NameSilo

Brandbucket might try to muffle up data?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • It Just a temporary change for the time being

vote
    2.3%
  • The change is put in place as a measure to make it less clear on what domains actually sold

votes
    34.9%
  • It’s just a bug

votes
    0.0%
  • Change is put in place to make customers think the name is still available

votes
    7.0%
  • I don’t care

votes
    55.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact

My prediction: Brandbucket thinks removing sold domain ribbon would prevent Brandbucket watchdogs from knowing which domains actually sold.

Example:

Previous:

nFiiYdZ.png

Current:

ob8VpLk.png

What is your prediction?

a.) It Just a temporary change for the time being

b.) The change is put in place as a measure to make it less clear on what domains actually sold

c.) It’s just a bug

d.) Change is put in place to make customers think the name is still available and after making an inquiry brandbucket will suggest an alternative name to the potential buyers

e.) I don’t care.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A bit off-topic , but I believe Namebio should follow a similar approach as Brandroot suggested.

Is it the sale price that you feel should be hidden or the fact the domain name was sold through a particular marketplace?

I think Namerific has the best approach to this. They have a dedicated page that proudly features their clients. As a domainer, this let's us know the type of domains that sell on their marketplace, and it keeps the sales price confidential to protect their buyer.

https://www.namerific.com/clients

Last edited:
•••
I always wondered why sellers would mind making public how much they spent on a domain name.
So they paid for the name $3K, so what does it say about them? Why is it harming? Except for resellers, have never received a request from a buyer to keep the sale price info private.

When you go buy a $500 suit... don't you think you are less motivated to spend this sum, when you know the store only paid $20 to have it made ?

•••
Is it the sale price that you feel should be hidden or the fact the domain name was sold through a particular marketplace?

The sale price. It can be used against you.

Some times buyers will mention Estibot appraisals, but these are mostly robotic speculations, while completed sales are facts.

•••
When you go buy a $500 suit... don't you think you are less motivated to spend this sum, when you know the store only paid $20 to have it made ?

I have sold hundreds of names, never a buyer has brought forward the argument of how much I have paid.

"Cheap" buyers will just assume you have handregged it and are reaping them off by asking anything above $xx.

If anything, NB has helped me with sales, as I can always find good comps from there to help me better price my name and give comfort to buyer that he is paying the market rate for sales.

Also, again NB does not report sales below $100.

•••
I have sold hundreds of names, never a buyer has brought forward the argument of how much I have paid.

Never happened to me either, but fellow domainers said it has happened to them.

If anything, NB has helped me with sales, as I can always find good comps from there to help me better price my name and give comfort to buyer that he is paying the market rate for sales.

Agree 100%. NB is an invaluable tool. But they could make the sales less open to the public, if they want to help domainers.

•••
Never happened to me either, but fellow domainers said it has happened to them.

Agree 100%. NB is an invaluable tool. But they could make the sales less open to the public, if they want to help domainers.

I actually copy paste the live links from NP for my comp table for them to be able to click and verify that the sales happened recently in the mentioned ranges )

But my point was more for buyers from brandable marketplaces, like BB and BR.

Why would they care to hide that they paid $1500 to $10,000 per name (in 95%+ cases)? How does it hurt their brand?

•••
Why would they care to hide that they paid $1500 to $10,000 per name (in 95%+ cases)? How does it hurt their brand?

I think it doesn't. Still some buyers would prefer to keep this info to themselves.

•••

"Cheap" buyers will just assume you have handregged it and are reaping them off by asking anything above $xx.

Also, again NB does not report sales below $100.

I support that 100%

same with me
I sold hundreds of domain

never ever
past sale price were put against me
its simply never an argument brought up

and I am pretty sure I would have an answer to that person, so he never tries again

those people are simply trying to get the price down
you don't need to argue with them
just ignore it or better have a good lough

but past sales prices helped me well
to argue my prices up when I needed it

past sales prices are completely irrelevant
as the price development of domains is so fast
and every domain is different

best example today in china a 4l.com CHIP sold at
$17K USD - 114.000 yuan ( xxmm.com )
and we all know prices are falling from the sky..

Last edited:
•••
Why doesn't BB hire @Dnbolt? Oh, I forgot it all goes to marketing. ;)

•••

To protect the brand image of our buyers, your IP will be banned from our site and any scrapes will be fed false information

Perhaps any data already scraped from BrandRoot was false all along? As you know, if you're reporting false sales on your site, this would be considered shill marketing.

