IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm also having some problems, wondering if I should contact or not. :xf.frown:
What problems are you having? A minor problem I might be able to help with.

A major problem, email [email protected], they are usually pretty quick to help out.

•••
Should I list LLLL .com on BB? I have been tried to list 3 domains 4L .com, now I wonder that I should keep ahead ...or...because I have seen the sales of 4L.com on BB not much great... Please give me some advice. Thank you.

•••
It's true folks, accepted names can no longer be pushed from one BB seller to another. However, there are two work-arounds:
  1. The obvious one..... pay the publishing fee and add $10 on to your sale price
  2. Sell the accepted domain and ask the new owner to resubmit it for review. It will be accepted a 2nd time and then the new owner can publish it.
Happy Holidays! :couchpotato:

•••
BrandBucket sent out a Seller's Newsletter today. If you are a BB seller and did NOT receive the newsletter please email [email protected] to get on the mailing list.

Cheers!

•••
Looks like brandclub changed it's mind with brandbucket

•••
Sold B/r/a/n/d/e/l/i/t/y on BB yesteryday.

•••
•••
I submitted ten with no luck sadly, in my humble opinion there not all that clever the names listed. some of it seems contradictory as far as being eligible.
But I'm not a lungyist expert. ;)

•••
How many names did they have?

Didn't check, just got an alert that they pulled away big chunks of names from BB Platform. I checked and saw it was true.

Last edited:
•••
Didn't check, just got an alert that they pulled away big chunks of names from BB Platform. I checked and saw it was true.

I could be wrong because sometimes it doesn't necessarily mean that, could be a forwarding issue etc. But good to keep an eye as things usually fall through cracks and you got's be ready to catch it. :-P

Last edited:
•••
So brandbucket want $10 to list the domain, and then a 30% commission on top. Forget that, think ill stick with sedo/afternic

•••
So brandbucket want $10 to list the domain, and then a 30% commission on top. Forget that, think ill stick with sedo/afternic
Yeah, do that. Less competition for me.

ps...don't forget cost of logo.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, do that. Less competition for me.

ps...don't forget cost of logo.

Competition? If someone want your name they will find it regardless of where it is.

•••
Competition? If someone want your name they will find it regardless of where it is.
Exactly, so then why list it where you give up 30% plus logo fees which makes it closer to 40% when chances are the buyer just followed the link to wherever it may be for sale? $1,995 was a great price point but you just gave up more than 600 bucks for nothing. Names that are true made up names, 4,5,6,7 letters etc...most of the time are not thought up by the buyer and are seen on a marketplace that helps sell the name. I get that. A name like Brandelity didn't need that help because a buyer would have thought up that themselves and just followed the link to wherever it was for sale.

•••
I don't like the suffix, ific. To me it sounds cheap and insubstantial, like a kids toy name or something. But...... I have noticed some listings on BB with that suffix so I've submitted some. One was Loanific which was rejected (I'm thinking it was too narrow an application and not a good fit for the financial industry). Then I had Furific accepted at $1495 and this week Cyberific at $4095. So obviously the root word is crucial but also both Fur and Cyber end in R and give a flavor of the word terrific. This may (or may not) give you some insights on your rejected names: Hackific and Gasific.

Another example of why the reseller market favors bb and their sellers equally.

I bought Furific from Keith in December 2015 simply because I liked the bb logo.

upload_2016-12-22_13-17-42.png

I removed it from bb earlier this summer when I went on a bb strike. I sold it to a bb reseller on NP in September, and it recently sold on bb.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Exactly, so then why list it where you give up 30% plus logo fees which makes it closer to 40% when chances are the buyer just followed the link to wherever it may be for sale? $1,995 was a great price point but you just gave up more than 600 bucks for nothing. Names that are true made up names, 4,5,6,7 letters etc...most of the time are not thought up by the buyer and are seen on a marketplace that helps sell the name. I get that. A name like Brandelity didn't need that help because a buyer would have thought up that themselves and just followed the link to wherever it was for sale.
Fair points Hookbox but my message was for the madeup names of course. I am. not sure if it is the buyer but BB has a name my company section where I saw someone asking a name about Indian clothes shop. I submitted the name in there and a lot of sellers did the same then after one day I it got sold.

I have my own website where I list even names already accepted by BB which I believe can sell without BB but then BB has traffic which is important.

•••
I have Build/Cycle accepted at $3500. Would you see it selling for more than that outside BB?

•••
I have Build/Cycle accepted at $3500. Would you see it selling for more than that outside BB?
The real question is, would you see it selling for more than $2,250 outside of BB. $3,500-30% commission plus 200 logo fee puts you at $2,250. Would it sell for $2,250? Absolutely. Would it still sell for $3,500 outside of BB? Yes, but if you get $3,500 outside of BB that would be like getting $4,750 at BB when you include commission and logo fee. I like the name because it could be hundreds of different things which ups its value. I would bump it up to $3,995 if you can. It's above the sweet spot but still under that $4,000 threshold that makes people stop and think before they pull the trigger.

•••
The real question is, would you see it selling for more than $2,250 outside of BB. $3,500-30% commission plus 200 logo fee puts you at $2,250. Would it sell for $2,250? Absolutely. Would it still sell for $3,500 outside of BB? Yes, but if you get $3,500 outside of BB that would be like getting $4,750 at BB when you include commission and logo fee. I like the name because it could be hundreds of different things which ups its value. I would bump it up to $3,995 if you can. It's above the sweet spot but still under that $4,000 threshold that makes people stop and think before they pull the trigger.
Great ideas. I only submitted the singular but do have the plural too. Might as well submit it alone lol. If I up it to 20% it will be 4100+ but 3995 is better. I always choose $100 logos btw unless it is a name I bought published which has different logo price

•••
I was referring to a situation where a buyer is browsing BB marketplace looking for a name that is relevant to their keywords.

•••
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
May all your sales be to end users!

Keith :glasses:

•••
Hi
I got a BB account with my email Hemanttilotia at gmail dot com.
5 out of 20 domains were accepted by BB. I couldn't keep track of it as I was busy in my fintech startup but recently paid for all 5 & listed them on BB.
Now, when someone tried to transfer some BB published domains into my account, it says my account isn't in good standing.
Please see and if someone from BB can update my account, it would be a great help.
I have written to their support and yet to hear back.
The delay in paying for listing was purely unintentional.
I yesterday submitted 10 domains to BB , will my account's standing affect my domain acceptance?
@Keith DeBoer : Can you please help here ?

•••
Brandbucket is not gonna sell anything. Its too overcrowded and most of inventory for sale is owned by the BrandBucket owner anyways.

•••
Hi
I got a BB account with my email Hemanttilotia at gmail dot com.
5 out of 20 domains were accepted by BB. I couldn't keep track of it as I was busy in my fintech startup but recently paid for all 5 & listed them on BB.
Now, when someone tried to transfer some BB published domains into my account, it says my account isn't in good standing.
Please see and if someone from BB can update my account, it would be a great help.
I have written to their support and yet to hear back.
The delay in paying for listing was purely unintentional.
I yesterday submitted 10 domains to BB , will my account's standing affect my domain acceptance?
@Keith DeBoer : Can you please help here ?

I have the same problem. Published name couldn't go into my account from another BB user. I contacted support to say I'm the new owner of the name and need it pushed to me and now they're investigating it but I have no answer otherwise.

My submissions were a long time ago and before the changes in policy. Since there is no way to tell if your name will be rejected it's almost pointless IMO to bother submitting any if it messes up your rating and ability to receive purchased names that are already published.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back