IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

NameSilo
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations
How many domain did you have with them??

Thank you! I have 7 currently listed. I have submitted 40, but only 8 have been accepted overall. I'm a lot more particular with my submissions now.

•••
Thank you! I have 7 currently listed. I have submitted 40, but only 8 have been accepted overall. I'm a lot more particular with my submissions now.
Average time you listed and the date sold??

•••
Very happy to announce that I finalized my first sale with BrandPa today!

BrandPa was fantastic throughout the process. Being my first domain sale ever, I did not have the best understanding on the process of selling and transferring a domain. BrandPa helped me step-by-step, no issues at all. High quality content and even better customer service!
Domain Name?

•••
•••
•••
I notice that Brandpa specifies the length and age of each domain. Is there a point to providing this information? Either the buyer likes the domain or they don't. If anything, providing age information makes most of the domains on the site look less appealing. Plus, buyers can judge for themselves whether the domain is too long for them. Breaking down the number of characters/syllables and suggesting that domains over X characters are less than great length-wise is pedantic in my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Cash in hand... is worth 50 "brandables" in a (probability) bush!

While I agree that Mitchell could of... should of... would of... I say CONGRATS and no reason to manage your domaining business in the rear view mirror.

Congrats @Mitchell Hengesbach

Last edited:
•••
woo-hoo just got my first domains accepted at BrandPa!

On the domain forwarding from godaddy and name.com -- can I ask the contributors how does this work at BrandPa .. is it better to use DNS?

I setup forwarding but I've a feeling it will take a while.

•••
Congrats! The domain probably could have sold for a similar price at Undeveloped, with less commission owed.

Very true, the commission is slightly high at BrandPa (25%). Although the logo design and hands-on customer service was worth it. I couldn't be happier :)

•••
Cash in hand... is worth 50 "brandables" in a (probability) bush!

While I agree that Mitchell could of... should of... would of... I say CONGRATS and no reason to manage your domaining business in the rear view mirror.

Congrats @Mitchell Hengesbach

Life is full of could of, should of, would of lol. If I held for a few years, could probably make double or triple what I got, but I'll use the money I received today and re-invest. Spend money to make money :)

Thanks for the shout out!

•••
woo-hoo just got my first domains accepted at BrandPa!

On the domain forwarding from godaddy and name.com -- can I ask the contributors how does this work at BrandPa .. is it better to use DNS?

I setup forwarding but I've a feeling it will take a while.

Once you setup the forwarding, it should be "pointed" to BrandPa instantly.

•••
Another domain accepted at Brandpa. That's 4 in a row. Let the good times keep rolling!

•••
Another domain accepted at Brandpa. That's 4 in a row. Let the good times keep rolling!

Hi Mitchell, could I ask you what is a good sales rate at Brandpa in % terms? I'm impressed the way they ask the submitter to fill in the keywords and categories rather than trying to do that themselves. That is very logical use of time.

•••
Hi Mitchell, could I ask you what is a good sales rate at Brandpa in % terms? I'm impressed the way they ask the submitter to fill in the keywords and categories rather than trying to do that themselves. That is very logical use of time.

That's actually a new feature that Brandpa rolled out 1-2 months ago. In the past, Brandpa would do all of that, but they are giving the user more customization during the development of the logo, pricing, and overall listing. It currently takes 195 days on average, based on all the current domains listed by Brandpa, to sell one domain. That number of course could be much higher or lower depending on the overall quality of your domain. I don't know the exact average percentage of domains that sell on Brandpa.

•••
@domainer111 -

They announced in early 2018 that their yearly results for 2017 was a 6.4 % sell-thru-rate based on DSO - Days Sales Outstanding. [aka - Days Sales Listed]

Brandpa has not provided a 2018 YTD (Year-to-Date) sell-thru update to my knowledge.

For a "brandables" marketplace, their growth in the marketplace has been impressive and their customer service is top notch. Additionally, their systems approach to seller engagement is unique in that they proactively provide updates during the listing process known as Stage updates and publish (real-time) benchmarks on their seller's Dashboard pages to help set timeline expectations with sellers.

Last edited:
•••
@domainer111 -

They announced in early 2018 that their yearly results for 2017 was a 6.4 % sell-thru-rate based on DSO - Days Sales Outstanding. [aka - Days Sales Listed]

Brandpa has not provided a 2018 YTD (Year-to-Date) sell-thru update to my knowledge.

For a "brandables" marketplace, their growth in the marketplace has been impressive and their customer service is top notch. Additionally, their systems approach to seller engagement is unique in that they proactively provide updates during the listing process known as Stage updates and publish (real-time) benchmarks on their seller's Dashboard pages to help set timeline expectations with sellers.

wow that is a great sell through rate @BrandCougar thanks for sharing. I do like the flow of the submission process. Great idea everyone does the keywords for the domain.

•••
What does everyone think about some of the domain pricing of late?

I find some valuations bizarre. Are these really what BP thinks will sell or are the owners allowed to select any price they want now?

Couple of examples:

Shiv//aya//com - $84 995
Calc//ic//com - $14 395

•••
Two of my names were listed less than 48 hours after payment..
This is super.

•••
What does everyone think about some of the domain pricing of late?

I find some valuations bizarre. Are these really what BP thinks will sell or are the owners allowed to select any price they want now?

Couple of examples:

Shiv//aya//com - $84 995
Calc//ic//com - $14 395

Are you sure this are recent? Until recently, you could suggest your own price there. Now BP suggests a price and you can change it by 20% or need additional approval if above.

•••
Are you sure this are recent? Until recently, you could suggest your own price there. Now BP suggests a price and you can change it by 20% or need additional approval if above.

Sorry I meant that some of the recent domains that had gone live. Not that there was a recent change to policy on naming. I am not aware of any change other than the 20% like you say.
I was posing the question, are these BP valuations or have the owners suggested the prices first?
And I was wondering what other people thought of prices like this.

•••
I also didn't realize Brandpa and Brandbucket had waived their exclusivity terms.
Tagz//com is listed on both sites now!

•••
I also didn't realize Brandpa and Brandbucket had waived their exclusivity terms.
Tagz//com is listed on both sites now!

@bowskie -

To my knowledge they haven't.

And @Jowita (of Brandpa) has made it perfectly clear in both the BP Slack channel, as well as on this NP thread, that if a name listed on Brandpa is also listed elsewhere, the Brandpa listing will be permanently removed.

•••
@bowskie -

To my knowledge they haven't.

And @Jowita (of Brandpa) has made it perfectly clear in both the BP Slack channel, as well as on this NP thread, that if a name listed on Brandpa is also listed elsewhere, the Brandpa listing will be permanently removed.

I liked how BB was handling this. They'd check against Afternic, for example, and notify if you accidentally left the name hanging there or someone who owned it before has it there.

But I have never seen a name listed across two brandable marketplaces.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back