP commission, then payout about 80K, net profiting $25K :-D

Win-Win-Win ))))))))

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DomainsMaven

DomainsMaven Established Member

They will catch it. Just give few days, they will let you know.

If would go with brandpa. Just my two cents.

3. BrandCougar

BrandCougar Upgraded Member Gold Account

As expected...

The Brandpa version of TagZ was removed last night from the Brandpa site for TOS violation reasons (being listing elsewhere).

Only the BB version now exist and the Brandpa version mentions "Domain not found".

Suggestion - if you intent to move a name from BB to Brandpa, be sure to have it removed from BB 1st before submitting to Brandpa. Jowita has made it clear on the Brandpa Slack channel and also mentioned it earlier on this thread that duplicate listings (listing outside of Brandpa) is a TOS violation for Brandpa published names.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 9:23 AM
  4. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

This isn’t the first time this happened. Recruitable was listed at both sites about 4 to 5 months ago briefly. Brandpa removed it from their site pronto. I can’t believe some people try this. I do see 5 months or so later Recruitable is now at Brandpa only.

5. Domains - Wanted

Domains - Wanted Active Member VIP

I think it's likely an error rather than planning. Managing hundreds or thousands of domains and errors are unavoidable. I speak from experience. My portfolio is about a thousand names and I managed to let BB accepted domains expire :facepalm:

Checking for availability and finding that domains of interest already belong to me is another almost daily occurence. I have barely scratched brandable marketplaces, but can easily see myself making the mistake of submitting and getting a domain published, one I'd previously published in another marketplace :xf.wink:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 12:22 PM
  6. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah I try to double check all my name listings but the problem sometimes is the previous owner leaves it at Afternic or somewhere. I had this happen recently and Afternic isn't removing or even responding to my emails about the names.

A question is if a name got suspended from the previous owner is it still listable on BP? I see more names posted here on NP for sale that will probably be suspended soon so was curious how this works. I am not in the slack channel so am posting here for all to see.

7. Recons.Com

Just got a message in my Brandpa dashboard that the limit is now 10 names per week. Is everyone seeing this?

8. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes

9. DomainsMaven

DomainsMaven Established Member

Got a same message.

10. Recons.Com

@Jowita Emberton

That is a drastic change to go from 70 names to 35 to 10 per week within few months. Would love to know the reason for this.

Bottleneck with the sales not catching up with the increase in inventory? Because I assume other bottlenecks could easily be handled by hiring more personnel.

11. Arfhan Shah

Arfhan Shah Established Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 8:06 AM
  12. karmaco

A little hard to forget that you changed your name servers to two different brandable marketplaces in the same week or so😏

13. karmaco

I don’t take big issue with them throttling submissions. The site has grown very quickly this year and I allready have a lot of listed and accepted names. I am sure it is to make sure the submissions are of a certain quality and that you have to select your better names to submit not just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

14. Domains - Wanted

Actually, we have no domains published at either marketplace. Yet! :xf.wink:

15. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Established Member

Might also be a good way to get people to submit only their best domains.

16. Jv1999

Jv1999 Learned Squire of the Tower VIP

I just got this error too. I feel like I contributed to the drastic change. Last week I was submitting the full 5 domains / 24 hours.

17. Domains - Wanted

I think BB went with the optimal solution, introducing a small $1 submission fee and waiving (at least for now) their publishing fee (y)

Surprised BP hasn't followed suit... yet! :xf.wink:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 1:30 PM
  18. Jv1999

Yeah. That was honestly a great move for both sellers and buyers.

Because then it's up to you whether you spend too much or not. If you get good at figuring out brandables, then that kind of system rocks and you'll be spending only $10 to get 2+ names published.

Then spammers and resource-eating ppl who submit and submit (sometimes without even registering first) end up actually "funding" bb, because they'll be paying more and more $$$ without anything getting accepted. That solved their spam and time-consuming problems :D.

If brandpa implements this, it would be cool. I'm pretty sure most of us on this thread can get at least 2 domains accepted per $10. I would rather have this system and have them allow unlimited submissions.. Than this weird 10 domain per week thing. What if the cheat code coopon stops working lel? :D OMG. We might have a huge list of domains we wanted to reggae, but only do 10 per week, then bam, no more one dolla

19. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Established Member

I'm sure they will play with the numbers and fine tune it. Too many alphabet-soup domains and not enough of them selling. Probably too much work for the BP team.

20. Deepak Bhandari

Deepak Bhandari Established Member

Same error now only limited 😏

21. domainer111

domainer111 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Got this message as well. They are going the opposite route of BrandBucket for the time being. Possibly this will lead to better inventory for them as everyone will really be careful with their submissions. Very interesting move.

22. BrandCougar

BrandCougar Upgraded Member Gold Account

Weekly vs. Daily --- I like the "Weekly" model better as it allows a more efficient submit process (once a week) versus constantly having to go to the site each day.

35 per week vs.10 per week --- a 250% drop is a bit steep, would have preferred a lesser drop.

I do like that Brandpa is throttling submissions to avoid inventory glut and (more important) to ensure Sell-Thru-Rates keeps in par with inventory growth.

An alternative approach might be... New Members start with a lower rate (ex: 10 per week) while Experienced Members who've reached their 1 year anniversary get their rate bumped (ex: 20 per week).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM
  23. Jv1999

I think the limit should be based on acceptance rating versus how old you are.

for example, a veteran who spams BP with names that get rejected should have the 10 weekly limit. Then u have a noob who has a 50% acceptance rate... they should have a higher weekly limit that has the chance of goign down if their acceptance rate drops.

But then again, the problem is inventory. So that's why it's 10 per week for everyone.

24. karmaco

I was not talking about you I was talking about a few people who list names at both Brandpa and Brandbucket. Not so accidental when you have to point your name servers at each place to get your name through the publishing process.

25. domainer111

domainer111 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I think if you have a good sales record you should be allowed to submit more. But you start off the same and have to earn your way.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: