Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh I don't blame brandbucket. They're doing very nicely. I have concern for the sellers.

They're absorbing absolutely no risk whatsoever and have created an incentive for themselves to accept as many names as possible (including bad ones).

Brandbucket get paid whatever. They don't really care if sellers names are actually any good, have a chance of selling or just get buried in the heap. All the same to them, thanks for the $10 B-)

I mean some of the double letter nonsense I'm seeing get accepted is just them blatantly improving cash flow by getting more listing fees.
What BB are good at are the trends...maybe they will not be to valuable in a couple of years, but if you have spare time you can count probably more than 100 double letter sales in 2016( xxxx or even xxxxx) from BB, sedo, uniregistry and others....so the trend is alive.

Last edited:
•••
I'm happy to report 3 sales so far in September on BB, so it seems that, at least for now, I've kicked my downturn on BB. A fourth sale is reported on DNbolt, but not yet confirmed buy BB.

•••
hey guys whats your average wait time these days for review, it has been 6 days since i submitted some domains but still no review.

•••
I'm happy to report 3 sales so far in September on BB, so it seems that, at least for now, I've kicked my downturn on BB. A fourth sale is reported on DNbolt, but not yet confirmed buy BB.
that one is as solid as 'cement'.

•••
Hey Guys,
Yesterday, I submitted some domains to BB and I got a confirmation email. Today I submitted some more names and as usually, I got a confirmation email. However, I don't see the domains that I submitted yesterday in my BB control panel. I only see the domains that I submitted today. Also it seems they have a new system from today which retrieves Registrar and registrant names while submitting names. Anybody facing the same issue?

•••
Hey Guys,
Yesterday, I submitted some domains to BB and I got a confirmation email. Today I submitted some more names and as usually, I got a confirmation email. However, I don't see the domains that I submitted yesterday in my BB control panel. I only see the domains that I submitted today. Also it seems they have a new system from today which retrieves Registrar and registrant names while submitting names. Anybody facing the same issue?
You need to contact support.

•••
but if you have spare time you can count probably more than 100 double letter sales in 2016

A fair chunk of those may be vulnerable to udrp from the owners of the correct spelling. Depends what they're used for of course but that's the reason I'm staying well away from repeating letters.

•••
A fair chunk of those may be vulnerable to udrp from the owners of the correct spelling. Depends what they're used for of course but that's the reason I'm staying well away from repeating letters.
Usually to have a good double letter brandable means that the root name should be a strong keyword like: factorry, networrk, defensse so it's hard to have trademark rights on these...and even if you have, nobody will want to use 'factorry' for a factory....it's just a new way to name your company, exaclty how it was adding io, ly before or combining two unrelated words resulting a novelty name.

•••
Usually to have a good double letter brandable means that the root name should be a strong keyword like: factorry, networrk, defensse so it's hard to have trademark rights on these...and even if you have, nobody will want to use 'factorry' for a factory....it's just a new way to name your company, exaclty how it was adding io, ly before or combining two unrelated words resulting a novelty name.

I'm not so sure. 2 sites using network and nettwork for similar purposes are going to run into each other. Whether the original actually has a trademark isn't all that relevant. Trademark is not needed to win a UDRP.

•••
I'm not so sure. 2 sites using network and nettwork for similar purposes are going to run into each other. Whether the original actually has a trademark isn't all that relevant. Trademark is not needed to win a UDRP.
I dont think that if you own a name like 'network' and you are using it as a network, nobody else can use a similar name (networks, networkk or others) because it's to general. If 'apple' would want to have TM on the name and they were dealing with apples they never could have won a UDRP. The idea to be brandable is that you can use that name in a variety of industries....the only way it works is if you're creative....nobody want's to name his factory 'factorry' because people will think that you can't spell...but for an advertising agency to be named 'factorry' could work- a word that feal's familiar to everybody and in the same time is unique because of the double letter...

•••
I dont think that if you own a name like 'network' and you are using it as a network, nobody else can use a similar name (networks, networkk or others) because it's to general. If 'apple' would want to have TM on the name and they were dealing with apples they never could have won a UDRP. The idea to be brandable is that you can use that name in a variety of industries....the only way it works is if you're creative....nobody want's to name his factory 'factorry' because people will think that you can't spell...but for an advertising agency to be named 'factorry' could work- a word that feal's familiar to everybody and in the same time is unique because of the double letter...

