Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get that.

And I think that is the honorable route.
To whit, @Embrand's respect of the process,
and not asking for an exception to policy,
is equally honorable.

But, setting aside honor for a moment,
not considering certain exceptions,
for better, or for worse,
creates an atmosphere where I am on Slack,
and @Embrand is not.

So, while I would be disappointed if my slack permission was ever revoked,
I would think, on paper, and in terms of value benefit,
that @Embrand being apart of BB slack (even if as an exception to policy)
would surpass any benefit I bring to slack.

I'm a pain in the ass. I get that. I have to live with myself. So I could understand why BB wouldn't want me apart of their slack. Following their metric guidelines or not.

But @Embrand, c'mon yall, if there was ever a need for an exception to policy, I would look long and hard to find one. Especially given these distancing times. The brandable community needs all the support that it can, and I don't see a need to enforce, or build a wall, to keep those who were once valued, distanced.

My 2ยข FWIW.

I do think rules should be the same for everyone. What I do miss at BB, though, and have often said, is that their communication with sellers could be better. Is there even a Sellers Newsletter anymore? It doesn't seem like it.

•••
Gaahhh..

Why are folks equating my change in writing style to @frank-germany ?!

Sure, I may have adopted a little for his style.
When you learn to read the style that Frank writes in,
and focus less on the format,
and more on the content,
I've found tremendous value,
in breaking it down,
line
by
line.

But truth be told. @biggie is the true resident poet. And IMO one of the most skilled writers I've ever read. So while I strive for @biggie , it appears I keep gettting @frank-germany (no offense Frank!)

Well add a feature. Or a benchmark. That equates to the level of value that @Embrand has brought to the community!

Darnit @Abdullah Abdullah -- so rational and grounded you are!!

I appreciate it. But I have no idea how you seemingly achieved such a state.

too much honor,
thanks @Grilled

•••
The system does these ratings automatically for everyone so to manually give someone preference will come back to haunt them because it will question the need for the rule they setup so whether or not you sold many names with them, the minute you remove names or leave, your account will become in bad standing status.

In principle, I support the idea that everyone should be treated equally and I understand that it must be annoying to BB when sellers remove their names, so maybe BB should change their policy either by not throwing people out of slack when they remove names or by setting some different criteria for how many names you can remove before doing so, based on how long you have been a member, how many names you have listed and how many you have sold

•••
I did remove a portfolio of around 50 names, & never lost access to their Slack channel. (Getting them back on was super easy, that's a very good thing about them)

I believe they allow 7% to be removed without affecting an account's standing.

You don't get to buy published names without "good standing".

That's all I think.

•••
I do think rules should be the same for everyone. What I do miss at BB, though, and have often said, is that their communication with sellers could be better. Is there even a Sellers Newsletter anymore? It doesn't seem like it.

In principle, I support the idea that everyone should be treated equally and I understand that it must be annoying to BB when sellers remove their names, so maybe BB should change their policy either by not throwing people out of slack when they remove names or by setting some different criteria for how many names you can remove before doing so, based on how long you have been a member, how many names you have listed and how many you have sold

I saw you are back at Slack channel @Embrand. So maybe they listened hehe :)

•••
May I ask, after my domains get approved by BB, I choose the % i want to increase the price by (20% obviously), and it stays in Editorial mode? What do I have to do to get it Published now?

•••
May I ask, after my domains get approved by BB, I choose the % i want to increase the price by (20% obviously), and it stays in Editorial mode? What do I have to do to get it Published now?

You don't have to do anything, it will be published soon.

•••
Hi guys, when you appealed a domain rejection in BB, how long it took for you to receive the reply? thanks

•••
Almost the same as the review time.

•••
Does BB have a domain history tool to check if names have been previously approved or rejected? I am considering submitting more names to BB but I want to avoid submitting ones rejected already. If not, any suggestions to double check BB history would be great.

•••
There's no history tool. BB sometimes accepts domains that were previously rejected.

If you submit a domain that has been previously approved, the system tells you.

•••
Thanks @DomainBanana thatโ€™s exactly what I was looking for.

I didnโ€™t think they had it but wasnโ€™t aware that the system would tell me if a name had been already approved.

I have been growing things at SH but now planning on submitting all SH rejected to BB and vice versa.

•••
Has anyone noticed a delay in the review? I submitted some names on ~Oct 20 and they are still pending review. At the time, the review times were about 19 or 20 days...but now we are 30 days later and nothing from BB

•••
Has anyone noticed a delay in the review? I submitted some names on ~Oct 20 and they are still pending review. At the time, the review times were about 19 or 20 days...but now we are 30 days later and nothing from BB
I think It's around 40 days

•••
Thanks @ArielT โ€ฆ so the estimates are never accurate?

•••
Thanks @ArielT โ€ฆ so the estimates are never accurate?
I don't know, I have submitted some a few month ago and also a review for a rejected and took around 40. So I think It would be normal the time your domain(s) are taking

Last edited:
•••
As luck would have it, I got an acceptance for the name I submitted on October 20, so it looks like they're running at about 30 days review time currently. So with the editorial phase, I'll probably hit the 40 mark

Last edited:
•••
As luck would have it, I got an acceptance for the name I submitted on October 20, so it looks like they're running at about 30 days review time currently. So with the editorial phase, I'll probably hit the 40 mark

Yes, their backlog is growing all over again.

I don't see it being cleared anytime soon..

So disappointing

•••
A number of .io domains accepted at Brandbucket surged this week to 11% of 444 total. Listed price range is $2495...$63000.
https://www.brandbucket.com/names?week=202051

1 month ago it was 7% of 779 total weekly addition.
2 month ago it was 1% of 611 total weekly addition.

•••
My only domain at BB (driveloop.com) was finally sold. It was listed 5 years ago, I stopped messing around with domains in the meanwhile and had forgotten about it completely. It was a small sale ($3000) but I submitted 10 more recently and 4 got accepted.

•••
Hi friends,

I am part of a group that dared to voice some concerns about BrandBucket publicly.

As a result of my participation in this activity, which was done in a sincere and respectful way, BrandBucket:
  • Removed me from the BrandBucket slack
  • Removed my ability to design logos
And who knows what else.

I am particularly disappointed in @Keith DeBoer who chose to attack my character in the BrandBucket Slack, kicking me when I'm down and when I have no way to defend myself against his false comments.

Rather than discussing any concerns with me personally, Keith posted:

upload_2021-2-5_16-46-41.png

I have always been honest with BrandBucket, and I would appreciate if Keith and others would not presume the worst about me.

I told BrandBucket I was moving a large number of names in February 2020 and Roxana assured me BrandBucket understood.

She also told me I would be able to stay on in the BB Slack.

The degree to which BrandBucket has gone to silence me for expressing some genuine concerns as a seller has been very disappointing.

I do hope I am permitted back in the BrandBucket slack soon so I can set the record straight there about Keith's attack against me and other matters.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know what BrandBucket's estimates are now? I submitted domains mid-January and haven't heard anything.

Assuming they get accepted, that would be over a month to get listed

•••
•••
Thanks @Ntmt Is there a way to track the progress?

•••
I need to talk to someone, who has around 50% acceptance rate at BB. Please contact me in direct message or let me know if you know someone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the pageโ€™s height.
Back