IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can anyone give me the typical amount of time between escrow starting (doing the account change to BB's Godaddy account) and receiving payment?
The sellers FAQ says:
Please note for payments on sold names there is a minimum 5 day waiting period for the payment to become available after the name is sold.

The five day escrow period begins after the customer has paid and successfully taken possession of the domain. Usually transfers take 1-3 days but sometimes transfers to weird registrars (in some cases overseas) can take a week or more. But that is rare.

My best guess is you will be paid 5-10 days from the time you transferred the domain to BB's acct at GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
The sellers FAQ says:
Please note for payments on sold names there is a minimum 5 day waiting period for the payment to become available after the name is sold.

The five day escrow period begins after the customer has paid and successfully taken possession of the domain. Usually transfers take 1-3 days but sometimes transfers to weird registrars (in some cases overseas) can take a week or more. But that is rare.

My best guess is you will be paid 5-10 days from the time you transferred the domain to BB's acct at GoDaddy.

Thank you Keith! Is there a way to know if the customer has paid? In other words, if I was asked to push my domain to BB's GD account, can I be sure the customer has paid and money has been secured? First sale... :xf.confused:

Last edited:
•••
Thank you Keith! Is there a way to know if the customer has paid? In other words, if I was asked to push my domain to BB's GD account, can I be sure the customer has paid and money has been secured? First sale... :xf.confused:
You don't get a notification that the domain has sold until the customer has paid. The few days delay after that is to ensure funds clear and there are no problems with the transfer.

Last edited:
•••
You don't get a notification that the domain has sold until the customer has paid. The few days delay after that is to ensure funds clear and there are no problems with the transfer.

Thank you for that info :)

•••
That's correct, the seller is only notified after BB has been paid by the seller. Second step is the successful transfer of the domain to the seller. Then there is an up-to 5 day "escrow" period while BB waits for funds to be cleared through it's bank. Then payment is released to the BB seller.

•••
That's correct, the seller is only notified after BB has been paid by the seller. Second step is the successful transfer of the domain to the seller. Then there is an up-to 5 day "escrow" period while BB waits for funds to be cleared through it's bank. Then payment is released to the BB seller.

Very cool - my first sale. Trying to get my bearings. Looking forward to more sales!

•••
BB back up to a week for reviews. Maybe everyone went on vacation for Easter? I know I am!
Happy Easter Everyone!

•••
Any info on how to acquire credits? I don’t feel it’s justified to pay to submit your domains AND pay to list. Thanks

•••
Hi @Neal Grayson ,
Good question!
Several months ago BrandBucket put a moratorium on listing fees. So sellers only pay the $1 per domain review fee and nothing else. I hope that's helpful. Let me know if I can help you with anything more :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the reply, but, in my opinion, that’s turning people away. It’s an annoyance and seems scammy when no other competitior charges an upfront fee to be considered. It’s like paying for a job interview.

•••
Thanks for the reply, but, in my opinion, that’s turning people away. It’s an annoyance and seems scammy when no other competitior charges an upfront fee to be considered. It’s like paying for a job interview.

Not very long ago the submission was free but you had to pay $10 for listing a name. So in case you wanted to get appraisal of 100 names you could get without any charge, but let's say 20 of those were approved and you wanted to list, you had to spend 20X10 = $200 in listing fees.

Now you want to get appraisal of 100 domains your cost is $100. if 20 of them gets approved you list them without any charge. if you are building a large portfolio this is way more cost saving.

•••

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along, but as others have pointed out overall the fees are pretty low compared to other brandable marketplaces. :)

Last edited:
•••
Not very long ago the submission was free but you had to pay $10 for listing a name. So in case you wanted to get appraisal of 100 names you could get without any charge, but let's say 20 of those were approved and you wanted to list, you had to spend 20X10 = $200 in listing fees.

Now you want to get appraisal of 100 domains your cost is $100. if 20 of them gets approved you list them without any charge. if you are building a large portfolio this is way more cost saving.
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that you still had to pay the $10 fee after paying the $1 as well. Is this true @Keith DeBoer ? Thanks

•••
No, there has been a moratorium on the $9 publishing fee for several months and I'm not aware of any plans to reinstate that $9 fee. (sorry I said $10 before - that was a mistake - it was $10 a few years ago)

At present you just pay the $1 review fee and then the publishing of the accepted domains are free! :)

•••
•••
No, there has been a moratorium on the $9 publishing fee for several months and I'm not aware of any plans to reinstate that $9 fee. (sorry I said $10 before - that was a mistake - it was $10 a few years ago)

At present you just pay the $1 review fee and then the publishing of the accepted domains are free! :)
That's good they do away with Publishing fee.

•••
You're welcome @Neal Grayson!

Another point that some folks may not be aware of is that you can submit domain names for review before you buy them.

So if you have an idea for a hand reg, or have your eye on an auction coming up in a week, you can get the name reviewed, accepted and priced before you buy it.

That's a feature that I don't think any other brandable marketplace is offering.

•••
@Neal Grayson

The pre-review feature that Keith mentioned is excellent!

It is like the old days of "sampling" with registrars. This feature allows you to make an informed decision with your capital and saves you having to sell-off the rejects (which the rejects pile built up quickly with the older model).

This new model of $1 per submit is an efficient way to build a portfolio with BrandBucket. And the $1 per submit vs the prior $10 to publish model is far less expensive if you have a reasonable acceptance rate > 30% with the site.

Moving to this model was a smart move by BB in my opinion and provides a terrific way to learn their taste for names without sinking several hundred dollars in registration fees to taste test.

Best of luck with your business.

•••
Is it only me, or do you also see an increase in demand for bb domains in the wholesale market lately?

•••
With GD Expired auctions and Closeouts being so expensive lately, it's not a surprise.

If you need inventory, you go where the reseller prices are reasonable.

•••
The publishing process for approved names seems to be slow again. Anyone else noticing this?

•••
•••
PS I believe the issue that caused the problem has been resolved but it will take a little while to clear out the backlog. Sorry for the delay. :wacky:

Last edited:
•••
PS I believe the issue that caused the problem has been resolved but it will take a little while to clear out the backlog. Sorry for the delay. :wacky:

Thanks, Keith. It would be nice to clear the backlog.

•••

Now as I have some names waiting to be be published, but when i try to pay it say 10/domain,
Do I have to submit accepted names for review again?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back