IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brandpa should add hide/pause domain button so domainers can auction BP domains here on Namepros , Jowita had removed some domains which were auctioned here.
Domainer to domainer domain selling should be allowed by BP otherwise it will reduce domainer chance of earning money.

•••
Brandpa should add hide/pause domain button so domainers can auction BP domains here on Namepros , Jowita had removed some domains which were auctioned here.
Domainer to domainer domain selling should be allowed by BP otherwise it will reduce domainer chance of earning money.

Yes this has been discussed in here before. Will those names be listable still by new owners?

•••
Yes this has been discussed in here before. Will those names be listable still by new owners?
Still there is no Instructions in this regard but Jowita has Removed one domain today which was auctioned here in Fixed Price section.Instant Action. With such Severe actions BP might loose some interest in domainers.

•••
yesterday, when I saw this 10 per week, it said I can add in 12 hours or so. I gave it almost 17 hours and went in to add names and got this:

"Sorry, but you can only submit 10 domains per weekly. Try again in 23 hours 3 minutes".

Not sure now how this works at all.

@Jowita Emberton

•••
It is allowed (on the slack group). I hope that BP does not allow published name trading outside of the (private) Slack group!

•••
It is allowed (on the slack group). I hope that BP does not allow published name trading outside of the (private) Slack group!
Can you send link of slack group? I am not known of this thing.

•••
Can you send link of slack group? I am not known of this thing.
I cannot. It is invite only. Please reach out to BP support as they are the only ones who can send invites.

•••
Just got a message in my Brandpa dashboard that the limit is now 10 names per week. Is everyone seeing this?

Might also be a good way to get people to submit only their best domains.
Still if someone is eager to submit many, who can ever stop him to create new accounts for all his family members?

•••
You can sell your names privately- example someone starts a thread asking for Brandpa names

You can remove your names then sell

You can sell your names on Slack Channel which you only get on when you have a certain number of accepted/listed names forgot what that number is

•••
If you read the apply to be seller page they are being more choosy with new sellers moving forward.

•••
yesterday, when I saw this 10 per week, it said I can add in 12 hours or so. I gave it almost 17 hours and went in to add names and got this:

"Sorry, but you can only submit 10 domains per weekly. Try again in 23 hours 3 minutes".

Not sure now how this works at all.

@Jowita Emberton

And here we go again. Now, after a day+, it says:

Sorry, but you can only submit 10 domains per weekly. Try again in 20 hours 15 minutes.

•••
I can tell you people that Brandpa designer are worthless,, They have made a logo for one of my name. I wish I could have told my 12 year old Nephew to make that logo for me. :punch::punch::punch::punch:

•••
Can someone tell me currently how many names that are listed on the brandpa site?

•••
•••
I can tell you people that Brandpa designer are worthless,, They have made a logo for one of my name. I wish I could have told my 12 year old Nephew to make that logo for me. :punch::punch::punch::punch:

There are some great ones and a couple that are bad.

•••
You can sell your names privately- example someone starts a thread asking for Brandpa names

You can remove your names then sell

You can sell your names on Slack Channel which you only get on when you have a certain number of accepted/listed names forgot what that number is
I would say 15 names listed on your own (not transfer). I just got invitation last week.

•••
There is a poll over at Slack about the designers I encourage everyone to go share their experiences with the designers of our logos.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I am not in the Slack channel, but I want to say that Brandpa's logos are top quality, especially when compared with the rest of the marketplaces. The logos done for me so far are perfect and the logos I observed are also done nicely.

IMO the only thing they need to improve is to restrict the designers from using one design on multiple domains.

https://brandpa.com/name/betcredible
https://brandpa.com/name/imobox
https://brandpa.com/name/packrs
https://brandpa.com/name/buxwise

So you are suggesting a monopoly over a shape for the first name that gets to use it?

One triangle, one cube, one circle, one sphere etc.? ))

•••
•••
You know that's impossible, mate.
Let me post another example so you don't get me wrong.

https://brandpa.com/name/sersk
https://brandpa.com/name/odeho
https://brandpa.com/name/hantra
https://brandpa.com/name/dhoa

Good point man, I haven't spot that practice until you pointed out.

Indeed, the first 3 logos are way way to similar and none of them stucked in my head.
The 2nd and the 3rd one share even the same font and color, the background
is just a slightly different nuance.

Faster is not always good!

•••
•••
When BrandPa rejcts a domain name, is this permanent? Or do they review past rejections from time to time? BrandBucket has an option to appeal rejections (I tried it a few times and it worked, my previously rejected domains were accepted). BrandPa doesn't have this option, do they?

•••
When BrandPa rejcts a domain name, is this permanent? Or do they review past rejections from time to time? BrandBucket has an option to appeal rejections (I tried it a few times and it worked, my previously rejected domains were accepted). BrandPa doesn't have this option, do they?

You can submit a support ticket regarding the rejected name to have it reviewed.

And I am pretty sure that it is/would be possible to re-submit names at a later date, should circumstances have changed, that would give it a better chance of acceptance. E.g. A similar name to yours has been sold already or removed from the marketplace.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back