I haven't even begun fact checking the information DNBolt has reported but I scraped this from Google...

Oddly enough, DNBolt's data stops alphabetically at TreeDrog so Tribora has yet to be added to their data.

upload_2016-4-16_0-33-15.png

https://www.brandroot.com/names/sold/tribora

upload_2016-4-16_0-37-12.png

This could very well be a coincidence but why would the buyer buy a domain from BrandRoot and let it drop? Does this happen often?

upload_2016-4-16_0-41-19.png

I found this "sale" suspicious because I am the new owner of Tribora, and I currently have it listed on BrandBucket.

upload_2016-4-16_0-53-0.png

Furthermore, BrandRoot, is publishing my currently BrandBucket published domain as once sold on their site. Do I have to ask you to take that reported sale down? If it was actually a reported sale than by all means, report it so it will have a sales history. But if this is a fake sale, I don't want any part of this scheme.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps any data already scraped from BrandRoot was false all along? As you know, if you're reporting false sales on your site, this would be considered shill marketing.

I haven't even begun fact checking the information DNBolt has reported but I scraped this from Google...

Oddly enough, DNBolt's data stops alphabetically at TreeDrog so Tribora has yet to be added to their data.

Show attachment 28663

https://www.brandroot.com/names/sold/tribora

Show attachment 28665

This could very well be a coincidence but why would the seller buy a domain from BrandRoot and let it drop? Does this happen often?

Show attachment 28666

I found this "sale" suspicious because I am the new owner of Tribora, and I currently have it listed on BrandBucket.

Show attachment 28667

Furthermore, BrandRoot, is publishing my currently BrandBucket published domain as once sold on their site. Do I have to ask you to take that reported sale down? If it was actually a reported sale than by all means, report it so it will have a sales history. But if this is a fake sale, I don't want any part of this scheme.

You are one very cynical person I must say. As with many of your other posts you seem to always assume the worst in people.

No, we have never marked a name as sold that didn't sell through Brandroot, and yes we have had more than a few people who have allowed their purchased domains to expire.

And we have also had several people buy a name and never claim it. There are 6 unclaimed sales this year alone. They never respond and they never reach out to us to collect their domain. We think these are laypeople who are are purchasing just for the logo (which is automatically emailed to them after purchase). We attract many uninformed entrepreneur enthusiasts who purchase impulsively when they fall in love with one of our logos (so it seems). We are also still sitting on several names that sold in prior years.

This particular name, Tribora, sold on Jan 24th, 2014 for $1,123. I have removed this sold name from Brandroot. We do not track what our buyers do with their names over the years. A simple request before jumping to conclusions about the integrity of a business would have be wiser.

If you've been in the domain industry long enough you'll start to come by a lot of domains that look really familiar.

•••
..yes we have had more than a few people who have allowed their purchased domains to expire.

And we have also had several people buy a name and never claim it. There are 6 unclaimed sales this year alone. They never respond and they never reach out to us to collect their domain. ...

if that happens
when do you pay a seller?

•••
Show attachment 28667

Brandroot is publishing your currently BrandBucket published domain as once sold on their site?

Then their trust worthiness and integrity of their business model must be further questioned.

•••
You are one very cynical person I must say. As with many of your other posts you seem to always assume the worst in people.

You may have won the battle, but aggressive responses like this won't win the war. I've been very cynical toward BrandBucket because I held them to the highest of standards. I had no idea how low these standards were at BrandRoot.

No matter what cynical accusation I threw at BrandBucket, they always had the professionalism to treat me with the utmost respect. I will be sure to sincerely thank them for all their hard work and professionalism.

Here's a thread you started in which you assumed the worse in one of your sellers.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/warning-against-a-member.836920/

A simple request before jumping to conclusions about the integrity of a business would have be wiser.

You're right. I should have continued sifting through the data before jumping to a conclusion and posting it. I thank you for clarifying the sale. The date you gave matched up with historical screenshots.

Last edited:
•••
No, we have never marked a name as sold that didn't sell through Brandroot, and yes we have had more than a few people who have allowed their purchased domains to expire.

Yup, happens a lot. Maybe the business didn't work or the buyer didn't end up using the domain.

If you've been in the domain industry long enough you'll start to come by a lot of domains that look really familiar.

Definitely!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back