NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also a reminder that BrandBucket is having a get together in the Tropicana Lounge from 6:00-7:30, tomorrow the 10th. Both Margot and myself will be there with free beer :)

Really regret that I am not going :( Would like to meet you guys.... Hopefully next year, flush with BB cash!!

•••
If you have a names along with multiple versions, you can include that info in the listing and then redirect to the alternative version(s) to the BB listing page.

Should the redirect be done via NameServer change + email to support, or can we just forward the domain to BrandBucket.com/ListedDomain?

•••
Really regret that I am not going :( Would like to meet you guys.... Hopefully next year, flush with BB cash!!

Definitely!!

Should the redirect be done via NameServer change + email to support, or can we just forward the domain to BrandBucket.com/ListedDomain?

It is best to use the NameServers for redirection because the type-in traffic will go a customized landing page.

•••
I sold the rest of my portfolio to another BB seller today (24 names).

I started BB on the first day I've been a domainer back in April-2015, but I quickly realized it was not suited for me. I prefer dealing with liquid domains. I am not the long-term type, I know that now.

I did not get the chance to sell a name on BB, but I have been able to do good business using my published names as liquid domains. I sold just a few names shy of a hundred.

Receiving the review email to inform me of an accepted name has always put a smile on my face. I wish I would have received an email after a sale. Maybe someday with the only name I have left on BB which is OZPO.com (In review process).

I will still continue to follow this thread as BrandBucket will always have a special place in my heart being where I started with domains.

Good luck to all sellers!

•••
Pretty good month so far, 3 brandable sold. I just got the email from BB.

BR: f*r*u*t*t*i*o
NR: f*i*g*h*t*t*o*w*n
BB: v*i*r*o*x*y

•••
i exactly understand how you feel! brandbucket became more than just a site.. it sort of pioneered the brandable market idea into the mainstream and was part of our everyday domaining life.. and it's run by nice people on top of it.. and it helped me personally too to believe in domaining again.

@ZOZY - i own Frutiyo.com and Fruitiyo.com loll :) (not on brandable sites though)

•••
Hi guys,

I just want to ask your opinion about this logo. I really don't think that it's good. I could be wrong so please let me know your thoughts.

Logo.png

Thanks!

I like it too. They have managed to merge letter "C" and the chat balloon )

•••
•••
Another sale: T * R * A * N * S * V * I * O

•••
I also had another sale recently: d/o/c/u/f/r/e/s/h.

•••
Does this logo make it look like there is a hyphen in the domain to you?
large_Able-Drive-360x200_0.png

https://www.brandbucket.com/abledrive

Otherwise I don't mind the logo, but I am concerned people will scan over it thinking it is hyphenated...

Thoughts?

•••
That is a bad and lazy logo, imho, even without "hyphen" thing, which could definitely be misinterpreted...

•••
•••
Yea... I wasn't sure if it was just me seeing it because I look at domains all day long, or if an end user would see that.

If an end user would think that was a hyphen then I was going to see if it was possible for BB to redo the logo or if I could submit one (even tho I am no graphic designer - so theirs would without a doubt be better)

But I don't want to raise a fuss if the typical end user won't be turned off by it.

•••
Yea... I wasn't sure if it was just me seeing it because I look at domains all day long, or if an end user would see that.

If an end user would think that was a hyphen then I was going to see if it was possible for BB to redo the logo or if I could submit one (even tho I am no graphic designer - so theirs would without a doubt be better)

But I don't want to raise a fuss if the typical end user won't be turned off by it.

As Trelgor said, I think it's mostly domainers disease, though it definitely makes it look a bit "hyphen-ish".

Anyway, I've got the feeling (no real data to support this) the end user tends to use a new logo when they finally launch the new site, different from the one they get from BB. I try not to worry too much about the logos, which is not always easy. I keep telling myself they're not really that important in the buying decission.

•••

If you are unhappy with it, for any reason, you should ask for it to be redone. You are paying $100, or more, for it and should be 100% happy. This is business, not "making a fuss" is reserved for your Grandmas cookies. In my experience, BB will gladly have the logo redone for you and nobody will be upset or think less of you. They want the same thing you do, a sale. If the logo has any chance of reduceing the likelihood of a sale, you should have it redone IMO.

•••
Are BB getting slower in their process?
On Jan 7th I paid and submitted listing for a domain. 12 days later, it is still in "Pending Review".

•••
First sale of the year closed last week
r/e/l/a/y/o
This was my 5th BB sale since joining
Currently 11 names listed 2 coming soon and 1 pending approval

•••
On Jan 7th I paid and submitted listing for a domain. 12 days later, it is still in "Pending Review".

I noticed this too. All steps in the process are running slow. i assumed it is just from the holidays and the Namecon. I would expect it to get going as normal again, very soon.

•••

Yes. I've got names that I submitted on the 30th December that have been approved but are still waiting for the review of the description, before going on to the logo stage. It's the 19th January today.

Edited to add: It appears they are working through the backlog right now, the names from the 30th December have just been pushed into the logo stage.

•••
First sale of the year closed last week
r/e/l/a/y/o
This was my 5th BB sale since joining
Currently 11 names listed 2 coming soon and 1 pending approval

You must be doing something extraordinarily right. I don't know how many names you've had listed but your sell-through rate seems off the charts. Most are looking at 3-4 % tops. What are your stats and what is your secret?

•••
I registered P/r/o/m/o/t/e/I/Q/./c/o/m on December 5th. For some reason it appeared on ExpiredDomains.net even though it was still within 75 days of expiration. GoDaddy even allowed me to seemingly register it.
iq reg.PNG

I then submitted the domain to BrandBucket.

submitted iq.PNG

GoDaddy then emailed me saying the registration was unsuccessful.

promote reg.PNG

I knew from the following previous email to wait until the domain was accepted to ask for the removal.

delete.PNG

I emailed BrandBucket explaining the situation. At that time, I thought somebody registered the domain before me. I researched it and found it was still in the redemption period soon to be deleted. I had been waiting for this domain to drop.

PromoteIQ PDF-page-001.jpg

PromoteIQ PDF-page-002.jpg

On January 15th, I took a 12AM flight home from NamesCon. I landed at 6 AM and had to drive 4 hours home in negative degree weather. My radiator blew up on the way home. I spent the day at the mechanic instead of domaining. The domain was registered shortly after being dropped by BrandBuckets own @michaeljkrell

promoteiq whois.PNG

rejected.PNG

promoteIQprice.PNG

Any names found to be Pending Delete will be watched and registered by BrandBuckets employees?

I have always felt brandable investors benefit as a whole from BrandBuckets success. The director already has the most domains on the marketplace. Does a person in that position really need to troll domains submitted by their sellers to stay on top?

Since submitting P/r/o/m/o/t/e/I/Q/./c/o/m on December 5th, I have paid over $910 in listing fees publishing 91 domains. Forgive me for feeling mistreated. All I ask for is a fair marketplace like NamePros where the mods don't use information in our private messages to register domains for themselves.

Last edited:
•••
Well, IMO we can not ask anyone not to register a domain that drops. Not ever our best friends. Because if a domain is not registered by one person, some another person will take it, there are plenty of domainers around. All we can do is pay the dropcatching services.

•••
Hey, Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your rough trip back home from NamesCon.

All names that are not registered at the time of submissions are rejected by the reviewers. We would eventually like this to happen automatically at the time of submission, but this is currently our system.

Yes, I do still actively invest in domains and scour the GD auctions and pending deletes, but I do not look at a list of names that BB rejected because they are not registered or in a pending delete stage. IQ is definitely one of the "keywords" I look for in the drops, and it came up on my list as well. I've probably drop caught, or regged from the drops, a handful of "IQ" names in the last month.

Dozens of sellers email me lists of domains available for hand registration to get my advice on them, and to see if BB will accept them. I am always happy to answer these questions, and would never register a name that they sent to me. If you have a questions of any names that are available for hand registration please let me know and I will throw in my 2 cents.

EDIT: I realize that this was clearly a GD error, Chris, and you did not knowingly submit a name that you didn't own. For those that don't know sellers are required to click the check box agreeing that they are the current owners of the domain and have the rights to sell them.

Last edited:
•••
Well, I usually send names to @michaeljkrell before registering, to save some bucks. He replied me always. Thanks Krell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back