I see that. At the very least your restricted in your use of the name though and traffic leakage is going to be an issue.

•••
Has anyone lowered their 'max' price in search of a sale? For example, max on a domain is $2295, but you lowered the price to $1995 for people who may be searching for domains less than $2000. Has this strategy worked for anyone? Or have you just left the domains at Max price and waited?

@Nat Hunt @Keith DeBoer @Brandworthy

Last edited:
•••
@Candace Cooke Do you mean lowered it below the suggested price? I currently have most of my names listed at the BB suggested price. I have upped the price on a few. And I have not lowered the price below BB suggested on any of them.

•••
@Candace Cooke Do you mean lowered it below the suggested price? I currently have most of my names listed at the BB suggested price. I have upped the price on a few. And I have not lowered the price below BB suggested on any of them.

No, I meant lower it from the max (that is, +20%) to the suggested price.

•••
Or have you just left the domains at Max price and waited?
I don't max all my prices, and I think there is some merit in pricing at 1995 rather than 2095, 2195 or 2295. Just easier for a buyer to go with the sub 2K price IMO. However if a buyer likes a name I don't think they'll balk at paying 2495 rather than 1995. Only an opinion, and who really knows?

•••
Has anyone lowered their 'max' price in search of a sale? For example, max on a domain is $2295, but you lowered the price to $1995 for people who may be searching for domains less than $2000. Has this strategy worked for anyone? Or have you just left the domains at Max price and waited?

@Nat Hunt @Keith DeBoer @Brandworthy

I sometimes round up 5% or 10% to what I feel is an appealing price. I don't round up 20% unless I feel strongly the domain was mis-priced.

There is the possibility that a BB shopper could use the $2K or $2.5K filter and miss seeing domains priced just above one of those thresholds. So for that reason I usually avoid prices like $2095 or $2595. In those cases I usually round down to $1995 and $2495.

However, I don't track that info so I have no data that says what I'm doing is helpful to my sales. It's just guesswork so use your good judgement and intuition.

•••
However, I don't track that info so I have no data that says what I'm doing is helpful to my sales. It's just guesswork so use your good judgement and intuition.

Perhaps, now that you're an ambassador, you can work with the bb team to provide such data?

As DNBolt.com tracks and reports sales, it's been reported the sale price can be off a few hundred dollars. Personally, I enjoy just knowing the domain and range of sale price, but there are some who seem to take offense to the inaccuracy. Sure would be interesting to see a complete sales report from bb, such as:

10 Domains sold at: $1995
9 Domains sold at: $2295
8 Domains sold at: $2995
5 Domains sold at: $995
etc

or

10 Domains sold at: $1995 - $2195
9 Domains sold at: $2295 - $2495
8 Domains sold at: $2995 - $3195
5 Domains sold at: $995 - $1195
etc

•••
Has anyone seen BB's latest submission feature?

It is awesome....you can now check (before submitting) if a name has previously been denied before submitting. Also, the system won't allow you to submit previously rejected names.

Great new initiative BB.

•••
Has anyone seen BB's latest submission feature?

It is awesome....you can now check (before submitting) if a name has previously been denied before submitting. Also, the system won't allow you to submit previously rejected names.

Great new initiative BB.
I seriously doubt this was their intended purpose.

•••
I seriously doubt this was their intended purpose.
May not have been their intention, but atleast sellers will not waste their time and money submitting BB rejects anymore - that had zero chance of been accepted.

•••
May not have been their intention, but atleast sellers will not waste their time and money submitting BB rejects anymore - that had zero chance of been accepted.
I have tried it and if the domain is not registered it will just say 'whois not found', not if it was accepted or rejected. If you have to register them to check, then is no difference in money wasted and 30 seconds waisted for submitting.

•••
There are lots of names on BB which have been rejected before.

So, you think BB rejects are all garbage?!

•••
There are lots of names on BB which have been rejected before.

So, you think BB rejects are all garbage?!

Hope they're not. Have several nice BB rejects and I still have the hope I'll be able to sell them at a good price somewhere else ;)

•••
upload_2016-10-4_20-0-52.png

•••
Okay.. BB just reject my domain: Akify.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back