NameSilo

BrandBucket to launch BrandNewName.com - Crowd-sourcing platform

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Abdullah Abdullah, Jan 23, 2020.

Replies:
Views:

1. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

Go to the SH page and see. When many premium domains are submitted to contests, most receive low rating just because of the price. Most look for unregistered names, it is not just my experience and many others share and see that.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account VIP

I meant how did you know that buyers only buy in installments and that there are no big spenders? I saw some big sales on their featured sales list, some over $70k and I remember there was a sale over $100k.

3. Abdullah Abdullah

I was expecting you would quote those sales. How many? 2, 3? One word English names? No surprise there actually. I see sellers here posting they sold a name for 6 , 12 , months installments etc, when in fact it most of the time costs less thank 2K or just prices. Other sales happen of course, outright sales in the same prices, but I have seen a lot of installments. So this tells you the buyers of SH and their preferences.

4. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account VIP

You can disable installments.. if the buyer really wants the name he will buy in cash, as you said $2k price is affordable and I dont think installments will affect the buyer decision to buy or not, if it is $100k price then installments will definitely help big time.

5. Abdullah Abdullah

Yes it is affordable, however, it goes to show what the buyers want to offer. Looking at their recent sales, you can see the names which got sold with installments and which where sold outright.

6. hookbox

hookbox Top Contributor VIP

7. Abdullah Abdullah

Once you login , you see the recent sales. Also, the reseller marketplace sales shown seperately

8. jamesall

jamesall BrandEntrance.com Gold Account VIP

Some of the designers at Squadhelp are really great. Underpaid, but great.

9. eyedomainous

eyedomainous Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Not a fan of the name, either. Then again, I think 'Squad Help' is ass-backwards, and not much better the other way around.

Back in 2013, I set-up a site and pitched the ideal of a domain, logo and video service for startups,
    called Startupurl.com -- got no traction. Not even a pitch reply from a Startup Domain Fest.

Glad to see the market blossoming, though these models are not for me. But you can't close a Squad Help account once opened. So I'm chained to the squad... like a slave chain gang they can work to profit from its 'member base'. Of course that violates the law, and the dignity of a 'domainer' -which is sadly ironic.

10. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

https://graphosproduct.com/creating...l&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-104007034

Andreas: Now, we do it all the time, but everyone in marketing has said, “Someone needs to write a book about this.” Jeremy Miller has written a brand new book called “Brand New Name: A Proven, Step-by-Step Process to Create an Unforgettable Brand Name.” The book codifies the brand naming process and guides you on ways to think about a name. There are abstract names, concrete names, acronyms, and more. Jeremy Miller’s approach to naming a brand has a lot in common with how we think about and develop and execute naming strategies for our own clients at Graphos Product. So it was a pleasure to just drop the list of questions, and talk shop about a really critical first step for a new business or product.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice