IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it is simply not possible for an individual without deep pockets to clarify that a domain "does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party". No way.

It’s the Famous Marks that should be of the most concern.

As you already mentioned it’s impossible to know if a certain third party has a certain right to a certain term in a certain way in a certain location somewhere around the World, and even if they do that doesn’t mean that someone else cannot use the same term for a totally different purpose. When you search USPTO very often you see multiple trademarks for the same term, I wonder how all the others were able to get a trademark past the very first one. So a new startup might be able to get a trademark for a term that already has multiple trademarks by others as long as it’s for a totally different use.

Also there are no advertisements being displayed for the domains that can create a risk of infringement on existing trademarks, they are just represented individually by a unique logo.

What it comes down to is that a new startup has as much right to apply for a trademark on a certain term that perhaps is already being used by multitude of others as long as it is used for a different purpose than them.

IMO

PS: this is just my personal understanding of this situation and is not meant as legal or expert advice.

•••
where on bb site do they list the commission, logo costs and payment info?

cant find any data .

:?

•••
•••

thx alot!

Wow, they want $100 - $500 for just the logo and u decide how much to pay them.

What does a $500 logo look like compared to a $100 one? is it 24 k gold?

Plus 30% commission is steep imho

so on a $1000 sale you end up paying a minimum of $410.00.

41% goes to BB is the MINIMUM !

Are domainers this desperate (or dense?) that they will pay almost 50% to try to sell their domains??

man alive

Last edited:
•••
I agree with you 100 % Vision if you are getting 30 % plus a listing fee, logo should be included.

•••
I agree with you 100 % Vision if you are getting 30 % plus a listing fee, logo should be included.

Id like to hear what the owner of BB has to say on their reasons for such fees.(not that i care or will they even care what is said here, but I simply want to hear how they rationalize such business practices)

I realize its a capitalist system and profit is what we are all after but this is taking it to another level.

I just have to know tho.

What DOES a $500 logo look like??

Come on now lets see one!

Pretty ballsy of them actually offering such an item when the majority of people realize the REAL value of a logo for such applications. But if they can suck domainers in which they obviously do at these rates , heck why not just take 50% off the top to begin with and include the logo?

Last edited:
•••
I think they distiguish it Vision as an add on and its added to the listing price so the buyer pays for the logo.

•••
I think they distiguish it Vision as an add on and its added to the listing price so the buyer pays for the logo.

hmm. so the logo is an add on then?

:blink::td::p

Last edited:
•••
the fees and commission are really charged to the buyer, you put in what you want to make and BB tacks on the com. and fee's to come up with the final price.

•••
No Vision what I had meant was you do pay $10 listing fee, that is actual money you pay, Brand Bucket does not charge you $100 to $500 for the logo whether it sells or not.

I agree there is nothing to show what differentiates the $100 logo and the $500 logo.

Yes many who are looking to market their 4,5,6 letter pronounceables do believe the logo is a selling point. Is it reality ? That is for each person to decide if it helps or if it doesn't.

•••
the fees and commission are really charged to the buyer, you put in what you want to make and BB tacks on the com. and fee's to come up with the final price.
okay

Last edited:
•••
I think there is also the subjective nature of one person picking names that will have some happy, some mad and some confused.

I sent 10 names over a week ago and just now at 12:40 am my time I got a reply. 2 names accepted 8 not accepted, no problem. Here is where the funny part comes, one name I submitted was Tapvo.com I like short names with Tap as that has been a popular naming keyword for some app companies. I own another 5 letter Tap related name that gets traffic every day and has made over $200 parking. So I am not upset that Brand Bucket did not accept it. The funny thing is there is a name on Brand Bucket that I actually like Mondovo.com, the description lists two points about the name one is Mondo playing off the the Italian word for world and the other part says and it ends in VO, I had to laugh.

•••
No Vision what I had meant was you do pay $10 listing fee, that is actual money you pay, Brand Bucket does not charge you $100 to $500 for the logo whether it sells or not.

I agree there is nothing to show what differentiates the $100 logo and the $500 logo.

Yes many who are looking to market their 4,5,6 letter pronounceables do believe the logo is a selling point. Is it reality ? That is for each person to decide if it helps or if it doesn't.

thx alot eq for all your thoughts

well u r so right on the personal taste & choice as beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and all...

the logo isn't a selling point but simply "marketing:.

a picture is not worth 1000 words now.....

it's worth $1,000+ ! lol

last i have 2 say on this bbs

Last edited:
•••
well thats one way top delude yourself into thinking its a great deal

so what u say is a domain that sells for $1000 means that the domainer must be happy with a min of a $410 fee ( w/ $100 logo) so the domainer really only wants $590.00 for their domain to start with

Thats what you are saying in your explanation

man alive people r so used to paying thru the nose for everything these days that they dont see the rub

oh and one more observation

why does a site that sells brandable domains use a keyword domain & not a brandable one? ( and a bad one at that imho)

a bucket is mostly used to haul away things we discard or carry, etc

weird......

not really, if you want to sell your name for $1,000, then the listing will be $1,400 and the buyer will pay $1,400. You will net your $1,000 profit.

•••
not really, if you want to sell your name for $1,000, then the listing will be $1,400 and the buyer will pay $1,400. You will net your $1,000 profit.

righto
:kickass:

Last edited:
•••
i'd better sell the domain for $1400 then

•••
I doubt that in the end even one logo that was bought with the domain makes it to the final site - not when they showcase it under the "sold" section... But then again BB could also act as a free resource for wannabe logo designers, so maybe the need for a logo makes sense after all. :)

Nomax

Last edited:
•••

I don't think you can do that. Doesn't BrandBucket decide the price, too?

•••
I don't think you can do that. Doesn't BrandBucket decide the price, too?

yeah but u can increase the price too. i think upto 20 or 30% more than their suggested price

•••
You can increase or decrease with 20%

•••
VisionEdger, your way of seeing sites like BB should be more like this:

Let say you have something like Shopster, i ask you what you want, you say your desired price is 25K, you want 25K in your pocket and you don't care how much somebody else takes (why would you). You submit Shopster, BB accepts it and most of the time the price is higher than what you expected anyway, even after Logo, comission, bla bla.
If it should be lower, you can either contact BB and ask them if they can increase the price or if you are really unhappy with your final share, simply don't list the name and keep continuing to do what you did before submitting your name to BB for review.

•••
Got two more domains accepted for a total of 14 now :)

If the buyers are happy that they were able to find a nice brandable domain, and if everyone involved is making money then to me that seems to be like the ideal situation.

•••
@oldtimer

Nice, have you sold any domains there yet? Also, it would be nice if you could name a few domains you have there.

•••
@oldtimer

Nice, have you sold any domains there yet? Also, it would be nice if you could name a few domains you have there.
I just got started with BrandBucket around 10 days ago, most of my domains are still in the process of being published (waiting for logo, although two of them are already ready).

PS: They don't like us to disclose our domains.

•••
I just got started with BrandBucket around 10 days ago, most of my domains are still in the process of being published (waiting for logo, although two of them are already ready).

PS: They don't like us to disclose our domains.

How much did you pay for the logo for the 2 domain names that are ready? Did you pay anything extra for the listing.

I have 2 domain names waiting for logo design since 20 May.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back