Dynadot

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks. It is good quality portfolio.

Half of it, from what I can tell is crypto, 4L and similar. I'd say those are either niche or marketplaces don't do much better for rather than just having landing page or adding to afternic or both. I have about I have 3 sales out of 75 names with BP within about 9 months (23 more names in the pipeline), but no 4L, although was thinking of adding it. And I don't have token/crypto and similar names.

But overall, due to quality, sales will come.

You can check my names here:

https://brandpa.com/sellers/recons

Thanks for sharing.

You are better man than me. I like to try few different things but not enough time. Busy with family and work.

I will update you guys but end of this year in regard to sales or if i try something else.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and support.

Happy Domaining...

•••
I recently published some names on brandpa and one of the names now showing "transferred" please can someone explain that to me??

Thanks

•••
@Veneris - did you purchase the name form another Brandpa member and have them transfer it to your BP account?

I have seen the "transferred" box next to names I have purchased from other BP members.

I hope the feedback is helpful.

•••
It means only that someone else submitted and got credit for submitting that name and transferred it to you. The system keeps track of how many names everyone submits.

•••
@Veneris - did you purchase the name form another Brandpa member and have them transfer it to your BP account?

I have seen the "transferred" box next to names I have purchased from other BP members.

I hope the feedback is helpful.

Thanks for the swift reply @BrandCougar.

No I didn't purchase name from any seller. I submitted/listed the name myself. I was thinking same thing too as per your suggestion but name was listed by me.

Last edited:
•••
That’s a new one @Veneris If you are on Slack ask there. It seems like someone else submitted and did not keep or register the name maybe back to when people could submit unregistered. They might have submitted got accepted and never listed it.

•••
I have been on BP for 15 months and have 48 names listed now - I have sold 6 names

Last edited:
•••
I have been on BP for 15 months and have 48 names listed now - I have sold 6 names

Do you mind sharing your portfolio and the domains you have sold?

•••
Could anybody tell me do Brandpa allow bulk submissions and what's the best way of going about this?

•••
Could anybody tell me do Brandpa allow bulk submissions and what's the best way of going about this?

I believe their current policy is 5 submissions per day.

•••
Thanks for the swift reply @BrandCougar.

No I didn't purchase name from any seller. I submitted/listed the name myself. I was thinking same thing too as per your suggestion but name was listed by me.
I have such a status for one of my names. It was a dropped domain that had been listed on BP previously. I simply pointed it to BP and requested BP team to add it to my account. It then showed as "Transferred"

•••
Started listing in Feb I have 17 names listed still 0 sales.. For someone who sells a lot of domains I am getting discouraged with brandable marketplaces. Still waiting bp:cautious::guilty:

•••
Started listing in Feb I have 17 names listed still 0 sales.. For someone who sells a lot of domains I am getting discouraged with brandable marketplaces. Still waiting bp:cautious::guilty:

17 is too small of a sample size. Let's say BP does 4% sell through. Which still means for each name chance of not selling is 96%. For half a year, it would be 98%. For 17 names, the chance of zero sales is 71%.

If you had 50 names, the chance of zero sales would be 36%.

With 100 names, 13%.

If you want regular sales with marketplaces, you need names in hundreds.

•••
17 is too small of a sample size. Let's say BP does 4% sell through. Which still means for each name chance of not selling is 96%. For half a year, it would be 98%. For 17 names, the chance of zero sales is 71%.

If you had 50 names, the chance of zero

If you want regular sales with marketplaces, you need names in hundreds.

Sales ain't allways about a numbers game. I can crush 1000 hand regs with 100 quality names any day of the week. I have gotten offers on a few of the names I listed and I am pretty sure I would have moved one of them on my own by now.

I'll just yank them off of there FYI I move domains at a way higher percentage then 4% a year

•••
Sales ain't allways about a numbers game. I can crush 1000 hand regs with 100 quality names any day of the week. I have gotten offers on a few of the names I listed and I am pretty sure I would have moved one of them on my own by now.

I'll just yank them off of there FYI I move domains at a way higher percentage then 4% a year

Great for you. Then what is the point of adding to marketplaces for you?

I only add the brandable type names to those and keep the names that I think I can get similar rate or similar price as them.

•••
Great for you. Then what is the point of adding to marketplaces for you?

I only add the brandable type names to those and keep the names that I think I can get similar rate or similar price as them.
I was thinking my names would stand out end sell better then others. Guess I was wrong. I was also testing their marketplace out. After dealing with brandbucket I was looking for a better experience.

Fyi To say you need 100s names to make sale is 13% or what ever is complete bs you just need the right names u can have 1 name.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking my names would stand out end sell better then others. Guess I was wrong. I was also testing their marketplace out. After dealing with brandbucket I was looking for a better experience.

Fyi To say you need 100s names to make sale is 13% or what ever is complete bs you just need the right names u can have 1 name.

Yes, for some people Math is BS. Also, Science is BS, the Earth is flat and the Sun goes around it.

And, also, what I wrote was that if one had 100 names there the probability of not making a single sale during half a year would have been 13% (meaning, 87% chance of 1 or more sales).

•••
Yes, for some people Math is BS. Also, Science is BS, the Earth is flat and the Sun goes around it.

And, also, what I wrote was that if one had 100 names there the probability of not making a single sale during half a year would have been 13% (meaning, 87% chance of 1 or more sales).[/QUOTE

/QUOTE]
No just what your saying is bs. Have a nice night[

Math works the earth is a globe science is correct
Your stats are crap. Have a nice night

Last edited:
•••
Math works the earth is a globe science is right
what your saying is bs. Have a nice night

If math works and you know how to work a spreadsheet or calculator, try this:

(1-4%/2)^100

You have a nice one too.

•••
If math works and you know how to work a spreadsheet or calculator, try this:

(1-4%/2)^100

You have a nice one too.

Math alone cannot dictate what domain sells!!!!!!!

So do you math your self.

I am done with the pissing contest if you would like to have the last words be my guest

Last edited:
•••
Math alone cannot dictate what domain sells!!!!!!!

So do you math your self.

I am done with the pissing contest

The factor of "non-math", including the quality of the domain, its exposure to marketplace(s) etc. is already included in the 4% assumption which is the factor of the above and pricing elasticity.

But, yes, apparently, ignorance is a bliss and I shouldn't be wasting my time with you leaving you in that state of mind.

•••
The factor of "non-math", including the quality of the domain, its exposure to marketplace(s) etc. is already included in the 4% assumption which is the factor of the above and pricing elasticity.

But, yes, apparently, ignorance is a bliss and I shouldn't be wasting my time with you leaving you in that state of mind.

KEYWORD ASSUMPTION!!!!! your assumption stats :xf.laugh::ROFL:

I'm really trying to leave this conversation but you continue to make me laugh

•••
If I have say 150 names and someone else has 17 it stands to reason if the names are of same caliber I have higher odds of selling sooner. Nothing to dispute here it’s pretty straightforward.

Selling and selling for end user prices are two very different things. The second naturally takes longer on any marketplace.

•••
Very happy to announce that I finalized my first sale with BrandPa today!

BrandPa was fantastic throughout the process. Being my first domain sale ever, I did not have the best understanding on the process of selling and transferring a domain. BrandPa helped me step-by-step, no issues at all. High quality content and even better customer service!

•••
Very happy to announce that I finalized my first sale with BrandPa today!

BrandPa was fantastic throughout the process. Being my first domain sale ever, I did not have the best understanding on the process of selling and transferring a domain. BrandPa helped me step-by-step, no issues at all. High quality content and even better customer service!
Congratulations
How many domain did you have with them??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back